Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey's Firm

Having been to the game against Purfleet last night I didnt see that you had much of a firm.<p>This is non-league football we dont need that sort of thing.

for all those not in the know, a firm is what us normal people would call 'football viewers' or maybe even 'football watchers'. obviously all these really cool hip and cool people who hang with their homeys call it a firm!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ken:

<strong>for all those not in the know, a firm is what us normal people would call 'football viewers' or maybe even 'football watchers'. obviously all these really cool hip and cool people who hang with their homeys call it a firm!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>So, no one from Canvey then...lol.

ahh yes canveys firm.. known worldwide.. west hams ICF the chelsea headhunters, the CS boys from sarfend pah!! absolute pussys compared to the might of the canvey beachcombers (ok i know they were originally the mudflatters but they wanted something a bit more glam)..

these are real hardmen, uncompromising rufty tufty's.. who can forget when merv strolled into the midst of the southend end in that f.a.cup game stanley'd up.............(ive never liked that stanley his eyes are too close together)..

or that time vic jumped 2 places in the burger Q whilst people were watching boylan slot yet another one... or when can fan ordered a lager at the northampton match without a TOP!!! (i bet he was chilly later) or when Krazy ken insisted all that graffiti had to be re done because of some grammatical errors... the canvey beachcombers dont feck with us or we'll er.. er.. get very cross!<p>[ 13 March 2002: This message was edited by: CANV ]</p>

I think the term 'Canvey Firm' is a bit working class and doesn't really suit those professional and academic football watchers among our ranks. Could we perhaps be known as something a little more erudite? Canvey Consortium or Canvey Fellowship both seem more appropriate. <p>I'm always up for a bit of bourgoise bovver and I have been known to give someone a good kicking with my Hush Puppies just because I didn't like the cut of their jib. I do draw the line at singing rude songs though.<p>Merv CIFC

Quick question that I meant to ask a couple of weeks ago Canvey, What on earth was that nasty smell that seemed to linger around your ground?<p>And if you even consider saying 'Bedford town' it would be duller than eating a chinese meal with earbuds as opposed to chopsticks. <p>Yours nasally violatedly,<p>Bald Eagle