Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goal clips from the match at Truro

AFCHTV

>>> Did Dagger go to this game?

No - I did not - I had intended to spend the weekend at Truro, but when I heard that they had been expelled from the league, I foolishly believed this to be true, and we booked for the firecracker at the Arena - only to find out (three hours later) that they were not really expelled, but it was all a hoax / joke / misunderstanding (delete where appliable) and they were still in the league after all.

I was told that Hornchurch deserved a draw, as Lewis Smith had a shot blocked on the line, shortly before Leon McKenzie netted in stoppage time. I was also told that someone (who shall remain nameless) was fiddling around with the ball in midfield, lost possession, and that it led to the Truro goal just on half time.

The line up given to me was - Woolley - Bentley - Rimmel Daniel - Nick McKoy - Duran Reynolds - Curley - Tam - Andy Tomlinson - McKenzie - Smith - Spencer

Tuohy came on for Bentley - Joey May came on for McKoy.

Other subs were Cutler, Styles, and Glover.

I was told that Simon Glover was initially named in the starting squad, but this was altered (presumably he was injured in the warm up).

Love, Gray, Noel, Goodacre - all out with injuries.

For what it's worth, I went to Romford and spent most of the match wondering how HFC were getting on. Rushed back home, turned on the teletext, and spent the rest of the evening telling myself I should have gone to Truro regardless.

Three bookings - Smith and Tuohy (both for dissent) and Tambeson (not sure what for).

I was told they played better than they did against Chelmsford, but that the defence was twice caught out with Truro goals, which a 'proper' centre half would have prevented.

Archived