Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex Player watch

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if Scott Todd, man of many clubs (the local version of our hero, Steve Claridge) is still at Guildford City? If so, another former Tangerine we can look forward to welcoming to the RPS this season.

Also, anyone know the name of the person quoted on the Guernsey Forum following their 5-2 win over Bedfont Sports, as being a foul-mouthed, fat, bald bloke shouting obscenities? I guessed the answer in 5 seconds. Can you?

Edited by Keith B

Anyone know if Scott Todd, man of many clubs (the local version of our hero, Steve Claridge) is still at Guildford City? If so, another former Tangerine we can look forward to welcoming to the RPS this season.

He must be dual registered if he is, as he played for Dorking last weekend vs Bedfont Sports. He wasn't there on Tuesday though at Badshot Lea. Not sure about yesterday.

Saw Jermain McGlashan playing for Cheltenham against Exeter this afternoon... Have to say he looks pretty decent at league level and was one of the better players on the pitch

Edited by kevchenko

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More ex-management watch than ex-player watch, this one.

John Warrington is reserve team manager at Bedfont Town FC (courtesy his Facebook page - no not spotted by me, I use FaceAche).

Edited by Keith B

The best part of Tuesday night at Hanworth Villa was bumping into Gary Cambridge, who joined us in 1994 and captained us to most of our five Combined Counties League titles. Lovely bloke, great defender, inspirational captain. Once at the annual awards night Gary gave me his championship tankard, saying I deserved it more than him for my efforts on the terraces. Proud to say I've still got that tankard some 15 years later.

Interesting to hear of Swifty's meeting with Gary Cambridge. I can recall him as a nice lad, but cannot say I knew him, it being just a few months after me and my (then) young lads started coming down to Short Lane in 2000, and before they became "official" ball boys in return for the generous Mars Bar and bottles of Coke (thanks, Ian Mess & Alan C) .

Got me thinking, though.

Whatever happened to Dave Kent and that acid tongue of his that prompted me to take my lads to the opposite side of the ground to avoid them picking up certain inappropriate language?

I believe Dave retired from football after leaving us and he dotes on his family. I bumped into him at Ashford station a couple of years back, and he stil had the "Chubby Brown" language but also broke into a smile during the conversation, which was quite pleasant.

Edited by Swifty

From ex-Player to ex-Management watch to ex-Backroom staff watch. Congrats to Joe Burgess on passing his driving test - Paul it gets costly from now on!

Just learned from Liam that the Daily Mirror is doing a piece on apprenticeships and have left a call with Liam to return. I've asked him to mention his roots (literally) when Bob P gave him the chance to work at Ashford, as mentioned in a different thread.

Could be a chance for ATFC to get a mention in a national daily, but I'll alert you if it happens. Liam's first full-time paid employment was with Kingston Garden Services at Whitton before becoming Grounds Person in November at the University of Surrey at Guildford, where he still is and enjoys, despite the 50 mile round trip daily.

I like to think that it may not have happened, but for our Club and the support of people like Bob P, Alan C, Dave Walsh, Danny Brett, and - of course- Ernie.

Thank you, all.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Jamie Lawrence is now playing Ryman South for Tootung & Mitcham along with Anthony Joeseph and Tyrone Berry.

Scott Todd scored for Guildford on Saturday.

SBF

What happend to these Ashford Town players.

Vinnie O'Sullivan ?

Paul Johnson ?

Gavin Smith ?

Scott Harris ?

Matt Baxter ?

Also why they left Ashford Town FC if you know.

Thanks for any info.

Vinny is playing Sunday football

Jonno is at spelthorne

Gavin and Scott are at Godalming I think and

Matt is at Lammas

They left for various reasons as most non league footballers do.

Did I see you ex manager Tommy Williamson is at Carshalton?