Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 14th January (Fixtures and Results)

Langford Reserves 1 Hoddesdon Town Reserves 4. 53 mins J Curtis 25 yard free kick

Harefield United 1 St Margaretsbury 1

Dunstable Town 1 Hanwell Town 0 - Matt Judge

Hoddesdon Town 1 Wodson Park 0 Gary Simmonds Penalty, 60 mins

GOAL 58': Leverstock Green 0 AFC Dunstable 2. BJ Christie scores after Olaleye charged down a clearance. Against the run of play after Leverstock Green dominated start of half

Hoddesdon Town 1 Wodson Park 1 - Penalty to Wodson Park for handball, scored.

Hoddesdon Town 2 Wodson Park 1 - Brilliant goal from Brandon, fed in by brilliant run and ball from Massey

Dunstable Town 2 Hanwell Town 0 - Lee Roache

Langford Reserves 1 Hoddesdon Town Reserves 5. J Curtis

Colney Heath 1 Royston Town 2

Dunstable Town 3 Hanwell Town 1 - Dean Brennan

Edited by Karen Browne

Results

PREMIER DIVISION

1-2 Colney Heath v Royston Town

3-1 Dunstable Town v Hanwell Town

1-0 Hadley v Biggleswade United

1-1 Harefield United v St Margaretsbury

0-2 Hertford Town v Haringey Borough

0-2 Leverstock Green v AFC Dunstable

DIVISION ONE

2-1 Hoddesdon Town v Wodson Park

DIVISION TWO

4-2 Hale Leys United v Old Bradwell United

0-2 Kent Athletic v Totternhoe

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

1-5 Langford Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

RESERVE LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Third Round

3-1 London Lions Reserves v Hadley Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Aylesbury United v Berkhamsted

4-2 Broxbourne Borough V&E v Stotfold

1-0 Hadley v Biggleswade United

1-1 Harefield United v St Margaretsbury

0-4 Hillingdon Borough v Tring Athletic

P-P Holmer Green v Hatfield Town

3-2 London Tigers v Oxhey Jets

DIVISION ONE

1-2 Amersham Town v Crawley Green

1-3 Bedford v Kings Langley

P-P Buckingham Athletic v London Colney

P-P Chesham United Reserves v Langford

5-1 Cockfosters v Sun Postal Sports

1-0 Harpenden Town v New Bradwell St Peter

2-1 Hoddesdon Town v Wodson Park

0-2 Kentish Town v Ampthill Town

1-0 St Albans City Reserves v Tokyngton Manor

2-3 Stony Stratford Town v London Lions

P-P Welwyn Garden City v Cranfield United

DIVISION TWO

3-2 Bletchley Town v MK Wanderers

5-7 Caddington v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

4-2 Hale Leys United v Old Bradwell United

0-2 Kent Athletic v Totternhoe

1-2 Mursley United v The 61FC (Luton)

4-1 Winslow United v Tring Corinthians

DIVISION TWO CUP Second Round

2-4 Risborough Rangers v Aston Clinton

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

1-2 Hatfield Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

1-5 Langford Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

1-1 London Colney Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

P-P Royston Town Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

2-2 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Risborough Rangers Reserves

4-0 Stotfold Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

P-P Ampthill Town Reserves v Harpenden Town Reserves

2-1 New Bradwell St Peter Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

1-2 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

2-4 Totternhoe Reserves v Bletchley Town Reserves

RESERVE LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Third Round

2-0 Kings Langley Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

3-1 London Lions Reserves v Hadley Reserves

3-4 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Kent Athletic Reserves

BEDS INTERMEDIATE CUP Quarter Final

1-2 Ickwell & Old Warden v Crawley Green Reserves

2-4 The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v Bedford SA

Edited by Karen Browne

Kentish Town 0-2 Ampthill Town

Ampthill Town were by far the better team i can see why they are 2nd in the league even when they were 2 0 up they wanted it more than Kentish Town. I thought Ampthill's Number 5 and Number 10 were very good players. Kentish Town were very poor in the first half but they had a better second half. I will be very surprised if Ampthill Town dont go up.

Savagebee.....so you made our game, nice one and nice comments too.

At times it was like a training exercise, guess with one eye on next weeks Vase game it was to be expected.

Thought Kentish looked good at the back but apart from one shot offered very little else

I hear we played well today. Dean Worman scored our goal and Keith Rowlands missed a pen for us.

clean sheet no bookings AGAIN 3 points good day lads :D .

Kentish Town 0-2 Ampthill Town

Ampthill Town were by far the better team i can see why they are 2nd in the league even when they were 2 0 up they wanted it more than Kentish Town. I thought Ampthill's Number 5 and Number 10 were very good players. Kentish Town were very poor in the first half but they had a better second half. I will be very surprised if Ampthill Town dont go up.

thanks mate

PREMIER DIVISION

0-4 Hillingdon Borough v Tring Athletic

A report from another's Forum:

Spartan South Midland League Premier:

Hillingdon Borough 0-4 Tring Athletic

(@ Middlesex Stadium)

Admission: £6

Programme: £1

Attendance: 25 (h/c)

Grub: None, I did want some and could smell hot food but couldn't see where you got it from, never mind.

Also played the frost lottery and didn't even bother checking after 12pm today to see if this was on, there was Wealdstone v Barrow just down the road if this was called off.

Ground shows signs of their days in the Southern and Isthmian leagues, cover behind both goals, with one being a standing area and the other a plastic stand that reeks of ground grading requirements. A strange angle for the terraced area in front of the clubhouse makes the whole look of the ground, not run down, but it's clearly aged. Still more than adequate to watch football at. The clubhouse is a strange affair, almost felt I'd stepped into a nightclub - I take it this is owned by another company?

