Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Monday 27th February, Tuesday 28th February & Wednesday 29th February)

GOAL 73': Haringey Borough 1 Leverstock Green 1. Benjamin clean through, great save from Tasker but Roland Namquita scores from the rebound

GOAL 82': Haringey Borough 2 Leverstock Green 1. Ball through middle to Fenton, who squares for Namquita to score again.

Tring Athletic 0 Royston Town 2. Kaan Fehmi makes it two from a well struck free kick through the wall

Tring Athletic 0 Royston Town 3. Kaan Fehmi gets his second with a class turn and a rocket finish.

Edited by Karen Browne

RESULTS

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Semi Final

2-1 Haringey Borough v Leverstock Green (@ Leverstock Green FC)

PREMIER DIVISION

0-3 Tring Athletic v Royston Town

DIVISION ONE

3-0 Hoddesdon Town v Ampthill Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

3-3 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

Visitors Ampthill Town have arrived late

Don't worry, I'm not saying anything

Tuesday 28th February

PREMIER DIVISION

0-3 Tring Athletic v Royston Town

HERTS SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP Semi Final

2-2* Oxhey Jets v Cheshunt (Oxhey Jets won 4-3 on penalties)

DIVISION ONE

3-0 Buckingham Athletic v Kentish Town

1-3 Cockfosters v Cranfield United

2-2 Harpenden Town v Langford

3-0 Hoddesdon Town v Ampthill Town

3-0 Kings Langley v St Albans City Reserves

1-1 New Bradwell St Peter v Wodson Park

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

3-3 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

0-4 Stotfold Reserves v The 61FC (Luton) Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

8-0 Sun Postal Sports Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

A night I would like to forget lol stuck in traffic for 2 hours then get beat by the

Much better team on the night. Well done hod good bunch and a good set up o and a great programme . Let's just hope we can win our games in hand now but a long way to go . Kings Lang sat another tough one

HERTS SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP Semi Final

2-2* Oxhey Jets v Cheshunt (Oxhey Jets won 4-3 on penalties)

A report from another forum

Oxhey Jets started better, creating more chances and looking keener to progress to the final against eveither Stevenage or Bishops Stortford. However, it was Cheshunt who scored first after missing a couple of very good chances themselves. Jets equalised about five minutes later before things got interesting. A Jets striker was clean through on goal after rounding the keeper, but the keeper tracked back and wiped him out. Everyone inside the ground thought it was a clear sending off and penalty as the ball rolled away just wide. The referee awarded the penalty, but only gave the keeper a yellow. Even the away bench thought he was a goner. The penalty was saved and the half ended with the scores even.

The tempo of the first half was lost come the start of the second and the match was dull for a short period. Things livened up when Cheshunt scored to make it 2-1 and then Jets scored a fantastic equaliser. Jets could've had a man sent off themselves after a dodgy looking tackle, yellow card again.

I left at full time as I needed to get to work. Good game.

Basic ground, a few areas of cover, some seats, hard standing all the way round, though it's crumbling in places.

Edited by Karen Browne

Tuesday 28th February

Leverstock Green and Haringey Borough don't let the grass grow under their feet do they:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20120228

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=781811&conf=&div=

I made the trip to Hoddesdon Town's 'Lowfield' last night & enjoyed it very much.

Ampthill looked very strong after early pressure that could have seen them 2-0 up after only 3 minutes, including a disallowed. Then somewhat against the run of play Hoddesdon scored the 1st goal. After that Ampthill seemed very very easy to break down at back & The home side capitalised by quickly increasing their lead. The 3rd goal by Mr Brandon was an excellent finish with the outside of his foot from 20 yards.

The 2nd half was a bit flat to start with but Ampthill increased the pressure& had several half chances but I think it was just one of those nights for them.

I was very impressed with Hoddesdon. If they carry on playing like this their Chairman might not have to write a letterto the league for promotion.

At the game, I see my friends Mr Horace & Mr Neutral. Sadly I did not see Mr Ref or Mr Clifford. What game were you at Mr Clifford ?

I made the trip to Hoddesdon Town's 'Lowfield' last night & enjoyed it very much.

