Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 25th/26th September

Fair point PTG....but it doesn't change the result though, and at 1-1 who will ever know what the outcome would've been.

Guess it swings in roundabouts, some decisions you get, some you don't.

There are as has been said before some very good officials on the SSML, maybe next game we'll get a penalty coz the opposing player blew wind, you never know LOL

I'm sure Craig bicknell was not to bothered about this cup as he left out keeper Tom kennard , both centre backs Robbie goodman , dave murphey ,Anton Taylor , also no Hatley mercer , Kyle Durcan , lea coulter , Tyrone Taylor . But Taylor and coulter did come on in second half . St mags did play the exact same 11 as sat so must want a good cup run , at 1.1 with 7 mins to go I just can't believe the ref give that pen and sent the player off I've never seen anything like it . I'm sure if this was a league game bicknell would not of looked so happy after game with the ref . Just shows ampthill have a massive squad to leave out that many players and still compete with a good prem side .

St Mags have a pretty regular lower half table finish over last 5 seasons. Small club with bugger all dosh. They're an average prem side but hopefully on the up! COYBB

Not bad for someone who's played his whole career in goal and is blind in one eye! Hopefully I'll get to see the home league game at the Bury

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 0 Northwood 2 (66 mins)

LATEST: Aylesbury Reserves 2 Buckingham Athletic 2

MISSED PEN: AFC Dunstable goalkeeper Leggett saves Northwood penalty

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 0 Northwood 3 (87 mins)

Edited by Karen Browne

GOAL: AFC Dunstable 0 Northwood 2 (66 mins)

LATEST: Aylesbury Reserves 2 Buckingham Athletic 2

MISSED PEN: AFC Dunstable goalkeeper Leggett saves Northwood penalty

Phil Martin and an og athletics goals

Wednesday 26th September

FA CUP with Budweiser Second Round Qualifying Replay

0-3 AFC Dunstable v Northwood

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

2-3* Aylesbury Reserves v Buckingham Athletic

4-0 Southall v Cranfield United

1-5 Welwyn Garden City v Haringey Borough

Wednesday 26th September

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

4-0 Southall v Cranfield United

Southall deserved the win but Cranfield United gave them a game and played some good football.

K.Herbert scored two goals and played really well.

Wednesday 26th September

0-3 AFC Dunstable v Northwood

Great game of football, the players gave everything but the best team won. Northwood are a very good team but unfortunatley for us we missed great chances at crucial points in the game. We will be taking some valuable lessons from Northwood, both in terms of team ethics and tactically. Loved the experince also but back to league action Saturday.

Great game of football, the players gave everything but the best team won. Northwood are a very good team but unfortunatley for us we missed great chances at crucial points in the game. We will be taking some valuable lessons from Northwood, both in terms of team ethics and tactically. Loved the experince also but back to league action Saturday.

Unlucky mate. Well done a good run, took them to a replay. Should take a lot from that and hopefully into the league. Things still looking good especially after a tough summer losing players.

Unlucky mate. Well done a good run, took them to a replay. Should take a lot from that and hopefully into the league. Things still looking good especially after a tough summer losing players.

Thanks WB. On losing players Wayne Mills is leaving to you know who, money is too tempting, but we have 2 (maybe another shortly) quality players just signed this week. Mark Duckett and Dean Hitchcock, both from Hemel, and both decent guys both in the changing rooms and on the park.

Edited by smellynuts

That's what you need. Keep digging out those gems and the great youth set up will start producing soon. Our youth set up has expanded and looking strong for future plus some very exciting developments coming

Were you playing?

Only just seen this! You cheeky swine!!! My retort should really make reference to the standard of your officiating but a) I'm not that childish and B) you're not a bad official....

Curses!!!

That's what you need. Keep digging out those gems and the great youth set up will start producing soon. Our youth set up has expanded and looking strong for future plus some very exciting developments coming

Agree its the way to go and we now have 34 teams, mainly youth, associated with AFC. I didn't realise the benefits until recently but nice to see you are following a simular model, will be good to see you boys higher up the pyramid with the potential you have so good luck.

Agree its the way to go and we now have 34 teams, mainly youth, associated with AFC. I didn't realise the benefits until recently but nice to see you are following a simular model, will be good to see you boys higher up the pyramid with the potential you have so good luck.

Cheers mate. We will get there in time. Sprint not marathon and all that. Exceptional foundations being laid for the many years to come. Chartered status now and grants on their way. Within ten years would aim to be a top 6 prem side with successful youth sides and helping young players into league clubs like the Dons, Luton and Northampton etc.. I think that's the right way to go about it and if I get a serious contract or hit the euro of course I'll chuck money at it ;-)

Tuesday 25 September

1-4 Harefield United v South Park

A report and photos from a groundhoppers blog:

http://www.wycombewanderer.eu/

I'm sure Craig bicknell was not to bothered about this cup as he left out keeper Tom kennard , both centre backs Robbie goodman , dave murphey ,Anton Taylor , also no Hatley mercer , Kyle Durcan , lea coulter , Tyrone Taylor . But Taylor and coulter did come on in second half . St mags did play the exact same 11 as sat so must want a good cup run , at 1.1 with 7 mins to go I just can't believe the ref give that pen and sent the player off I've never seen anything like it . I'm sure if this was a league game bicknell would not of looked so happy after game with the ref . Just shows ampthill have a massive squad to leave out that many players and still compete with a good prem side .

Having played for Craig for nearly 10 years I'm pretty sure he wouldn't of been happy with the loss...craig loves a good cup run & so do the lads...st mags were a average side who should've been easily beaten by ampthill despite the injuries & fringe players gettin a run out...but hey ho thats football...good luck to them in the nxt round!