Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Capital League Match OFF

This is all water under (or over, maybe) the Itchen Bridge to me.

(Those familiar with the solent tributaries may appreciate this wee pun)

Edited by Keith B

"All this scratchin is making me itch".

Name the band (SBF is banned from this Q due to his music knowledge).

A pint to the winner (i.e. the first correct answer on here) next time I am there (hopefully Saturday).

Edited by Keith B

Good man!

Sholu;d have known you'd get it,

One in the pipe 4 you!

Dan - let's be honest - the only reason you left the PC was to go on google or dig out the Guiness British Hit Singles book!

Leave music nostalgia to us real oldies. You'll be telling me next that you can recall who sang the immortal song 'The Message'. Gotta go, .......................I'm close to the edge.....

SBF and Swifty - don't tell him - make him work for his pint.

Can't see the wood for the proverbial (ash) trees.

Its like a jungle sometimes :ph34r:

Now you're quoting from "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash....It makes me wonder how I keep from going under!

Better throw something by Petula Clark or Frankie Laine on here to let the slightly older committee menbers join in! :D

Edited by Swifty

If you mean me, Mr. Smallfont, you should be aware that my tastes in music extend only to the likes of Lonnie Donegan, Buddy Holly, Emmylou Harris (the most beautiful and talented singer in the world), Jerry Lee, Jessi Colter, The Teencats (Norwegian Rock & Roll group - look em up on You Tube) plus Transvision Vamp and the Country Sisters (not entirely down to their music though).

With a few exceptions, I despise all music made after about 1972 and can't generally tell the difference between the 80's, the 90's and the current era. My wife often tells me I'm in a time warp but I know what I like! Sadly I haven't got a clue who Eddie has been talking about earlier on this topic.

AC - Sounds like the pre-baseball cap era to me.

Al, dude, you gotta keep hip with the bro's in the hood and t'ing...er, I think!

I'd never had guessed you were a Transvision Vamp fan...or was it just a penchant for Wendy James? Couldn't blame you! As for Emmylou Harris, loved her cover of "Here, There and Everywhere".

I knew that was Grandmaster Flash and I wasn't even born when The Message came out! Can't post from my mobile though...

Still, I can play this game too. Try this one:

"I remember seeing someone, dressed in a suit, looking like a lunatic"