Ampthill looked very strong after early pressure that could have seen them 2-0 up after only 3 minutes, including a disallowed. Then somewhat against the run of play Hoddesdon scored the 1st goal. After that Ampthill seemed very very easy to break down at back & The home side capitalised by quickly increasing their lead. The 3rd goal by Mr Brandon was an excellent finish with the outside of his foot from 20 yards.

The 2nd half was a bit flat to start with but Ampthill increased the pressure& had several half chances but I think it was just one of those nights for them.

I was very impressed with Hoddesdon. If they carry on playing like this their Chairman might not have to write a letterto the league for promotion.

At the game, I see my friends Mr Horace & Mr Neutral. Sadly I did not see Mr Ref or Mr Clifford. What game were you at Mr Clifford ?

I would like to registar a complaint Mr Olafobi. I subscribed to your Text Alert Goal Score service and yet I did not receive any text alerts until towards the end of the game when I had to text you first to remind you of may subscription! Ampthill and Manchester City are my teams and I am very disappointed not to have got full value for my one pound and 99 pence - please issue a cheque or give me cash when you see me at the shop. Do not try to dodge me because I will be seeing you coming on your rounds.

A nice brief match report Mr Olafobi but I'm looking forward to the official Hoddesdon one, should make good reading. It was good to meet you and to catch up with Horace again. I'm dissapointed you left your chicken, rice and peas on the train as I had to nick some of the Hoddy players food....

Good to meet you at last Fobs! Took a little while to find each other in the excellent crowd (official figure 119). Also great to see Neutralfan again. Sorry I had to wimp out on the post match pint boys, but at my age it was past my bedtime by the time that the game ended at 10pm!

I have sympathy with Ampthill for having to trek over to Hoddesdon in midweek for such an important game. Rush hour traffic on the M1 and associated roads is a nightmare! Hope the League show mercy re the delayed K.O.

Ampthill started off like the side we expected, but were rocked by what was really a breakaway Hoddesdon goal. This clearly affected them and when it got to 3-0 to Hoddy, it was all over. Second half was a 0-0 draw as Ampthill recovered to a large extent. Was impressed by Lowfield, which clearly is in good shape and well run. Would love to see a Premier Division with them, Hertford, St Mags, Broxbourne and Ware all competing in local derbys! No traffic delays there!

Privileged to see the great Cliff Jones still attending non-league football (watching his grandson playing for Hoddy).

It would be nice for the league to show some common sense regards the 15 minute delayed kick off.

Most of the squad probably didn't finish work until say 5, then a mad dash only to hit heavy congestion which is no fault of their own.

I cannot understand why midweek games are not more localised with the long trek's left for the Saturday?

Appreciate doing the fixtures taking into account Reserve teams and Cup competitions is not easy, but sometimes it would help if the above suggested was taken into account.

Looked out for you RoR but couldn't spot you. I did speak to one guy who I thought looked like you (only seen you at Sandridge) but he turned out to be a startled Hoddesdon Town supporter!

I hope the SSMFL do not fine Ampthill for the delay in KO. Surely there must be some 'act of god' justification that can be applied.

Really happy about the result...but also for Dean Barker, who well and truly made the headlines on his long awaited return to action.

Real shame 3 can't go up! Can the SSMFL introduce playoffs or something?

Horace.....I was stood next to the stand in front of the lineo.....with a few Ampthill diehards.

Funny game really, we played a lot worse Saturday and got the win, on another day we may have snatched a draw or even a win but Hoddy took their chances and that's what it's all about.

Thought it was a good game, have to say didn't think the Ref had a good one, not that his decisions affected the result.

For the record got home at 5 past midnight, and New Bradwell go there next Tuesday, just no common sense fixture allocation wise

Here are the match highlights of the Hoddesdon Town v Ampthill Town game including all three goals... Jamie Brandon's goal for Hoddy was a brilliant strike.

First time i've seen Ampthill this season and to their credit they never gave up.... but Hoddy were better side on the night.

Team line ups and formations are on the cold end as well as a little report - link below.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7yMs7zJ1kw&noredirect=1