Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keeping It Clean

Why restrict it to the lower reaches of non league football? This is something that should be across the board. We attract loads of youngsters to Stag Meadow and the last thing we need is for the parents to be offended by shop floor language from players, officials and supporters. Sure, stuff is said in the heat of the moment but it is still not excusable. Whether anything comes of it is another question. Society has changed and continues to change. It is commonplace to walk down any road in any city, town and village and be confronted by profanities. What the Northern League are proposing is akin to the last rites being served on a dying person before the life support system is switched off. Too little, too late.

I heard LOTS of foul language coming from the benches of CCL Div 1 benches last year, also from players. This should be stamped out. The occasional swear word has to be accepted. Example a team lets a goal in the 90th min after being 1-0 up, a defender turns to another and says oh for f**ks sake ! thats human nature. What I don't like is players screaming expletives in the referees face like i've seen on a number of occasions, you know who you are !

Players and Managers take a look at yourselves and think yes I can tone it down for next season. The officials don't need to hear foul language neither do young kids watching on the sidelines.

I think our club has been a great role model in the CCL last year maybe some clubs will take note and learn from us.

To get rid of this is fairly simple, start at the top and start sending off Premier League superstard for foul and abusive language. This will soon trickle down to all leagues. Simples.

When you see the likes of Wayne Rooney swearing at the Referee is is pretty disgraceful and needs stamping out.

Edited by HKP

I heard LOTS of foul language coming from the benches of CCL Div 1 benches last year, also from players. This should be stamped out. The occasional swear word has to be accepted. Example a team lets a goal in the 90th min after being 1-0 up, a defender turns to another and says oh for f**ks sake ! thats human nature. What I don't like is players screaming expletives in the referees face like i've seen on a number of occasions, you know who you are !

Players and Managers take a look at yourselves and think yes I can tone it down for next season. The officials don't need to hear foul language neither do young kids watching on the sidelines.

I think our club has been a great role model in the CCL last year maybe some clubs will take note and learn from us.

HKP, it will be interesting to see if your team of 'vicars' keep the language down when things are not going so well and you start losing games!?! When things go wrong, tempers flare and people swear!!! Fact of life!

I agree GD, im not a good example need to be better, however it easier to be calm when your winning most weeks.

I agree GD, im not a good example need to be better, however it easier to be calm when your winning most weeks.

HKP, it will be interesting to see if your team of 'vicars' keep the language down when things are not going so well and you start losing games!?! When things go wrong, tempers flare and people swear!!! Fact of life!

If they start swearing and get sent off then there will have no sympanthy from me.

Our side is run on discipline and I wouldn't like to be a player on the end of our coach 'Big Fals' toungue if they were to be cautioned for swearing. In fact I would go as far to say that player wouldn't be picked for a while if he did.

So I would say when we hit our level and start losing as much as we are winning our discipline won't change.

I'm no saint, and I have cursed a few times when Gloucester have screwed up on the field.

However, when Hyde visited us last season, I was sickened by a portion of their fans (15-20) shouting 'c--t' when being sat next to young children. One fan told them to pack it in, only for one of the morons to reply 'I'll kill you outside, who do you think you are!'

Very sad, as most of their fans (especially the young ones) were well behaved.

Our side is run on discipline and I wouldn't like to be a player on the end of our coach 'Big Fals' toungue if they were to be cautioned for swearing. In fact I would go as far to say that player wouldn't be picked for a while if he did.

So I would say when we hit our level and start losing as much as we are winning our discipline won't change.

GD, The CC Prem League is quicker, with better players and it will be a lot more physical, I hope you do keep your discipline? The proof will be at the end of season awards when you collect the Fair Play League Award!!!

Oh dear is somebody in for a rude awakening or what,let me just apologise to all of you Guernsey fans for our disgusting use of the English language and our goading and often sh1t banter its something we've been doing for the last 30 years in this league (its had umpteen names ) so as I say I make this apology and hope we don't offend you all to much.

You can't legislate for the use of expletives used in heated moments during the match. I think this is to be expected at times and we've probably all been guilty. What is much more offensive is the apparently unthinking and routine use of certain words as if they're just another punctuation sign. This shows a contempt for language generally which I suppose you're entitled to have if that's how you are but it also shows contempt for anyone in hearing range. I don't think that's acceptable in a public place any more than opening your flies and taking a piss.

• 2 weeks later...

GD, The CC Prem League is quicker, with better players and it will be a lot more physical, I hope you do keep your discipline? The proof will be at the end of season awards when you collect the Fair Play League Award!!!

We have just collected this years fair play award and I will be shocked and disappointed if we don't win it this season as well.

Again Donkey has been proved right....