Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

John Terry Found Guilty - £220,000 Fine & Four Game Ban

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/four-match-ban-for-terry

Would not be surprised to see Terry quit the UK in the next transfer window TBH.

The FA obviously think they know better than the Court appointed Judges - surely this is grounds for contempt by them?

Terry was found not guilty of calling Anton Ferdinand a 'black c**t' by the courts, so why is he guilty according to the FA?

Ok, Terry might be a complete Muppet as a person, but he deserves to be treated the same as any human being in the eyes of the law. I cannot help but think that the FA have overstepped their authority here.

A bad day for the beautiful game IMHO.

Rightly or wrongly the rules of the FA are different to to English law. A good example is if an ordinary person gets caught with a small amount of so called recreational drug in their system they would normally expect either an official warning or at worse a relatively small fine. If a footballer gets caught with the same amount in their system they can expect a lengthy ban and an astronomical loss of earnings, because they are then a drug cheat, who destroys the whole ethos of sporting principles. `On the other hand, anyone that commits a vicious assault on a fellow human being will hopefully receive a long spell in prison, unless the assault is done on a football pitch where they would normally escape with a short ban.

I did think it strange that Luis Suarez got an eight match ban for a similar offence, and it will be interesting to hear what Liverppol FC have to say about JT only missing four games.

Hope your right about JT buggering off in January though, because his snarling aggressive and selfish approach to football, and life in general brings the game into disrepute and must be a massive turnoff for all but the Chelsea faithful.

Edited by missunderstood

I have heard, albeit from rumours and gossip on other football-related sites, that he might choose to end his career in the States like David Beckham. Wouldn't be surprised if Lampard joins him too.

Fair enough with that comment, Alan, it does make perfect sense.

I have heard, albeit from rumours and gossip on other football-related sites, that he might choose to end his career in the States like David Beckham. Wouldn't be surprised if Lampard joins him too.

Fair enough with that comment, Alan, it does make perfect sense.

The USA and JT seem a match made in heaven to me, would be amazed if Romfords favourite son joined him though.

I'm pretty sure that Terry won't take this lying down and will appeal, a good Mr Loophole might get him off and Terry will be prepared to pay top dollar

As already mentioned the burden of proof is different under FA rules than a court... As was proven in the Suarez case....

But once found guilty how can uttering the words FBC only be worth a 4 match ban? Suarez was found guilty by one persons word against another, here there was video evidence and he admitted saying it on court. Awful day for the FA. Awful day for kicking racism out of football.

Didnt the Judge in the Terry case, say he didn't really believe Terry's defence?

Edited by HKP

All's well that ends well then

Well yes, exactly, we're agreed for once

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, I didn't think you lived in the Garden of England anymore. You're certainly an odd bloke, that's all I can say!

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, I didn't think you lived in the Garden of England anymore. You're certainly an odd bloke, that's all I can say!

You've no idea how reassuring it is that you think so.

John Terry is a chav with to much cash and his brother is a fool aswell i have 0 respect for both of them. John Terry was one of the reasons i stopped watching boring England play.

Edited by Savagebee

Wasn't his Dad done for a rather serious drugs offence too?

Suarez was found guilty of using the word Negro, Terry FBC....

I remember that his brother Paul is persona non gratis in Rushden, after the death of their goalkeeper Dale Roberts.

You've no idea how reassuring it is that you think so

Loosely - So who's side are you actually on, the men, sorry, cowards in suits at the FA or John Terry, a model professional who bleeds red, white and blue

Loosely - So who's side are you actually on, the men, sorry, cowards in suits at the FA or John Terry, a model professional who bleeds red, white and blue

More questions Rhodesy? I don't recall seeing you answer any lately.

Oh Please.

Model professionals don't get themselves sent off in Champions League Semi-Finals for stupidly kneeing an opponent in the back, they don't charge for unofficial tours of Stamford Bridge or sub-let their Wembley box, which is against the rules. They don't shag their best mate's girlfriend (Ex or otherwise) whilst still married and they certainly don't repeat racist words on a football pitch, or anywhere else come to that.

In what way is he a model professional????

Edited by Hookey

Hookey - Like I said, Terry bleeds red white and blue and that's good enough for me unlike the FA who he has sweated that blood for on 78 occasions