Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a goal!

CI Gull

Firstly as the title what a great goal by BWG a treat for those in attendence, great tekkers!

Overall a good game and we had plenty of chances to score more goals against one of the best sides in the league, so certainly signs of improvement over the last few games. Hope we can find some consistancy and who knows maybe we could just sneak the playoffs (although a hell of alot to do before any serious challenge).

Was impressed by the new signings with Comley having a good debuet showing great composure and Mason coming off the bench with blistering pace causing problems and he should probably have scored or atleast had an assist.

The noise leval was great throughout even though I did have a sore throat by the end, well woth it a very enjoyable game with plenty of positives!

Come on you Yellows!!

Edited by CI Gull

Without doubt probably the best goal i have seen at the lane over the last 5 or 6 years.

Excellent win against a decent Lowestoft side, in all fairness it could of been by a bigger margin. New signings done well and BWG looks like a big signing, good to hear we have him secured for the rest of the season.

The best goal I have ever seen live bar none. Kingy's ball with more check spin on it than an Olympic ping pong ball allowed Jason time to get there compose himself beat his man and put in a great ball across the box. THERE YOU HAVE THE MAGIC BUILD UP! Now for the Worldy finish. BWG realises the keeper is off his line and he's not gonna score with his head from the edge of the box so launches into al full on overhead kick. It comes off his laces (eat your heart out Rooney & any Mancs) and dips at the last mIn hitting the underside of the bar and bang 2-1. The roar from the shed across the pitch was up and so was everyone else in the ground.

The rest of the game was far better than anything else we have seen this season with both sides contributing to an entertaining game most notably with the ball on the deck. I honestly feel Canvey fully deserved the win and could of doubled their tally but in fairness to Lowestoft they could of had a couple more too.

What can I say about the new boys except that they both looked like proper players and seemed very eager to show it, sharp, decent touches and passing range and most of all happy to put it in when we didn't have the ball. This I believe along with BWG raised the levels of our regulars to where it should of been up to now this season!!! LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!!

COYY. COYY. COYY!!!!!!

The best goal I have ever seen live bar none. Kingy's ball with more check spin on it than an Olympic ping pong ball allowed Jason time to get there compose himself beat his man and put in a great ball across the box. THERE YOU HAVE THE MAGIC BUILD UP! Now for the Worldy finish. BWG realises the keeper is off his line and he's not gonna score with his head from the edge of the box so launches into al full on overhead kick. It comes off his laces (eat your heart out Rooney & any Mancs) and dips at the last mIn hitting the underside of the bar and bang 2-1. The roar from the shed across the pitch was up and so was everyone else in the ground.

The rest of the game was far better than anything else we have seen this season with both sides contributing to an entertaining game most notably with the ball on the deck. I honestly feel Canvey fully deserved the win and could of doubled their tally but in fairness to Lowestoft they could of had a couple more too.

What can I say about the new boys except that they both looked like proper players and seemed very eager to show it, sharp, decent touches and passing range and most of all happy to put it in when we didn't have the ball. This I believe along with BWG raised the levels of our regulars to where it should of been up to now this season!!! LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!!

COYY. COYY. COYY!!!!!!

Just got goose bumps reading this post and dont think I can put it any better!!!! What a game, I loved every minute from start to finish with Canvey fully deserving their victory. Every player put in a shift, the new signings look very exciting and we even had Dobbo, Gamo and Healesy all on the bench!!!! The banter and the atmosphere in the shed was great and the players responded to it. Well done to The Mighty Yellow Army and well done to The Mighty Canvey Island!!!!!!