Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 2nd/3rd October

0-3 London Colney v Ampthill Town,good away win for ampt

0-4 Chesham United Reserves v Cockfosters,another away win looking strong

4-4* Winslow United v Hoddesdon Town (Hoddesdon Town won 5-4 on penalties) was hoddesdon at full strength?? Winslow getting better each game :382:

0-3 London Colney v Ampthill Town,good away win for ampt

0-4 Chesham United Reserves v Cockfosters,another away win looking strong

4-4* Winslow United v Hoddesdon Town (Hoddesdon Town won 5-4 on penalties) was hoddesdon at full strength?? Winslow getting better each game :382:

Recognised most of the names as first team players, to be fair when is anyone at 'full strength' we are always all missing at least one or two we'd like available. Sat is the important one for us and will be a test of whether we are improving or not.

Cracking win were Lond Colney much the same as last season? Shows the progress you have made since promotion even. Colney never easy to go to. We had massive ruck there years and years ago, in their changing room lol.

Think Colney had one of their forwards missing but had Ian Cooper up top?

To be honest our keeper didn't have a save to make we played that well, also hit the bar twice, one of them being a full 40 yarder from Coulter.

Berko at home Saturday which again will be tough, hopefully we can take last nights performance into that game.

Yeah Berko looked to have done well against in form Aylesbury so that will be a battle but on your form got to fancy it. Copper will get goals for Colney he has great record.

Recognised most of the names as first team players, to be fair when is anyone at 'full strength' we are always all missing at least one or two we'd like available. Sat is the important one for us and will be a test of whether we are improving or not.

WB, in general, how does your team midweek compare to your team at weekends? Do you have players who aren't available for one game but are ok for another?

GOAL: Welwyn Garden City 1 Kentish Town 0 (Jones 10 mins)

GOAL: Crawley Green 0 Codicote 1 (Kiddie 26 mins)

Edited by Karen Browne

WB, in general, how does your team midweek compare to your team at weekends? Do you have players who aren't available for one game but are ok for another?

We seem to do better midweek for some reason. To be fair we have just been in a position of getting out whoever we can available so far so can't really explain why we get hammered on a Saturday but have done ok midweek. Away travel has been a problem because we are unable to cover expenses even. Looks like we will get a pretty settled side out most games now, I think we will continue to pick up players between now and Christmas which should release a few to drop back down to reserved and hopefully have two sides that are at least competitive. In fairness Jonno I think most teams at this level suffer with the same problems regarding availability and it's the ones that are most settled and consistantly put out the same side that do the best.ales me sound like king of stating the obvious but there you go

Edited by Winslow Boy

I've spoken to Winslow boy a he messaged me. I've begged him not beat me up so no fight sorry

Hahahahahahahahaha behave.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Oh dear, Mr Bee!!!

Hanwell Town were leading 1-0 at half time as well

Tuesday 2nd October

DUDLEY LATHAM MEMORIAL (PREMIER DIVISION) CUP First Round

1-4 Hanwell Town v St Margaretsbury

1-4 Hanwell Town v St Margaretsbury very poor second half we need to bounce back lads :mellow:

It was defo a game of two halfs but the better team won in my opinion. St Margaretsbury look a very decent team going forward.

Wednesday 3rd October

DUDLEY LATHAM MEMORIAL (PREMIER DIVISION) CUP First Round

2-1 AFC Dunstable v Harefield United

DIVISION ONE

0-1 London Lions v Harpenden Town (@Hemel Hempstead Town FC)

1-3 Wodson Park v Sun Postal Sports

DIVISION ONE CUP First Round

0-2 Crawley Green v Codicote

3-1 Welwyn Garden City v Kentish Town