Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 2nd/3rd October

Strewth!! Fair play to Winslow. Hope that spurs you on for the rest of the season WB. Sounds like a real humdinger!

Strewth!! Fair play to Winslow. Hope that spurs you on for the rest of the season WB. Sounds like a real humdinger!

Sure did. Let's hope so. 6 pointer sat should have some new belief for that now.

Tuesday 2nd October

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

2-3 Berkhamsted v Aylesbury United

PREMIER DIVISION

2-1 Haringey Borough v Hadley

0-4 Leverstock Green v Dunstable Town

0-3 London Colney v Ampthill Town

6-0 Tring Athletic v Hertford Town

DUDLEY LATHAM MEMORIAL (PREMIER DIVISION) CUP First Round

0-2 Biggleswade United v Stotfold

1-4 Hanwell Town v St Margaretsbury

1-4 Hillingdon Borough v Colney Heath

5-2 Oxhey Jets v Holmer Green

DIVISION ONE

3-2 Bedford v Buckingham Athletic

0-4 Chesham United Reserves v Cockfosters

2-1 Langford v Stony Stratford Town

DIVISION ONE CUP First Round

1-1* Cranfield United v Amersham Town (Amersham Town won 3-0 on penalties)

1-2 New Bradwell St Peter v Kings Langley

4-4* Winslow United v Hoddesdon Town (Hoddesdon Town won 5-4 on penalties)

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

0-1 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Hadley Reserves

DIVISION ONE CUP First Round

4-4* Winslow United v Hoddesdon Town (Hoddesdon Town won 5-4 on penalties)

I expect Winslow United felt worse tonight than they did on Saturday, so near and yet so far!

I expect Winslow United felt worse tonight than they did on Saturday, so near and yet so far!

No not at all. Personally we better out of that cup to concentrate on league we matched one of the best sides in div for 120 mins we still have players to come back so we will get stronger and got plenty of belief from tonight to move forward. Surely you understand that? I know you don't know what it's actually like to play or coach so maybe you don't really understand.....

Sorry WB but I couldn't resist making a comment. For 2 seasons now I've heard we are missing players, we are under strength we have key players missing should be full strength soon. We all have problems. Just face it you were average last season and your worse this one. Sorry but face facts at the moment you're a div 2 side in div 1. And maybe not even that good.

Sorry WB but I couldn't resist making a comment. For 2 seasons now I've heard we are missing players, we are under strength we have key players missing should be full strength soon. We all have problems. Just face it you were average last season and your worse this one. Sorry but face facts at the moment you're a div 2 side in div 1. And maybe not even that good.

Don't remember saying that last season just said we weren't good enough. Before you come on giving it that mate I think out of everyone I'm very quick to be honest and admit weakness and I've said as much this season, that we would not even be mid table in div 2 currently. I've even gone as far to qualify when saying we have missed players that it probably wouldn't have changed final results. We were missing four that would have started tonight (sorry should say would have been in contention) If there is a problem with me stating facts that's your problem not mine. Frankly I don't care what you think, we will see what we are at tw end of the season. Thought you had more sense than to make judgements in oct. I've been very clear in saying that we would take a while to get a side together and we still in that process. You got such a problem with my posts you are free to take it up with me I'm person. I will be down in next couple of weeks to take a home game in, come down

Edited by Winslow Boy

Don't remember saying that last season just said we weren't good enough. Before you come on giving it that mate I think out of everyone I'm very quick to be honest and admit weakness and I've said as much this season, that we would not even be mid table in div 2 currently. I've even gone as far to qualify when saying we have missed players that it probably wouldn't have changed final results. We were missing four that would have started tonight (sorry should say would have been in contention) If there is a problem with me stating facts that's your problem not mine. Frankly I don't care what you think, we will see what we are at tw end of the season. Thought you had more sense than to make judgements in oct. I've been very clear in saying that we would take a while to get a side together and we still in that process. You got such a problem with my posts you are free to take it up with me I'm person. I will be down in next couple of weeks to take a home game in, come down

Fight, fight, fight, Winslow Boy v Fat Albert, bring it on!...need your ages and fighting weights please guys so we can all place our bets. My dollar is on WB, I've heard he is a bit of a heavyweight!. :punish:

Great performance by Ampthill last night, without doubt.

Have to say too, the 3 officials were top draw (not just because we won either), the Ref in particular.

Cracking win were Lond Colney much the same as last season? Shows the progress you have made since promotion even. Colney never easy to go to. We had massive ruck there years and years ago, in their changing room lol.