Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island FC 2012/13 Squad

Matt H

On the eve of the new season we can now see how our 2012/13 first team squad is finalising. I'm confident that there are a couple of players who could step up from our Reserves if required this season too.

Steve Tilson - New Manager

Craig Davidson - New Assistant Manager

Andre Foster

Ashlee Jones - New Signing from Braintree Town

Ashley Dumas

Ashley Miller - New Signing from Concord Rangers.

Rickie Hayles - New Signing from AFC Hornchurch

Robbie Blackwell - New Signing from Billericay Town

Richard Orlu - New Signing from Farnborough

Leon Gordon

Rob King

Dean Mason

Matt Game

Kevin Dobinson

Mitchell Gilbey

Ryan Edgar - New Signing from Brentwood Town

James Hawes - New Signing from Billericay Town

Jay Curran

Danny Heale

Bradley Woods-Garness - New Signing from Sutton Utd

Eddie Hart - New Signing from Redbridge

Edited by Matt H

Is Glenn staying as manager surely new and existing players will want to know i would of thought we would of known by now what was going on

I see on Twitter tonight that Michael Alaile has confirmed his depature from Canvey to join Margate.

We are looking rather sparse in defence at the moment.

Edited by Matt H

looks like it is going to be a totally different team that runs out next season!! hope glen hasn't converted leon gordon into a right back...

how much has our budget been affected this season??

Yes Michael, 'Big Mike' was very good for us last season. Spent most of the season at right back although I think he's more comfortable at centre back.

Mike used to travel to us with Wardy from Kent, and now that Wardy has left I wonder if this has had an impact on how he would get to us - I'm not sure if he drives?

I don't think budget is a reason why Russell and Alaile have left - one through stepping up a level and one possibly due to logistics. I know that John has been meeting with lots of players and this will continue over the coming weeks I'm sure - it's time like this we're lucky how much effort the man puts in. He's certainly having a positive impact in his 'Director of Football' role to bring the players in for Glen to manage.

Cheers.

Re-assuring-though i always wait for official confirmation of the 'move' ,especially when on twitter,as its an ideal opportunity for another club to step in at last moment with a better offer,especially over a protracted weekend period

'Big Mike ' is'nt actually that big is he. ?

6'0'' unless the 'Big' in Mike refers to other assets.

all the best for the new season up there in essex.

good season for you last i would have thought-may be difficult for you to repeat ?

The reason he's "Big Mike" is because he's built like a tank!!

He's told us he's joining you, but as you say, until it's signed I suppose there's always the possibility he could go elsewhere, although I'd be surprised.

We've lost a couple of our starting XI, although I have confidence in our GK replacement and if we can add some quality I think we can challenge for the playoffs again.

Yes Michael, 'Big Mike' was very good for us last season. Spent most of the season at right back although I think he's more comfortable at centre back.

Mike used to travel to us with Wardy from Kent, and now that Wardy has left I wonder if this has had an impact on how he would get to us - I'm not sure if he drives?

I don't think budget is a reason why Russell and Alaile have left - one through stepping up a level and one possibly due to logistics. I know that John has been meeting with lots of players and this will continue over the coming weeks I'm sure - it's time like this we're lucky how much effort the man puts in. He's certainly having a positive impact in his 'Director of Football' role to bring the players in for Glen to manage.

He does drive, and normally drove to training, which is why I'm surprised by this move!

Purely speculation but perhaps Michael was told he wouldn't be a first choice player for the coming season and thus opted to depart for more regular football?

After all, currently having only two centre-backs and one left back leaves us with a couple of squad positions to fill namely at right-back and at least two defenders as cover across the backline so I imagine we will have several new faces this coming season and particularly the new right-back will be first choice.