Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Langford in the FA Cup

Is it at Wembley or Langford? Not that it matters actually, physically impossible to get from either back to Leighton in time for our game!

I hope Wembley win.

I went to watch Wembley play Hendon in a pre-season game this pre-season it was the first time i have been to Vale Farm in twenty years and the ground has changed a lot. I really liked the ground it has bags of character and the Wembley people were a nice bunch also they have a brand new clubhouse. I hear that the Wembley players have really enjoyed training with the ex pro's.

A report from another Forum, at least Langford had their day in the sun:

Wembley 3 Langford 2 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, att: 412 , admission £6, glossy programme £1.50

I was pretty sceptical about the star players and El Tel joining Wembley for the FA Cup but I went along to give it a go. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

ESPN gave it the full monty, although the media cameramen weren't to my liking. They were everywhere. The clubhouse was vastly improved since my last visit, although the petite young barmaid was confused over my request for a light and bitter. The FA Cup was on display and people could have their photo taken with it, which was a nice touch.

Venables and Seaman looked out as their team warmed up getting plenty of attention.

Wembley started with Graham Le Saux (classy but predictably lacking pace), Brian McBride (in decent nick), Claudia Caniggia (what a first touch) and Ray Parlour (about as fit as me). Martin Keown was named as a substitute. At least they all turned up, which I had wondered about before hand having been let down many times in my youth as star attractions failed to show for the Scarborough Cricket Festival.

Caniggia scored from a defensive slip with aplomb after a scrappy start where Wembley played like the strangers they were. Langford had their moments and equalised to the delight of their fifty or so fans, and I suspect plenty of neutrals. The Lions went up the other end and regained their lead with a good finish from man of the match Daryl Atkins. He looked a real quality act and Ian Bates also had an excellent game for the home side.

Excellent catering at Vale Farm run by an older couple. Just £1.75 for a cheeseburger is excellent value in my book.

After the break Langford had what I thought was a good call for a penalty turned down. The inevitable happened as Wembley went straight up the other end for Atkins to make it 3-1. The visitors were determined to make a real game of it and pulled another one back. They could have equalised when a great run and shot came back off the post. Some at the ground reckon the ball went in. I'll review it later when I watch the game back.

Only McBride lasted the 90 minutes of the celebs. I'm amazed Parlour managed as long as he did. His face was nearly as red as his shirt. The ref pulled up with an injury as did several players as what generally happens when you want to get away in a hurry. Met a couple of fans heading to Hanwell at full time.

A report from another Forum, at least Langford had their day in the sun:

Wembley 3 Langford 2 FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, att: 412 , admission £6, glossy programme £1.50

I was pretty sceptical about the star players and El Tel joining Wembley for the FA Cup but I went along to give it a go. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

ESPN gave it the full monty, although the media cameramen weren't to my liking. They were everywhere. The clubhouse was vastly improved since my last visit, although the petite young barmaid was confused over my request for a light and bitter. The FA Cup was on display and people could have their photo taken with it, which was a nice touch.

Venables and Seaman looked out as their team warmed up getting plenty of attention.

Wembley started with Graham Le Saux (classy but predictably lacking pace), Brian McBride (in decent nick), Claudia Caniggia (what a first touch) and Ray Parlour (about as fit as me). Martin Keown was named as a substitute. At least they all turned up, which I had wondered about before hand having been let down many times in my youth as star attractions failed to show for the Scarborough Cricket Festival.

Caniggia scored from a defensive slip with aplomb after a scrappy start where Wembley played like the strangers they were. Langford had their moments and equalised to the delight of their fifty or so fans, and I suspect plenty of neutrals. The Lions went up the other end and regained their lead with a good finish from man of the match Daryl Atkins. He looked a real quality act and Ian Bates also had an excellent game for the home side.

Excellent catering at Vale Farm run by an older couple. Just £1.75 for a cheeseburger is excellent value in my book.

After the break Langford had what I thought was a good call for a penalty turned down. The inevitable happened as Wembley went straight up the other end for Atkins to make it 3-1. The visitors were determined to make a real game of it and pulled another one back. They could have equalised when a great run and shot came back off the post. Some at the ground reckon the ball went in. I'll review it later when I watch the game back.

Only McBride lasted the 90 minutes of the celebs. I'm amazed Parlour managed as long as he did. His face was nearly as red as his shirt. The ref pulled up with an injury as did several players as what generally happens when you want to get away in a hurry. Met a couple of fans heading to Hanwell at full time.

I know who they are as i spoke to them at the Hanwell Town game ;)

Uxbridge must be rubbing their hands as they entertain Wembley in the next round