Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Farnborough Town

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
have announced that season ticket holders of away sides will now be admitted for a fiver. (I've already sked for my refund)

It would be interesting to know how many away fans are season ticket holders of their own club and will this idea attract more away fans?

offline Ronnie

Ronnie
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Doesn't this mean that they will pay less that their own season ticket holders!!!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but a season ticket at the Fleet works out about 7 quid a game ( unless you include friendlys and reserve games )

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Not really because you have still paid for the season ticket and then you have to pay the £5 on top.

Where we could benefit from this scheme is if we could persuade Gills season ticket holders who don't go to away matches to come and watch us for a fiver. That would be all new money.

offline Jeff

Jeff
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
and more support.
It's a good idea.

offline Ronnie

Ronnie
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Dave
Not what I meant. A Fleet season ticket costs 7 quid a game. Someone with another club's season ticket gets to see all of their games, plus our games for a fiver which is less than we pay

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Only if you have actually paid for your season ticket!!!

The idea is not so much for the fans of the team we are playing, but for fans of clubs in the surronding area. It may work better for farnborough as they have Aldershot and Woking nearby, but we have Gillingham, Welling Dartford and a number of Essex teams who might pop over if they are away.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
And talking about farnborough, I see that they have sent Jay Lovett on three months loan to Lewes!

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
have announced that season ticket holders of away sides will now be admitted for a fiver. (I've already sked for my refund)

If I am not mistaken you only get in for a fiver, if the season ticket that you produce is from a team that is not involved in the fixture. They would need to pay me a lot more than a fiver to go to Cherrywood road when the mighty Fleet were not playing there !

But its not a bad idea.. There are loads of season tickets holders of the big London clubs in the area, if we could get them attending the Fleet on a more regular basis its got to be a good thing.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:

And talking about farnborough, I see that they have sent Jay Lovett on three months loan to Lewes!

Oh how the mighty fall - 2 season ago playing for Brentford. - Hereford - Fleet - Farnborough - Lewes

its like a park slide and hes not far from the bottom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus