Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BRENTWOOD 1 HORNCHURCH 0

Dagger03

Wednesday 18-July-2012

BRENTWOOD 1 HORNCHURCH 0

Scorer Frank Williams 78

HFC - FH - Joe Wooley - Les Thompson - Reiss Noel - Paul Goodacre - Joe Anderson - Jon Hunt - Frankie Curley - Andy Tomlinson - Fola Orilonishe - Leon McKenzie - Lewis Smith

SH - Joe Wooley (Tim Patten 79) - James Love - Elliot Styles - Simon Glover - Alex Bentley (Andy Tomlinson 69) - Les Thompson (Hayes Thomas 65) - Joe May - Ian Daly - Jack Pallen - Martin Tuohy - Fola Orilonishe

Hornchurch dominated the first half, forcing several corners, though they were confined to just two shots at goal, when a Lewis Smith drive from the edge of the area was deflected for a corner, whilst Fola Orilonishe went close after a good run along the right wing.

In defence Paul Goodacre and Reiss Noel made certain that Joe Wooley had next to nothing to deal with.

A different line up appeared for the second half, and Hornchurch continued to dominate, and Elliot Styles went close with a header from Fola Orilonishe's corner. Alex Bentley made two penetrating runs from the left back position, but twisted his ankle and was replaced by Andy Tomlinson. Shortly afterwards Hayes Thomas needed a long spell of treatment before being able to continue.

Orilonishe made a spectacular fifty yard run through the home defence which ended with a mistimed shot which went wide, and Brentwood survived more inswinging corners from Orilonishe before Hornchurch were caught open on the right, allowing FRANK WILLIAMS to to run on and glide the ball home for the only goal of the match.

Knew it was going to be a bad night when the old guy on the gate asked me if I wanted a concession,

And he was serious.

Goodacre looked solid at the back and a threat in the box from corners.

Boris looked fast down the wing.

I saw boris for a few seconds before he was dumped on the sidelines by a rash tackle

Good to get our pre season started and not falling behind like a couple of others in the league have,as I think 3 teams have still yet to play a friendly due to the weather

Archived