Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fabrice Muamba

Rhodes

Whilst naturally wishing Fabrice Muamba well for a speedy recovery I was quite surprised the Tottenham v Bolton FA Cup tie was called off by Howard Webb on Saturday, what do members think.

Whilst naturally wishing Fabrice Muamba well for a speedy recovery I was quite surprised the Tottenham v Bolton FA Cup tie was called off by Howard Webb on Saturday, what do members think.

I think its called respect. Obviously both sets of players where distraught, as were most of the people in the stadium I would imagine, and it was the only sensible decision that could have been taken.

Sorry to have to say this Mr Rhodes, but making posts like that is in the worst possible taste, and was done IMO, for no other reason than to satisfy your lust for controversy.

I think its called respect. Obviously both sets of players where distraught, as were most of the people in the stadium I would imagine, and it was the only sensible decision that could have been taken.

Sorry to have to say this Mr Rhodes, but making posts like that is in the worst possible taste, and was done IMO, for no other reason than to satisfy your lust for controversy.

FFS sake Rhodes, did you really expect his teammates to continue playing, having just watched their friend getting jump started on the pitch with a defibrillator?

I suppose to you Fabrice is just another plastic Brit, having been born the the DR of Congo (Formerly Zaire).

Missundersood – I had a feeling that my post would get that reaction, please don’t get me wrong as like I said I wish Fabrice Muamba well for a speedy recovery however what about Heysel and the 1985 European Cup Final between Liverpool and Juventus, that still went ahead.

Missundersood – I had a feeling that my post would get that reaction, please don’t get me wrong as like I said I wish Fabrice Muamba well for a speedy recovery however what about Heysel and the 1985 European Cup Final between Liverpool and Juventus, that still went ahead.

I think most people agree that playing the game in Heysel was a disgraceful act of insensitivity.

Oddly enough though, in the 70s we used to have speedway meetings at Romfords old stadium, and I'm sure there was people that turned up in the hope of seeing a gory accident. It would be nice to think society has moved on since then, but seeing the so called noble art of boxing is still flourishing I'm not sure.

I don't know who saw The Sun today however one of the first things Fabrice Muamba apparently asked his family when he woke up was 'why did they stop the game', that's from the horses mouth and the question I raised in my above post

Whilst naturally wishing Fabrice Muamba well for a speedy recovery I was quite surprised the Tottenham v Bolton FA Cup tie was called off

by Howard Webb on Saturday, what do members think.

I don't know who saw The Sun today however

one of the first things Fabrice Muamba

apparently asked his family when he woke up

was 'why did they stop the game', that's from the

horses mouth and the question I raised in my

above post

Mr Clifford, when i first awoke this morning, i

asked my family, why a you such a prize

w@nker ? My family struggled to find an answer

& then straight from the horse mouth my 9 year old son Henry 'because he is an insecure loner with sexual frustration & the only way he can get his kicks is by pointlessly provoking people.'

I nearly choked on my Special K !

I nearly choked on my Special K!

To be honest I think you are unfairly shooting the messenger, I’m just stating what yesterday’s Sun said on the front page that Fabrice Muamba asked himself, from his hospital bed, why the game last week was abandoned, his words not mine.

I nearly choked on my Special K!

To be honest I think you are unfairly shooting the messenger, I’m just stating what yesterday’s Sun said on the front page that Fabrice Muamba asked himself, from his hospital bed, why the game last week was abandoned, his words not mine.

Given that his heart had stopped during the proceedings the decision was not one he took part in. Clearly Howard Webb consulted with the coaching staff, his fellow officials and noting that most if not all of the players still conscious from both teams were shocked and upset and unfit to play competitively made a fair decision that was not met with disagreement from the majority or even all of the paying fans to stop the match.

If Howard Webb had only known that you, neither a fan of either team or a paying customer disagreed I am sure he would have weighted an alternative decision in your favour. Obviously no Official in their right mind at that level of the game would ignore your wishes Cliffy.

Loosely - Okay lets give the abandonment at White Hart Lane the benefit of the doubt then but why was Bolton's Premiership fixture at Villa Park postponed the following Tuesday, I'm quite surprised Aston Villa agreed to that

Mr Rhodes, you really are someone who my Papa used to call an 'Intellectual Dwarf'. I do not know you nor do i know much about football management but as the Bolton Manager Mr Coyle was in London keeping progress on Muamba & the Bolton players were still in shock about the incident & were not training, i would think that is not good preparation for an important match. Now thank the lord that Fabrice is out of danger the players have returned to training & will play Blackburn saturday.

Unfortunately the lord may have helped Fabrice recover, but he cannot help an incurable idiot like you !

Loosely - Okay lets give the abandonment at White Hart Lane the benefit of the doubt then but why was Bolton's Premiership fixture at Villa Park postponed the following Tuesday, I'm quite surprised Aston Villa agreed to that

Nice to see that you concede you were wrong for a change. A Red Letter Day for Non League UK.

Loosely - I didn't say that I was wrong, I made a comparison with Heysel didn't I and asked why the 1985 European Cup Final wasn't abandoned, surely that was a lot more traumatic for all concerned as 39 people actually died in the stadium

And I believe that someone else has already pointed out that the decision to carry on with that game was not a shining example to be held up as a standard to base subsequent decisions on. Which I agree with. No doubt you will disagree. What's new?

And I believe that someone else has already pointed out that the decision to carry on with that game was not a shining example to be held up as a standard to base subsequent decisions on. Which I agree with. No doubt you will disagree. What's new?

Loosely - Yes but you would agree though wouldn’t you, as I’ve said before if I said something was black you would say it was white and vice versa

Loosely - Yes but you would agree though wouldn’t you, as I’ve said before if I said something was black you would say it was white and vice versa

I think other people can be the judge of whether I hold a valid opinion in opposition to your own.

It's not as if you talk cr@p on here all the time and I do try and defend you from a lot of needless abuse but sometimes you don't help yourself do you? It's not as if your opinion on this matter hasn't met with widespread disapproval right across this board is it?

Come on, stop backsliding and make more of an effort Cliffy.