Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 3rd March (Fixtures and Results)

Their was a game played on the next pitch which has an old stand as well. Not sure who was playing as one side were in home colours, but their other adult sides appeared not to have a home game.

That was me and the St Mags Vets

Feels like a loss today. Kentish came for a draw and fair play to them. Defended like lions they did. We thought we only had to turn up. Poor from us and lessons to be learnt.

Jonno

Nice to see you yesterday

Too be fair we only turned up for the programme.

On recent results, it was a much improved performance and I agree your players seemed think not just an easy three points, but

also how many they would score, but football is a funny old game.

And it felt like a win for us and perhaps it should have been.

From a Groundhopping forum.....

Spartan South Midlands League Division One

Sun Postal Sports 2-0 Chesham United Reserves

£4.00 in

£0.00 16pg prog

ATT:28

After last week postponment away to New Bradwell St Peter due to Sun not being able to field a side and the fact they are rock bottom on ten points I started to wonder if the writing was on the wall or not so with that in mind I travelled the short distance down the M1 to have a look. I had no idea just how big the set up is down there. The sports club is a large venue indeed and many sports are catered for within the complex including Boxing, Bowls, Rugby and a very busy and clearly thriving Hockey scene. Football wise the chairman told me after last weeks incident he sacked the manager and since then they have had a 8-0 win for the reserves and now this, mind you Chesham produced easily the worst display of football I've seen this season by a long way. So although they are certain to finish bottom there certainly not out.

Ground wise, quite basic with a 96 seater stand on the halfway line and nothing else of note.

Another Groundhoppers views

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

HODDESDON TOWN 1 KENTISH TOWN 1 Attendance-52 (my h/c) Admission-£3 (wrinklies) Programme-£1.50

This was a keenly contested affair between 3rd from the top and second bottom; the visitors secured their first point of 2012 with a battling defensive performance with Hoddesdon spending most of the second half encamped in the Kentish half. Quite how they hung on is incertain with what looked like a late winner being ruled out by the linesman`s flag (very debatable).

Quite liked the ground which is situated within a public park; it is fully fenced off with a 84 seater stand on the far-side.

Special mention must be made of the 120 page programme which has everything you want inside and more and more......a total labour of love.

Post-match refreshments were taken on the way back in Aylesbury at the Broad Leys and the excellent Hop Pole which is now brewing its own beers under the title of Aylesbury Brewhouse. Thanks to Mr Villan, who drove onto St Margaretsbury, for his excellent driving skills.

Edited by Karen Browne

DIVISION ONE

1-1 Hoddesdon Town v Kentish Town

A report on this shock result from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

HODDESDON TOWN 1 KENTISH TOWN 1 Attendance-52 (my h/c) Admission-£3 (wrinklies) Programme-£1.50

This was a keenly contested affair between 3rd from the top and second bottom; the visitors secured their first point of 2012 with a battling defensive performance with Hoddesdon spending most of the second half encamped in the Kentish half. Quite how they hung on is incertain with what looked like a late winner being ruled out by the linesman`s flag (very debatable).

Quite liked the ground which is situated within a public park; it is fully fenced off with a 84 seater stand on the far-side.

Special mention must be made of the 120 page programme which has everything you want inside and more and more......a total labour of love.

Post-match refreshments were taken on the way back in Aylesbury at the Broad Leys and the excellent Hop Pole which is now brewing its own beers under the title of Aylesbury Brewhouse. Thanks to Mr Villan, who drove onto St Margaretsbury, for his excellent driving skills.

There seems to be an echo in here.

Someone loves the sound of their own voice?

PTG

I was at the St Mags vs Royston game on Saturday to witness the shambolic display of officiating. It was easily the worst I have seen at this level and turned what was a competitive and important match into farce bordering on riot inducing. You must be extremely embarassed to be involved in such a disgraceful display. No doubt we will never hear what was said at the referee's assessment debrief but if the assessor had done his job properly there should have been strong criticism of this performance at the very least.

Please answer a direct question as you seem to be the font of all football law knowledge on this forum.

Does the ball become immediately dead when the referee blows his whistle?

As witnessed by me, my fellow supporters and reported on this site and others - the referee clearly blew his whistle for a foul seconds before the St Mags player headed in and it was clear to me that the Royston goalkeeper made no attempt to contest the cross because of this fact.

Our guys said that was clearly the case Latchford... they also reckon he gave the soft penalty to you to balance his mistake. Can't comment personally as didn't witness them.

PTG You must be extremely embarassed to be involved in such a disgraceful display

It had to be Pete The Greek involved on this game didn't it, I rest my case.

PTG You must be extremely embarassed to be involved in such a disgraceful display

It had to be Pete The Greek involved on this game didn't it, I rest my case.

Care to elaborate?

I think Latchford has said it all don't you, I don't need to elaborate

PTG

I was at the St Mags vs Royston game on Saturday to witness the shambolic display of officiating. It was easily the worst I have seen at this level and turned what was a competitive and important match into farce bordering on riot inducing. You must be extremely embarassed to be involved in such a disgraceful display. No doubt we will never hear what was said at the referee's assessment debrief but if the assessor had done his job properly there should have been strong criticism of this performance at the very least.

Please answer a direct question as you seem to be the font of all football law knowledge on this forum.

Does the ball become immediately dead when the referee blows his whistle?

As witnessed by me, my fellow supporters and reported on this site and others - the referee clearly blew his whistle for a foul seconds before the St Mags player headed in and it was clear to me that the Royston goalkeeper made no attempt to contest the cross because of this fact.

I will answer your question and go through the incident in some detail.

From my position by the 'benches', St Margaretsbury were attacking the goal furthest from me along the right wing which is closest to the junior Assistant Referee.

The ball was crossed in to the far post. I followed the ball and did not initially see the Assistant Referee flagging for an infringement.

As the St Margaretsbury player headed the ball into the goal the Referee blew the whistle. From my position I had some doubt as to whether the ball had crossed the line before the whistle was blown.

The reaction of those in the Royston Town Technical Area who were some 30 yards closer to the incident and had a better angle than me was that the whistle came first.

I later heard spectators from both Clubs who were in the corner closes to the exit / entrance to the pitch, and therefore in a perfect position to judge, agree that the ball had not crossed the line when the whistle was blown.

In answer to your question, play stops when the whistle is blown.

It was not an enjoyable game to officiate especially in the second half with all the abuse flying about.

I am answerable for my performance and not of the Referee. I was comfortable in my own mind that I was correct in the decisions that I made. It was a testing game with a lot happening not only on the pitch but in the Technical Area and behind me in the stands.

Concentration was the hardest part for me with so much going on. I am not aware of any mistakes I may have done and nor was the Assessor in his debrief to me.

Excuse me but the match assessor, referee, both assistants, both benches, all players and spectators fully know the whistle was blown just as the player heade the ball goalwards. This clearly put the goalkeeper off making any possible save. The goal should not have been awarded and anyone that says differently or saw or heard differently is completely wrong

Excuse me but the match assessor, referee, both assistants, both benches, all players and spectators fully know the whistle was blown just as the player heade the ball goalwards. This clearly put the goalkeeper off making any possible save. The goal should not have been awarded and anyone that says differently or saw or heard differently is completely wrong

As I have stated in my previous post, I was not 100% convinced that the whistle came after the goal was scored. The consensus of opinion by those present at the game, especially those closes to the incident would be in agreement with you.

The only person further away from me at the time was the St Margaretsbury goalkeeper which gives you some idea as to how far away I was when the incident occurred.

Had that happened at my end then I would be in a better position to comment.

There is not much more that I can add.

The meatballs were pretty good though weren't they!