Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey's New Manager?

Matt H

With the current vacancy apparently well applied for, who do we as fans think would be a suitable candidate? Do you think the Club will approach someone from another club, or will we appoint someone who is currently a free agent and can dive right in? Should the new Manager have any past links to CIFC, or like Glen Alzapiedi be brought in from the outside to give a fresh approach?

Steve Tilson and Julian Dicks have had their names banded about quite a lot as obvious choices, both were seen at Park Lane together towards the end of last season after Jeff King announced his return to the Club, but who else could equally do the job? (I'm imagining that Tilson would be out of our price range, although I would love to see the reaction of Southend Utd fans if we appointed him and Paul Brush as our management team!)

I think more importantly , how many players will be left, if as Glen said in the

interview the teams morale was hit when things happened in the changing room.

Remember: one man doesn't make a team , but one man can break it.

Lets hope for a positive outcome, but I fear there may be more to come from this.

I think there will be inevitable player movement - how much of this would have happened anyway, who can say. I hope those who want to stay do, because I still think this can be a big season for the club. I agree that one man doesn't make a team, but in regards to putting the ball in the net, a player of BWG's ability has been the difference in the past two seasons of getting into the playoffs or not. Let's hope that things go smoothly this time around.

As for the manager, all I hope is that whoever comes in makes the role his own, as I don't think the situation with Glen previously was right for all involved. This means getting someone with their own contacts in the game and the ability to spot a player when they see one, neither of which were Glen's strong points by the sound of things.

It's a shame that Glens gone, but these things happen. Is Bradley Woods-Garness back at Canvey F.C then? I recon Jullian Dicks or Chennery?...... Or would Tilson really come to Canvey? Would he get paid enough? :)

Hopefully this is finally a title winning season!!! Come on you GULLS!!!!! :D

Edited by Wickford-Gull

Yep my bad. I was given incorrect information. Tilly to be CIFC manager!! :D

If you take Twitter as gospel and read between the lines, it may appear that Danny Curran has also stepped down from the coaching team. Like Glen says, chances are this would've happened anyway as whoever comes in will no doubt want to appoint their own assistant.

I would not be surprised at all to see Ben Chenery in the setup somewhere and as much as I think it would be great to see Tilson back in some role at the Club, I personally would like to see someone who has no previous ties with CIFC like Hakan Hayrettin or Justin Edinburgh if either were club free.

can somebody tell me if what i am hearing is true ...... Easterford gone sheean gone and possibly one other??

doesn't seem to be much info coming from the club.

I think the club's first priority, and rightly so, is appointing a new manager! I'm sure once they've done that, any player movement will also announced.

Not sure about Sheehan, but from what I've seen on the likes of Facebook and Twitter, Easterford and Hallett could we be true.

That said, if James Colasanti's tweets are anything to go by and we have three top candidates for the job with one of them being a front runner, they maybe contacting players already on the proviso of getting the job.

If Sheehan and Easterford have departed, I would not at all be surprised that it maybe down to something like the Club already having replacements lined up by Batchy. Remember, Glen said he was looking for two defenders as cover. Perhaps, believe it or not, those new "cover" defenders might be able to command a starting place in their own right.

One way or the other, I think this coming week is going to be rather exciting on the news front ahead of next weeks game at Bowers.

Tilly would be a good appointment, but there could be other good candidates as well. Would Rod Stringer fancy another season of travelling in the Blue Square North with Bishops Stortford ? His record at all levels of non-league is outstanding. Then there are unproven coaches like Danny Bailey, who's been winning Step 7 leagues with youngsters from his academy & then seeing these lads progress through the pyramid & even to the extent where 3 played in the Premiership last year & a further 3 or 4 played in the football league. Get some of those lads on contract & you could find yourself getting some nice fees for players !

Apparantly Steve Tilson took training today,not something you do unless you've been promised the gig

I believe Tilly has helped out several Clubs with training sessions over the last season or so. The bloke just loves the game and is desperate to keep his hand in and build his own expereience and reputation back up.

Also, without going into details, thinking that all of the players who have left have done so because of BWG coming back is wide of the mark - some started their negotiations before last Tuesday when Glen was still manager.

Disappointed to see Easterford go, I think he could well have been an integeral part of the team this season.

Since we are apparently gunning for promotion though, the others I'm not too sad to see leave. They're top blokes who have all played key parts in the team, but for a title chasing team I feel they blew a bit too hot, cold last season, particularly under Batchy.

Thanks though lads, you've all been great servants to the Club.

Apparantly Steve Tilson took training today,not something you do unless you've been promised the gig

I heard a few rumours re: Steve Tilson to link up with Mr King.

He would have a clause to release him should a club come in for him/Or he apply for a job for any club who is Blue Square Premier upwards.