Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-August 17 )

• Photo
    joe12345

• Photo
    Number 10 scores goals

• Photo
    Cannon P.I

• Photo
    Harry Sullivan

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
2 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
According to the Gazette, Mr Lazarou has now been suspended by the FA and can have no future role in the club.

The Gazette also stated that manager Terry Back has taken on the job of Chairman.

This can only be a stop gap solution.

The club must survive - it’s down to us to make sure that happens.

Is it now time for the supporters of the club to meet to plan for the future?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
how about Lazarou handing the club over to the supporters.

If that fails,how about setting up a new club,in the traditions of the Enfield fc.

SOUND FAMILIAR.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hi LS.

Yes it does sound familiar, I believe our friends at Enfield Town FC went down that path and they have done really well - good luck to them.

Personally, I don't believe we could do the same, there are so few of us left after all! I think the bottom line here is whether Mr Lazarou wishes to continue to fund the Club.

Although it would appear that the FA have decided that he cannot be an officer of the club in the future and he could, I suppose, even choose to resign as a director of the company (EFC Holdings Limited) that runs the club, any company is ultimately accountable to its shareholders and that would still be Mr Lazarou.

I know nothing about football, but I would imagine the playing budget is probably in the region of £60,000 per annum which, together with other staff costs, is probably costing Mr Lazarou through one of his companies or another about £3,000 a week.

IF (and it’s a VERY BIG IF), if Mr Lazarou has had enough of spending his money in this way, then perhaps the next step is for a group of supporters to get together and agree a deal to assume control of the club and then start the lengthy process of negotiating a transfer of membership with the league and FA.

The alternative is for the club to cease when the bills are no longer being paid if he doesn’t wish to let go.

The decision on the future of the club will always lie with Mr Lazarou until he decides he no longer wishes to own the club or until EFC Holdings Limited ceases to trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus