Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NEED TO GROW UP ON HERE A BIT

Doorknob

Seems like a new trend that when people start a topic on here they are instantly made to feel like a fool. Why is it??

I agree with you there I posted a topic which I thought might interest people then I get a barrage of abuse ! And if I get abuse you are going to get it back !

This forum is becoming a joke you can't say anything without getting your head bitten off !

There does seems to be a huge amount of one upmanship on this forum which distracts from some interesting posts.

Another annoyance I find is the spelling police i admit text speak is frustrating and should be pointed out but just because someone can't spell something 100% correctly they shouldn't be ridiculed.

Dont get me wrong DK I agree with you too some extent but I believe abit of bitchiness here and there is what makes this forum appealing to read. Otherwise we just be reading pointless crap like about Guernseys hospital. I think it's good too some degree.

I agree with you there I posted a topic which I thought might interest people then I get a barrage of abuse ! And if I get abuse you are going to get it back !

This forum is becoming a joke you can't say anything without getting your head bitten off !

Read the first post i put in no way was i out of order i even poked fun at myself then the petty argument started through your reply

I dont usually get in petty disputes but it was a personal attack dk an everything after is honest or a fact

Dont get me wrong DK I agree with you too some extent but I believe abit of bitchiness here and there is what makes this forum appealing to read. Otherwise we just be reading pointless crap like about Guernseys hospital. I think it's good too some degree.

4-5-1 I agree that a bit is fine but certain forumites dont know anything better. THIS IS MY POINT!!

If our hospital is so pointless next time you are over here and have a broken leg or an umbrella lodged up your bottom I won't take you there !

Only joking of course I will !

Maybe if Newby had an umbrella lodged up there I might open it up first ! But I'd still take the old mucker there !

Read the first post i put in no way was i out of order i even poked fun at myself then the petty argument started through your reply

I dont usually get in petty disputes but it was a personal attack dk an everything after is honest or a fact

Oh FFS I give up.

Whilst I agree and like other forunites opinions, the forum becomes a little serious and somewhat boring.

There has to be room for good fun banter within reason, but to stop this would make it a boring forum, so a mixture of the two is needed in my opinion.

NG - Probably your most sensible post ever

the spelling bit is a bit of fun, its banter. You cant take the piss out of a guy because of the shirt hes wearing online like you might down the pub, so the spelling comes into it.

To be honest I dont mind most of the errors, it is only a forum but "should of" really annoys me for some reason every time!

The personal battles are very off putting for the non combatants, especially when its only two of them.

Part of the fun is the fishing, many know they only have to post a tiny bit of bait and the whales start biting.

the spelling bit is a bit of fun, its banter. You cant take the piss out of a guy because of the shirt hes wearing online like you might down the pub, so the spelling comes into it.

To be honest I dont mind most of the errors, it is only a forum but "should of" really annoys me for some reason every time!

The personal battles are very off putting for the non combatants, especially when its only two of them.

Part of the fun is the fishing, many know they only have to post a tiny bit of bait and the whales start biting.

I haven't got a clue which 2 you are on about ! ;-)

Don't you think the 'fishers' are just as bad as the people arguing ?

In my book they are worse because they are inciting bad comments and abuse on the forum.

So if you are posting purely to get a 'bite' maybe you need to grow up as well