Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Truro City - hang in there

Top Cat

RIP Non league football

Run by incompetent idiots.

Great news for the fans of Truro,a sad day for Non league in general though

What a moron. How on earth can it be a sad day for non league football when a club is saved ?

Really chuffed for the folk of Truro who see their club survive.

I just knew that out of everyone you would be the one to respond.

Another club head high in debt,a club EXPELLED from the league,suddenly a few hours later put back into the league.

It's a sad day because this should never of got this far,sad day because the authorities are carrying on letting this sort of thing happen time and time again,its a sad day because non league football is being saturated time and time again by idiots coming into the game for their own kicks.

It's a sad day because the conference throws them out,then puts them back in without some sort of EGM,how can you expell someone and then just put them straight back a few hours later,did they unexpel them or did they have an EGM which is how these things are supposed to be worked.

It's a sad day for Truro City fans who in my opinion could of by now started up their own fans club,run by the fans not self appointed businessman who most of the time seem to have their own agendas and usually it all ends up in tears.

I have no problem with the fans or te name of the club and the two new owners if they are legitimate.But you can't keep setting deadlines,letting those deadlines pass and then go back on them a few hours later.How long do you give the next club? A week or so after a rescue package comes along???

Truro has not been saved you idiot,it has been given some more time,not what the football club needs,it needs to start again from scratch,only problem is,people think its the end of the world,its not,it's a fckng football club,a new one would start with no debts etc

Well this is getting a bit ridiculous now.....I'm all for giving people chances, but to say someone is expelled from the league, so all the other clubs in the division would be re re arranging plans now to put them back in again.

What happens if another club goes this way....will they get 3 4 chances to save themselves.

You can't help but think they will get saved, the players leave and the reserves play out the test

Of the season and then get relegated.

It's sad to see, but unfortunately you see clubs throwing everything last penny at the budget to get promotion, but they seem to forget cost go up

As you move up but by this time they are already strapped for cash because they are paying high wages to keep the players interested.

Rich, I fully agree with what you've said.

Sadly, the FA don't give a monkeys about this and as ever it's the fans who will suffer. I just hope they can re-form next season in the SWPL.

Looks like Hereford could be the next team to fall, and Barnstaple apparently will pull out of the Western League next month if they cannot find a buyer/investor.

Another club head high in debt,a club EXPELLED from the league.

It's a sad day for Truro City fans who in my opinion could of by now started up their own fans club,run by the fans not self appointed businessman who most of the time seem to have their own agendas and usually it all ends up in tears.

You mean like AFC Upminster did? Wait a minute dont they have another self appointed business man in charge?

No you fckng idiot,they had one before,they have an ex football manager in charge who goes out everyday and works 9-5 for someone else,but what happened to us before is exactly why this shouldn't still be happening

Are you so stupid that you believe that there are Hornchurch fans out there that are happy that our club went bust

Just another club with problems,is that how we should look at it?

I look at it that its another club,possibly going into admin but as long as they survive its ok,forget all the small businesses who go bust when they are knocked for 10p in the pound

Edited by Eastside Urchin

I just knew that out of everyone you would be the one to respond.

Another club head high in debt,a club EXPELLED from the league,suddenly a few hours later put back into the league.

It's a sad day because this should never of got this far,sad day because the authorities are carrying on letting this sort of thing happen time and time again,its a sad day because non league football is being saturated time and time again by idiots coming into the game for their own kicks.

It's a sad day because the conference throws them out,then puts them back in without some sort of EGM,how can you expell someone and then just put them straight back a few hours later,did they unexpel them or did they have an EGM which is how these things are supposed to be worked.

I have no problem with the fans or te name of the club and the two new owners if they are legitimate.But you can't keep setting deadlines,letting those deadlines pass and then go back on them a few hours later.How long do you give the next club? A week or so after a rescue package comes along???

Truro has not been saved you idiot,it has been given some more time,not what the football club needs,it needs to start again from scratch,only problem is,people think its the end of the world,its not,it's a fckng football club,a new one would start with no debts etc

The two businessmen are not new owners , they have simply paid the bond to cover the other clubs travel expenses. Also, according to the bbc article the conference will allow them to trade for the 'entirety of the season', so it would appear they have been saved. You fcking idiot. ;)

Rich, I fully agree with what you've said.

Sadly, the FA don't give a monkeys about this and as ever it's the fans who will suffer. I just hope they can re-form next season in the SWPL.

Looks like Hereford could be the next team to fall, and Barnstaple apparently will pull out of the Western League next month if they cannot find a buyer/investor.

Its not just the fans that suffer, more importantly the people that suffer the most are those that are owed money because the club spent money they never had, or possibly never had any intention of paying.

IMO no club should be allowed to reform unless they give cast iron guarantees that any debt accrued by the by the previous club will be repaid in full, and no wages will be paid until all moneys owed repaid.

Fcuk sake guys :D

If your going to use such foul language can you please save it for the CM1 2EH area of this league.

Absolutely agree. Yong children and their parents read these forums and the kind of language used by certain individuals can only harm non league clubs trying to attract new support. I had to ban EU from the Romford forum for that very reason.

Oh fcuk off Alan

You never banned me,you are not even liked by your own fans.

You closed your forum off because you didn't like the fact we would respond to your constant whining about Hornchurch.Now crawl back under your rock you pathetic individual.

And if anyone think putting up a 50k bond is enough to save a football club you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

I agree with our little Urchin friend. The way this has been handled by the authorities is farcical. No ill will to the fans or officials of Truro; they could still have their football club at a lower step whatever happens. But once again indecision and lack of leadership from those supposed to have the best interests of all clubs in mind.

I know a bit about running a football club, and it is far more difficult that any new owner thinks. I thought I could turn our club around in 3 to 4 yrs...it took 7 long years and a strong will to succeed

So many think its as easy as, put in a few quid, win a few promotions, the fans will flock in and advertises will be falling over themselves to give you money.. Bob's your Uncle,football League beckons.

But the harsh reality is, if it isn't earnt. it isn't sustainable.

Nothing has really changed at Truro, The club still can't afford to compete at this level, therefore Its only a matter of time. This is only my opinion, but the best they can hope for is to stay in business and drop back down to their natural level, because from there, they can then start to build, and you never know, they may well be back in this league again in the future, and if they are, lets hope they will be a much healthier and more sustainable position.

Good luck Truro, nobody wants to see you disappear

Edited by The Town Crier