Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 25th/26th September

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

0-1* Winslow United v Kentish Town

I wonder what time Kentish Town will get back to North London tonight with the game not finishing until well after 10.00

I wonder what time Kentish Town will get back to North London tonight with the game not finishing until well after 10.00

Well worth it having come away with a good win, fair play to them. We hit the woodwork three times apparently. Wouldn't have fancied an away trip to Lions anyway.

Winslow Boy you selling yourself short you hit the woodwork 4 times. Lovely ground and lovely frindly people.

That's very kind and appreciated. You must be pleased with the win makes the journey home easier, and it winds up Rhodes even better, his prejudice is that clear as even in a game against us who he has continually slandered for years he still takes a dig at you. I think we are slowly showing signs of improvement and clearly things are progressing for you which is great. Congrats on the win and good luck for the try of the season. Apart from the games against us of course ;-)

Ampthill 1-3 St Mags.

Rested a few last night plus still got a few injured, decent game at 1-1 until a massive decision by the Official who, surprise, surprise, was being assessed turned the game.....even the St Mags supporters who pleased with the win shared our view on how the game had been officiated.

Seems a common practice these days that most

Clubs suffer from individuals wanting to impress rather than using a little common sense.

Good luck anyway to St Mags in the next round of the competition.

Wednesday 26th September

(kick off times 7.45pm unless stated)

Southall v Cranfield United

Game in doubt.

Will try and keep the SSML forum updated today.

A bit of a strange question Mr Rhodes.

That's very kind and appreciated. You must be pleased with the win makes the journey home easier, and it winds up Rhodes even better, his prejudice is that clear as even in a game against us who he has continually slandered for years he still takes a dig at you. I think we are slowly showing signs of improvement and clearly things are progressing for you which is great. Congrats on the win and good luck for the try of the season. Apart from the games against us of course ;-)

Was at the game and your team is solid at the back you have the same problem we do which is up front, the game had nil nil written all over it. If both clubs can solve their striker problems then we should be both fine at the end of the season. You have a lovely ground with the right infrastructure and think that your club made the right decision to step up to division 1. With both clubs going through a transition period it will take time but I am sure we will both come out at the other end stronger. Good luck

Wednesday 26th September

Game in doubt.

keep me updated please trying to get off work early :thumbsup:

Ampthill 1-3 St Mags.

Rested a few last night plus still got a few injured, decent game at 1-1 until a massive decision by the Official who, surprise, surprise, was being assessed turned the game.....even the St Mags supporters who pleased with the win shared our view on how the game had been officiated.

Seems a common practice these days that most

Clubs suffer from individuals wanting to impress rather than using a little common sense.

Good luck anyway to St Mags in the next round of the competition.

But did the official get the decision right?

If he got it wrong then the Assessor would mark him down for it.

There are occasions when an official has an option as to what decision he makes and there are others when he has no option.

PTG....I'm not really into politically correct mumbo-jumbo, he was heard to say he was 100% it was a handball offence to which he then consults his Asst Ref.

The low angle the ball travelled and at the power it was hit there was absolutely no way the ball would have continued in the path it did had it struck the players arm, the player even showed him the mark on his thigh as to where the ball had hit.

PTG....he reacted to the obvious handball shout and brought it hook, line and sinker.

When both sets of supporters say he was wrong plus he didn't have the best of games you just hope the assessor sees it that way to.

Shame as it spoilt and up to then even contest

Wednesday 26th September

Game on at the moment.

PTG....I'm not really into politically correct mumbo-jumbo, he was heard to say he was 100% it was a handball offence to which he then consults his Asst Ref.

The low angle the ball travelled and at the power it was hit there was absolutely no way the ball would have continued in the path it did had it struck the players arm, the player even showed him the mark on his thigh as to where the ball had hit.

PTG....he reacted to the obvious handball shout and brought it hook, line and sinker.

When both sets of supporters say he was wrong plus he didn't have the best of games you just hope the assessor sees it that way to.

Shame as it spoilt and up to then even contest

As I have stated in my previous post, if he got it wrong then he would lose marks from the Assessor.

Most of he Assessors I have encountered on the SSML are very good at what they do so if an error has occurred then it is very likely it would have been picked up on it.

As I have stated in my previous post, if he got it wrong then he would lose marks from the Assessor.

Most of he Assessors I have encountered on the SSML are very good at what they do so if an error has occurred then it is very likely it would have been picked up on it.

Fair point PTG....but it doesn't change the result though, and at 1-1 who will ever know what the outcome would've been.

Guess it swings in roundabouts, some decisions you get, some you don't.

There are as has been said before some very good officials on the SSML, maybe next game we'll get a penalty coz the opposing player blew wind, you never know LOL

Fair point PTG....but it doesn't change the result though, and at 1-1 who will ever know what the outcome would've been.

Guess it swings in roundabouts, some decisions you get, some you don't.

There are as has been said before some very good officials on the SSML, maybe next game we'll get a penalty coz the opposing player blew wind, you never know LOL

Very true we are quick to bemoan and remember decisions "against" us but never think twice or remember decisions that go our way.

Wednesday 26th September

Game On.

bananatux.gif