Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welcome to Non League UK !!!!

The more observant amongst you, may notice that a few things have changed here since last night!!<p>The site is now called Non League UK, and Non League Forums is now just a part of it. We decided that we couldn't keep calling the site Non League Forums, as it was no longer solely forums.<p>We have a brand new section called Non League News, which surprise, surprise contains news wink.gif" border="0 <p>Along the top section, you will also see links to results, reports & links.<p>Clubs are invited to submit their news items, and match reports to the site. All this is done without any involvement from us. Just follow the link towards the bottom right of either the news, report or results pages, and you will see how easy it is to do!!<p>And there's more.....<p>Clubs can now have a live feed to their site, of the latest non league news.... For an example of this follow the other link towards the bottom left of the results, reports, or news pages.<p>All of these sections can be enhanced with images - you can either link to the images (See any of the Canvey reports for good examples), or you can upload pictures. We recommend linking the images, as you have greater control over them then.<p>I hope that you like the new layout, we will be tweaking it over the coming days, so if you spot any problems please do let me know.<p>We have got rid of the right hand navigation, to give the forums a bit more space in an 800*600 screen space. In the forum section, you can find most of the old links in the two pull down menus, these will auto select, when you let go of the mouse.<p>A version upgrade of the software for the forum, will take place during the next few days, and this will see more features being added.<p>A version of this message, will be going out to all those, who have selected to be able to receive important updates from us.<p>Again welcome to Non League UK - supporting football at its best.<p>Regards.

This is a great improvement, but I feel streaming all non-league news headlines onto my site(s) is all a bit too general. What I would love, is the possibility of bringing the headlines of those news items which have a bit more relevance to my site(s) onto my site(s). A filter would be sufficient. If one of certain keywords which I could specify appear in the article, I would like it to show automatically on my site. After all, it is the individuality of the site that encourages people to visit it.<p>Might this be a possibility in the future?

Hi,<p>Thank you for your comments - I was wondering when anyone would notice the changes. wink.gif" border="0 <p>Your question...<p>At the moment, until things get going, then it will be more general, however, as things build up, the news section will be split, into different sections that are more relevant to individual sites. My first draft if the site, was for several more sections, but then most of them would have appeared empty, so I decide to combine them into just three general groups.<p>I suppose at the moment, it is a case of do you carry a feed that has one alteration every two weeks, that is relevant, or one that changes daily? We will only be covering non league items, so hopefully a lot of the feed will be of some interest to every person.<p>I am also seeing if it is possible for sites to carry the search facility above their feed, this would enable someone to put say Enfield or Bowers, and search on that keyword, direct from your site.<p>As the success of this section, is dependant upon clubs entering their own headlines, if enough clubs in your league were to upload info, then it would be a good case to split off your league, and then you could just have that feed.<p>If I can work this any other way, then I will.<p>As you know Colin, I always take note of what people say, and always try to find a solution to everyones comments - I wish it was always possible to find one - but I try.<p>Hope all this makes sense, but having had no sleep for the last 40 hours, I am getting a little tired. smile.gif" border="0 <p>Regards,<p>Ian