Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENGLAND

Wales are 35th or something - that'll soon change (as will England's ranking) when the World Cup Qualifying takes place...

• 1 year later...

What's the view on Roy Hodgson's half time comment during the England v Poland game last week about NASA sending a monkey and a human into space in a rocket to illustrate the need for England players to get the ball up to Andros Townsend as quickly as possible. I thought it was the perfect illustration but unfortunately very few, if any, of the 'un-educated' England players had heard of the joke and Hodgson might have realised that, he was just a bit naive, nothing more nothing less:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465550/Roy-Hodgson-apologises-feed-monkey-joke.html

I think that when the grass-roots is suffering, the Home Nations aren't producing enough good quality footballers, clubs are being shafted by crooked owners (or having their histories destroyed) and bureaucracy is driving club personnel around the bend....

...the last thing we need to be debating is 'so-called racism'  Quite frankly, some people (Heather Labbatts) need to grow up and realise that their agenda matters not one jot.  Football is f*cked up, and all they can think about is themselves and shouting out 'racism' when they can't get their way.

Hodgson should have known better really with his vast experience at Club and International level

The sensationalist media are, once again, trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Was Andros Townsend offended?  No, he wasn't - he even laughed at the joke.

This country is getting far too soft - you can't say anything for fear of upsetting people.  The state-owned muppets have destroyed this country with their politically correct bullsh*t.

I think there's also an agenda with some of the tabloid rags to oust Roy before the World Cup.

We are all racists,which is fine by me if every other race in the world admits they are they same !!

Let's face it , white,black,brown,European ,Asian, Caribbean,African,American,they would all rather live amongst their own, it's inherent in human nature

I think there's also an agenda with some of the tabloid rags to oust Roy before the World Cup

So Harry can possibly come in at the eleventh hour you mean

Maybe, Rhodes.  There certainly is that angle.

The media will build up and destroy any England manager though - even if Jose Mourinho was the manager of England, they'd have the knives out for him.

Quite right, Adam.

The press will print anything that sells papers and makes their share-holders even more dosh !

Why didn't the men in suits at the FA just give the job to Harry Redknapp rather than taking the safe option of Roy Hodgson, we certainly wouldn't have struggled to qualify for the World Cup and would have qualified well before the Moldova and Poland games

Redknapp couldn't possibly take the pay cut. There's no transfer deals at International level.

Edited by Loose

The same reason as the suits chose Ron Greenwood over Brian Clough, Rhodes.

That said, I wanted Alan Pardew for the England job at the time.  I didn't personally want either Roy Hodgson (a good manager but one that won't rock the boat at FA HQ) or Harry Redknapp (I'm surprised he hasn't taken the England team into administration) but Roy's not done too bad - he just seems too nice to be an international manager.

Cant stand the man, he got rid of my son in law when he was at West Ham.

Well he's not someone I'd trust Alan, obviously there are certain things you hear and you have to be careful what you say but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the FA would be terrified of appointing such a character in the event that certain things come to light further down the line. It would be a media feeding frenzy at complete odds with the most they can get Hodgson for is telling a slightly un-pc story. 

Well he's not someone I'd trust Alan

Yes but you wouldn't trust your own Grandmother would you, there's no harm in the Redknapp's and Venables's of this World despite their Arthur Daley image

Yes but you wouldn't trust your own Grandmother would you, there's no harm in the Redknapp's and Venables's of this World despite their Arthur Daley image

Rhodesly - There's no smoke without fire is there? I don't know why you'd bring my grandmother into it. All of my Grandparents are long dead btw so perhaps you don't realise how offensive you are being but then, that's your usual style.

Honestly Rhodesly, if I said it was day, you'd say it was night so why don't you just talk to yourself as per usual and allow the grown-ups to have a decent discussion for a change eh?