Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex Player watch

Brett Johnson is now at Woking and scored in today's game in the second minute against Lincoln City.

Be nice to see him back at the RPS one day.

Yes, but....Brett refused / declined a contract as Ashford, so we didn't get a penny when he moved onwards and upwards.

Picking up a previous report, today's Middlesex Chronicle (Feltham, Bedfont & Hanworth version) has a picture article (page 49) about John Warrington's Bedfont Town Reserves team being assisted to a 5-0 win over Godalming & Farncombe Reserves by John's son and grandson who bagged three goals between them.

The three people concerned are shown posing for the camera, all smiles.

Didn't Vladivar (vodka) get linked with Warrington in adverts some years ago? If so, did we get a few free cases, or were these diverted on their way down the M6/M42/M40/M25/A30?

Edited by Keith B

I think you will find KB, that this thread is about ex players.

No doubt John Warrington is telling people he played for us by now!

I have it on excellent authority that despite what he put to our committee when applying for our vacant managers job he has never played football for Brentford at any level and the other " clubs" in his CV have never heard of him either. The way he used to kick the ball onto the pitch would tell anyone involved in football that he has never played the game at any respectable level. I am surprised the papers are bothering with park football. Reserve park football at that! I wonder if Doug White realises what a complete lying prick he has involved with his young club.

Dan -

understood, I just knew it would draw comment given the bitterness of that past era, and a certain individual (stir, stir).

As an aside on the player front, I think Cambridge (Craig Ross) are playing Woking (Brett Johnson) tomorrow in the Conference. I don't think they were at Ashford during the same period, but I'll be watching that result with more than the usual interest.

I think the two lads concerned were signed during the managerial stints of Mark Butler and Nathan respectively, but correct me if I am wrong. Our list of players progressing after Ashford is one to be proud of.

Edited by Keith B