The game. For 20 minutes I was watching defending 101 by the Keystone Cops as both sides looked hopeless at the back and once Tring took the lead (from a defensive mistake) they never looked back. 2 goals in each half made this an easy win.

Off the field, Hillingdon are a lovely club and everyone I spoke to was friendly and welcoming. On the field they are hopeless and not leaving Level 9 for a while. Or maybe this was just an off day...

Also - was Grumpydwarf here? I tried to look out for someone who matched that description but alas, could not.

3-2 London Tigers v Oxhey Jets

Spartan South Mids Premier

London Tigers 3-2 Oxhey Jets

Adm + prog £6; tea/coffee 70p; filled rolls 90p

An early kick off due to a) Tigers being temporarily in need of alternative facilities due to vandalism at their home and B) a reserve game later on.

An entertaining game with an early goal apiece. Oxhey took the lead with a daisy cutter from 20 yards in the first couple of minutes, only for Tigers to outdo them and hit one in from about 35 into the top corner. Plenty more chances and goals came along and despite some late kitchen sink stuff from Oxhey, Tigers hung on to their delight.

The game also went to prove that while there's never a good time to do a complete air-shot-spin-round-and-land-on-your-[****!!****] when clear in the box, you REALLY don't want to do it when all the reserves are in attendance waiting for their game.

PREMIER DIVISION

Spartan South Midlands League Premier

Dunstable Town 3 Hanwell Town 1

Att: 50 ish

Admission: £6 (inc. prog), Bacon Buttie: £2 Tea: £1.20

As one of today's winners of the "Frost Lottery", I would like to thank Dunstable's secretary Paul Harris for fielding my several game/pitch related phone calls whilst en-route. At the turnstiles, he also gave me several progs (not just from today's game). Many thanks again.

The journey itself was not without incident. At St. Pancras I was "evacuated" from my East Midlands train (their words, not mine) five minutes before it was due to leave. But First Capital Connect got me to Luton. Turns out there were signalling problems North of Bedford. They still seemed to be causing problems on my journey home.

After the Creasey Park ground has been much improved with council help, boasting a neat clubhouse, stand and terrace behind one goal. The council are now in charge of refreshment (and pricing as was pointed out). The game itself (top vs bottom, for a lot of the time it was difficult to say who was who in that respect) was one of two halves. The first, instantly forgettable. Not so the second. After Dunstable took a two goal lead (and missed a penalty), Hanwell pulled a goal back, the ball being forced home in the immediate aftermath of another missed penalty. The penalty saw Dunstable (correctly) reduced to ten men but Hanwell were unable to force an equaliser and were caught on the break with virtually the last kick of the match.

All in all, very glad I went. Recommended.

A win a near to full squad now, crowd of 70+ again. big game against bogey team up next on tues hopefully decent crowd for that. Anyone with nowt to do come and cheer us on to our 1st win against Bletchley. Have to keep the big unit quiet he has a god record against us

Edited by Winslow Boy

Hillingdon Borough 0-4 Tring Athletic (Reon Thomas, Matt Jarvis Graham Hall & an og)

A report on this one from Tring's Website:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1736

PREMIER DIVISION

A report on this affair which I was in attendance at:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=723761&conf=&div=

PREMIER DIVISION

A report from another Forum:

Saturday 14th January 2012 @3pm

Spartan South Midlands Premier Division

Colney Heath v Royston Town 1-2

Admission: £5

Programme: Sold out

Attendance: 137

With my chosen game at Herns Way postponed on my arrival at 2.30 (ref decision at 2pm), I drove to Colney Heath for a revisit. Unsurprisingly no progs left at 2.58 but the pitch had thawed out well and only had traces of frost by the main stand. This was a full bloodied and feisty game with many yellow cards as late tackles were aplenty. Royston took the lead when a penalty was awarded because of a push in the back on 35 mins. Just before the break, the Colney no10 was chopped down by the keeper who went in feet first. A red card meant the number 7 went in goal but couldn't prevent the equalising penalty. The second half was fairly even considering Royston were down to 10 men. A last gasp winner in the 90th minute gave all 3 points to the table toppers. Supporters from Welwyn and Hatfield also in attendance. I was stuck in the car park for half and hour thanks to some clever sod parking across my only available exit and I couldn't locate the driver in the bar.

Kent Athletic 0-2 Totternhoe

Hadn't been to Kent for at least a decade but not much has changed. The pitch was better than I remember & they have a small covered area behind one of the goals mainly catering as shelter for smokers from the clubhouse.

We went ahead after about 12 mins and had chances to add to the scoreline as the home side played a very high flat line but our final ball was too late or the forward's run too early. Added a second shortly into the second half and again had further chances.

Kent were on top for the last 10 mins but the points were never in doubt.

Some "interesting" deceisions from the officials. I spent most of the game on one touchline with the lino telling me he couldn't see much because of the sun. To be fair I think he only missed one definite offside. He also once got incorrectly overruled by the ref for a corner / GK decision. Ref also twice restarted play with the ball in the keepers hands. One restart after a player injury, the other after a fowl & booking for the offender. I know the uncontested drop ball is rather pointless but thought you still had to do it.

Aston Clinton next Saturday looks to be a big one in Div 2. One win separates 4 teams at the top. We've still got to play both Aston & 61FC twice

PREMIER DIVISION

A report from both camps:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20120114

http://www.afcdunstable.com/news.php?team_id=9&n_id=199