Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's game

2-2 is unbdoubtedly a great result, but we were only 7 minutes from victory. We need three points to start pulling away from Northwich and keeping in touch with Margate, Burton and Scarborough. Kinda frustrating seeing Gradley scoring to make it 2-1 on Sky News, then seeing them equalise!!

Definitely seems to have been reported everywhere that Gradley got the second goal - lets hope that acts as a bit of a confidence boost for him as he's taken some stick from the crowd at times this year.

After all, the lad is only 20 and is clearly quite capable.

Another new scorer to add to our list for the season as well - only r 4 players have more than 1 goal this season (Haworth 5, Pinnock 4, Drury 2,and Gradley 2) and we have a further 8 individuals who have scored one goal each - somewhat unusual I would think !

Another point to note is that Morecambe's 2nd goal was the 50th in our league games this season, and only Hereford and Aldershot have had more goals in their games. Great entertainment value, even if, unfortuntely, 29 of those goals have been scored against us (the third worst in the league).

Agree re: Pat Gradley, and other youngsters in the squad. Let them play their natural game, without the crowd and people on this message board being over critical. Can't being any co-inidence that our best performances have been away from home. Get behind them, they are the future of the club over the next couple of years.

Another point - there's probably more chance of Northern Ireland scoring than us getting a penalty, but who takes them? I'd go for James Pinnock.

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:Another new scorer to add to our list for the season as well - only r 4 players have more than 1 goal this season (Haworth 5, Pinnock 4, Drury 2,and Gradley 2) and we have a further 8 individuals who have scored one goal each - somewhat unusual I would think !

I hate to be picky Alan, but didn't Abbey score at Woking?