Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

John Terry Found Guilty - £220,000 Fine & Four Game Ban

John Terry’s only heinous crime is being a man’s man, okay he’s a bit of a jack the lad but so what

John Terry’s only heinous crime is being a man’s man, okay he’s a bit of a jack the lad but so what

Oh I think you'll find the FA has found him guilty of more than that Rhodesy.

Still doesn't make him a "model" professional.

You obviously set your bar very low when judging model professionals.

Oh I think you'll find the FA has found him guilty of more than that Rhodesy.

That's exactly my point, how on earth can the 'men', for want of a more appropriate word, in suits at the FA find Terry guilty when he has been totally exonerated in a Court of law

That's exactly my point, how on earth can the 'men', for want of a more appropriate word, in suits at the FA find Terry guilty when he has been totally exonerated in a Court of law

Is that a question Rhodesy? You know, it's so hard to tell when you never use a question mark.

About the racism issue,think some of you should listen to John Barnes views on racism he has just aired on talksport,was quite a shock hearing his points of view but left me feeling like he was bang on with his assessment of it all,you can usually hear interviews on line a while after they are aired,he has also talked in depth to Oxford and Cambridge universities,London school of economics to name a few and seems well versed on it

About the racism issue,think some of you should listen to John Barnes views on racism he has just aired on talksport,was quite a shock hearing his points of view but left me feeling like he was bang on with his assessment of it all,you can usually hear interviews on line a while after they are aired,he has also talked in depth to Oxford and Cambridge universities,London school of economics to name a few and seems well versed on it

What was the gist?

Loosely - Well isn't that obvious, we all know what John Barnes is like when he gets going on racism!

Loosely - Well isn't that obvious, we all know what John Barnes is like when he gets going on racism!

More questions Rhodes?

If you don't mind I'll look forward to hearing from someone who actually knows if you don't mind?

The gist was that racism is a lot more than just calling someone a f..... B.... C... And while some comments by people like Ron Atkinson in the past are of an obvious racist nature,their behaviour towards others of a different race is often nowhere near racist,as he pointed out,some of Ron atkinsons best friends in football were black,the music he listens to would be black but because of one comment,he would always be known as a racist,when the truth is that although not a nice comment,it is something that would of been spoken in jest by millions of people as an off the cuff remark while with friends.

You really have to listen to the whole interview or find something on the net to actually hear what Barnes is saying

If someone calls someone else a black c**t, are they using the word black as an adjective/descriptive in the same way as calling someone short, fat, skinny, ginger, Irish and so on? Or are they using it as a racist term? Surely the really offensive word is c**t not black?

For the record I think Terry is scum but I do not believe he is racist, just guilty of using racially offensive words. This also seems to be what Messrs Barnes and Collymore believe.

Edited by Hookey

Don't we think that John Barnes is taking racism to extremes, he seems to have a chip on his shoulder from his playing days and is looking for 'pay back'. Looking back to the 70's and the so called Three Degrees amongst other black players, okay they took a lot of stick but also inspired a generation and paved the way for the etiquette we have now, I gather an imposing statue will be unveiled of Brendan Batson, Laurie Cunningham and Cyril Regis outside The Hawthorns in July 2014 which will mark the 25th anniversary of Cunningham's untimely death in a car crash.

I don't know for if JT is a racist or not,and to be honest I couldnt really care less one way or the other. What does concern me though is the hatred that exists between rival fans brought about by the tribalistic nature of football itself, and aided and abetted by an education system that fails to provide an adequate education in social skills and morality.

Hating someone they don't even know because they support a rival football club is no different to conventional racism, and until football sorts that problem out, and be a bit more like our Olympian and paralympic movement, who have showed us all that sport can be a force for good, then I believe our national game is in grave danger of going into a terminal decline.

It's a fair point Missunderstood,

I'm not keen on Terry for his off-field antics though.As England captain, he has a position of responsibility and has totally ignored that.

Same with Marlon King, Joey Barton etc, Not particularly good role models if truth be told - and I wonder how many clubs have bought other players out of trouble as well with clever lawyers.

The trouble is how do you change the mentality of idiots?

Is NLP the answer?