Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 14th/15th August

2-3 Ampthill Town v Dunstable Town

The Dunstable Town report

http://www.dunstable...350037d00085470

Edited by Karen Browne

Good report from town , it was a great game and for ampthills first prem game a draw may of been a fair result . But if you make mistakes at this level you will be made to pay the price . It will be good to see ampthill when they have first team Players back , I hear Mckenzie and Hughes will be back this week and cooksley . Then Steph and alvin to follow in a couple of weeks .

Went to the Cockfosters v Southall game. Both teams seemed to cancel each other out with Southall packing the midfield and cockfosters finding it hard to break them down. Both teams looked quite strong in defence. Southall hit a post. Cockfosters missed an open goal. That's about it.

The st mags vs kings Langley game was a good game for the neutral. KL playing some good football but found it hard to break st mags but when they did they found a keeper on top form. 2 goals from st mags were good goals the third was top draw.

KL made a real go of it and with 10mins to go they got a goal back making it 3-2 and really pushed for the third which just never came.

KL will do well this season if they played as they did last night and St Mags will give the top clubs a real run for their money.

St Mags will give the top clubs a real run for their money.

They usually do!

Gonna be a tough league with lots of teams capable of beating anyone on their day.

Match highlights of the Cockfosters v Southall game. Worth watching for Southall's shot against the post from 1min 14secs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MGoUTemr7U&feature=youtu.be

Great stuff coldend!

PREMIER DIVISION

1-5 Holmer Green v Hadley

A report on this one from another Forum:

Spartan South Midlands Premier Div

Holmer Green 1-5 Hadley

Adm £5 inc free prog

A lovely evening with a fine sunset greatly outstripping the quality of the game. Too many mistakes, fouls and endless whining in the first half. Decorating the inside of the dugouts with the words Please Do Not Swear was clearly a forlorn hope. Even early in the second half I was fully expecting this to end goalless given the quality and comprehensiveness of the misses I'd seen, interspersed with one or two fine saves.

Then another long ball went into the HG box, ab out three or four boots went up to meet it and a Hadley foot poked it up and over the on-rushing keeper. Shortly after that head tennis made a Hadley second. A deep corner to the far post was headed out to the D, this was headed back to a lad on the near post and he obliged by heading it past the keeper form a couple of yards out.

After this Hadley found their passes a bit more and two neat moves cut open the admittedly tiring home defence to make it 4-0. They then switched off briefly as within a couple of minutes later a drive acorss goal went in at the far post for 4-1. HG then returned the favour by sleeping at the restart to quickly allow Hadley to cut through them again for the last goal of the game.

The incessant whining from both teams meant I didn't really want either team to win though Hadley were probably the better over the 90 minutes. 5-1 though flattered both them and the game.

Programmes are normally £1 but this was just a 4 pager issued in the absence of the club secretary/programme writer who is still on holiday, hence given away free. About 50 there and probably the majority supporting the visitors judging by the cheer when the breakthrough came, and the subsequent Hadley goals.

Tuesday 14th August

PREMIER DIVISION

2-3 Ampthill Town v Dunstable Town

A report on this one from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Ampthill Town 2-3 Dunstable Town

Admission £6.00 Cheeseburger & coffee £2.90 Attendance 100 (seemed a few fewer)

Some folded sheets of A4 with a coloured cover and a few words in them £1.00

With two wins out of two and some clubs yet to even start their fixtures, the Blues are now lording it over the rest of the division, so don't bet against them returning to Step 4.

Hadn't done this ground before, usually because someone else in the locality was at home. However, with the only viable alternative being Winslow, which I did consider, I bit the bullet and made my Ampthill debut.

Entrance to car park is very well hidden and easily missable amongst the forest - probably best to approach from the town itself, rather than come in from the A507. No cover, apart from the stand which only has two or three rows of seats, but adequate for the level of support they get. Excellent and very juicy cheeseburger, although not quite up to Langford standard. Unfortunately, the programme is a rip-off; 16 pages and virtually no notes/welcome/editorial and a large chunk of Dunstable's history missing. Plus a few groups of "boyz" who, in fairness, may have been reserve/unselected players. Either way, I kept my distance.

To sum up - I'll probably visit again, but only if no-one else is playing.

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 0 Hertford Town 1 (Asare-Bediako 9 mins)

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 1 Hertford Town 1 (14 mins)

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 2 Hertford Town 1 (19 mins)

Edited by Karen Browne

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 2 Hertford Town 2 (Healey 77 mins)

GOAL: Aylesbury United 1 Stotfold 0 (Garcia 83 mins)

GOAL: Aylesbury United 2 Stotfold 0 (Cooper 90 mins)

Edited by Karen Browne

Results

AFC Dunstable 2 Hertford Town 2

Aylesbury United 2 Stotfold 0

Welwyn Garden City 0 London Lions 3

Edited by Karen Browne

Wednesday 15th August

PREMIER DIVISION

2-2 AFC Dunstable v Hertford Town

2-0 Aylesbury United v Stotfold

DIVISION ONE

0-2 Crawley Green v Harpenden Town

0-3 Welwyn Garden City v London Lions

Wednesday 15th August

PREMIER DIVISION

2-2 AFC Dunstable v Hertford Town

:blink:

Unfortunately, the programme is a rip-off; 16 pages and virtually no notes/welcome/editorial and a large chunk of Dunstable's history missing

Tut, tut

Unfortunately, the programme is a rip-off; 16 pages and virtually no notes/welcome/editorial and a large chunk of Dunstable's history missing

Tut, tut

Indeed they should have plagiarised and just copied someone else's err I don't know....erm, how about Hoddesdons for instance then pass it off as their own........

Edited by Winslow Boy