Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

sense of humor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
get a sense of humor.
if we go into the conference next season
we will need a sense of humor we at the moment we don't seem to have.
oppostion fans take the P*ss and instead of having a laugh and a joke with them we get on the defensive, no wonder then that we are getting a reputation of being the fans with the least sense of humor and are so far up ourselves, don't get get me wrong but i can see their point of view, i love canvey island football club but over the years i think we have lost the fun.
i am wondering if it is worth it,
i am starting to enjoy games less and less even if we win because if you can't have a laugh and a joke and enjoy watching the game then i don't think there is much point.
i was digusted with the canvey fans with the amount of abuse they were giving one fan on saturday all the were trying to do in my opinion is create a bit of atmosphere.(another thing we lack).

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
you having a laugh?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
For the first time in my life I was disgusted to be a Gravesend fan on Monday night. My fellow 'supporters' behaved like hooligans to a young lad who, admittedly, was wearing a Canvey scarf. The lad was simply enjoying the game at our expense but the language directed to him made me sick to my stomach.<p>On the strength of that alone, I hope Canvey win the league as I have found their banter, both at Park Lane and on this board, both good humoured and clean.<p>Norman<p>Actually, that message above is a load of old cobblers, posted by me, Merv CIFC. But see how easy it is for idiots to come onto the board, pretend to be someone they're not (from an opposing club) and stir up all sorts of trouble. This board has so many good threads and the crack between CI and G&N and CI and BTFC (both) is usually terrific. The underlying strength is that so many of those posting have the abiltiy to take the p**s out of each other but, more importantly, out of themselves.<p>Let's stop these stupid anonymous postings that actually say very little, but have enormous potential to stir things up between several groups of terrific supportser.<p>Merv CIFC

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
that old cobblers how you put is how i feel.
that is my point when something is said about canvey you take it personally if i want to put a message on am i not allowed to just because i don't say all good things about them then its another club trying to cause trouble, Well i am a canvey fan and you can come to my house and i will show all the programmes i have.
like i say sometimesyou need look at things in a different way.
abusing players/fans is not support.
everyone is allowed to have a say...

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
ok , where do u live , il come round , maybe you could put a spot of dinner together aswell ?

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
Emma, where are you? Someone is trying to use our board as a dating agency again.<p>Merv CIFC

offline Wilf

Wilf
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Good question, Merv.
In fact a much better contribution to this string than any of the other unregistered drivel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus