Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 6th/7th November

Winslow boy we do have a twitter account but it is a member of the coaching staff so he can't tweet during games. Needs to be a supporter.

Ah right we following it. Get someone to have password too good little tool to give and receive info

Wednesday 7th November

HERTS SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP First Round

1-6 Tring Athletic v Barnet

A report from another Forum:

Hertfordshire Senior Cup Round 1:

7.45pm

Tring Athletic 1 Barnet 6

Venue: The Grass Roots stadium, Pendley Sports Centre, Cow Lane, Tring

Attendance: 143

Entry: £5

Programme: £1

Real Ale: “Sidepocket for a toad” from Tring Brewery

Food: Burgers £2.50, Hot Dogs £2, Tea and coffee 80p

This was a long awaited trip to Cow Lane and I’m glad I did it. Tring Athletic’s ground has a very warm feel to it. The ground is situated out of the town to the south east and shares the complex with the egg chasers and the bowlers. On entering the ground I was expecting to see a mundane new build type facility but it was far from it. Along the near side is a stand up some steps which was more than adequate, there is a good sized clubhouse with bar serving local ales and the whole place felt welcoming.

Behind the north goal is covered seating and hard standing on the other two sides.

The crowd was above average due to the status of the visitors who, understandably, left most first teamers at home. The future of youth football at Barnet looks rosy if this game was anything to go by. Silky smooth skills abounded and a feel good factor was noticeable amongst the players, possibly due to the appearance on the scene of 39 year old player and coach Edgar Davids who wasn’t on the field this time but sat just along from me in the stand. Another name recognised by myself and fellow cottager Aylesbury Dave in the Barnet entourage was Collins John who passed through the ranks by the Thames in years gone by.

The game was over really in the first 20 minutes or so. Tring were completely outplayed and only got through the Barnet defence once.

Tuesday 6th November

1-4 Berkhamsted v Bishop’s Stortford

A brief report from another Forum:

Hertfordshire Senior Cup

Berkhamsted 1 Vs 4 Bishops Stortford

Admission: £5

Attendance: 80 (Estimate)

Crap match. I reckon it was about my third worst of the season. Stortford were 2-0 up at half time and were 3-0 before Berkhamsted pulled one back with a penalty. I don't think Berkhamsted had more than a couple of shots all match. Very easy for Stortford, if they cared they'd have battered Berkhamsted.

Decent compact ground, smart and tidy. I stood on the far side from the entrance leaning against the wall there.

I left 5 or so minutes before full time so I could catch the late train back to London. The best thing about this ground is that it's 2 minutes from the station.

Tuesday 6th November

0-4 Hertford Town v Cheshunt

A report from another Forum:

Hertford Town 0 CHESHUNT 4

Herts senior cup,1st round

attendance:65

Admisssion:£6 adults / £1 child

Programme:£1 / 16pp

Chips £1.50 (the best I have ever had a a football ground) was 2 portions greedy?

After losing four games on the trott, the Cheshunt first team really needed to get somthing out of this fixture against old foes,and Spartan South Midland Premier Division side Hertford Town.The Blues started the better of the two teams with Sean Stock and Ted Clark going close for the hosts.It was Cheshunt however who scored first when David Greene scored a 20 yard strike seconds before the half time whistle to break battling Hertfords hearts.

After the break Cheshunt showed a bit more class and a Larry Asare-Bediako O.G. on 51 mins,Jamie Richards 1st (of hopefully many) goal Cheshunt on 64 mins and a long distance thunderbolt from The Ambers Matt Mitchell sealed a well fought and entertaining 4-0 win for the visitors,who will now play Conference North side Bishops Stortford in the next round in December.

a few photos of the match here........http://www.flickr.com/...631947372616/detail/

some photos of Hertingfordbury park from previous visits here...http://www.flickr.com/...s/72157625720843391/