Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Black players football union

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet

Am I the only one who thinks this could actually tear the game apart in this country?

I see no need for it,there have been 3 incidents in recent times that come to mind,be a millwall fan abusing a player,the other two,high profile players abused by other high profile players.

I refuse to believe that the situation in this country is bad,in fact I think we are the most upfront and clean nation in the world when it comes to racism in football,surely this would just create a massive division in a game that for the most part is tribal with regards to he followers of clubs.

A big no no for me,discuss

Wouldn't it be racist against the white players?

Tell you what, let's have a black only league and a white only league. There we are, problem solved....

Seems that race and racism is a one way street.

If a white player calls a black player a nigger or a monkey, then I would ban them from playing football anywhere in the country for life and also jail them.

However, if a black player calls a white player a white bastard, then I would impose the same punishment.

No race is superior to the other, and if any black or white person thinks that then they are sadly wrong. We're all human beings - we all have red blood, white bones, brown sh1t - end of.

Seems that race and racism is a one way street.

If a white player calls a black player a nigger or a monkey, then I would ban them from playing football anywhere in the country for life and also jail them.

However, if a black player calls a white player a white bastard, then I would impose the same punishment.

No race is superior to the other, and if any black or white person thinks that then they are sadly wrong. We're all human beings - we all have red blood, white bones, brown sh1t - end of.

Surely a player going in hard with studs showing and breaking someones leg is far worse than making racist comments and yet no-one seriously expects the perpetrator to be jailed and banned for life.

I wonder what would happen if a black guy called a white player a white monkey? (there is such a thing). If someone called me a white bastard I couldnt care less and I certainly wouldn't want them punished in any shape or form.

peter reid has a monkeys head was common.

the most chilling thing I read was the group called something like the league of black solicitors taking huge offence and action against something they admiited they knew little of.

the fella giving the monkey signs and perhaps noises is in the shit and quite right, as long as he gets a fair hearing, what about the guys around him who were shown laughing and shouting?

what about me when john barnes got sent off against spurs?

i waved him off, innocently enough and shouted bye bye. Then for some reason I thought I sounded like harry corbett saying bye bye and shouted "bye bye sooty"

was that some deep ingrained racism that should have seen me banned for life?

dont think so, it was as much yorkeshireist as anything.

I was sat next to my dreadlocked coloured mate who had monkey nuts chucked at him, which we ate.

he was a coloured mate then, i think hes a black mate now! me and my other pal are still fat bald twats, and pal morry is a vegetarian goth whose farts clear an area quicker than napalm.

clattenburg not reffing again. players still playing.

the worst I ever heard was anti campbell at spurs, vile evil abuse. horrible. not sure any of it racist.

I agree with you, Alan, on the bad injury - I had my career ended by a player who went through my right knee (accident though - pitch was slippery and it was hard to get the ball), but we shook hands after and he's become quite a good mate of mine since.

If it had been a deliberate act, then I would have been straight down to my solicitor and taken action.

Race is only an issue because the media has a bee in its bonnet about it. The truth is that only a small element of fans are idiots and most of them are an alright, decent bunch - but why would the media want to report good news? It's like if one plane out of a thousand crashes, they focus on that one bad story. What they fail to tell you is that a thousand planes every day take off, fly and land safely. I'm guilty, myself, of saying that all MP's are a bunch of lying,thieving, t*sspots. Not all of them are - there are a few good decent ones but they get overlooked because of the idiots among them (who sadly seem to get further than they do,but that's another story...)

Sadly, you will never erase racism and homophobia from society. If people are naturally racist or homophobic then they are who they are. We cannot strap every person who doesn't agree with what we think into a chair and give them NLP so that they obey - it just will not work. I remember once that Ann Clwyd wanted people who didn't use Politically Correct language to be fined and/or jailed - in the end she had to backtrack as she made herself and Labour look stupid beyond belief.

I firmly believe that education is the best way, and I think that in time the problem will not disappear but it will be reduced. We also need a less reactionary media, who try to blow the story out of all proportion. The media should report facts and nothing else, and by trying to do hatchet jobs on people (like they're trying to do on Charlie Adam after he blamed the media for Craig Levein standing down as Scotland manager) they do not endear themselves to anybody. Stop expecting people to be perfect and deal with the fact that occasionally somebody might do something wrong. If they are genuinely sorry, then forgive them and move on.

I have to agree with The Spurs Fan - Clattenburg is a disgrace as a referee, and should be replaced. I would not be surprised if he was a bit bent (and no I don't mean in a homosexual way...)

Racism in Football is small potatoes,compared to the overall racism shown in the hierachy of this Country.Lets take Government,(Commons and Lords)Police,Judges,Magistrates,do they represent the Ethnic mix of Britain,of course not.Horse racing, any black trainers or Jockeys?Tennis any Black Players or coaches?Football how many Black Managers can you name? Referees similar.Maybe it is because they do not apply,or that as I believe,the upper echelons of our Society,do not want their cosy little Tea Clubs,infiltrated.They still believe we still rule the world,when we robbed every under developed nation,of their wealth.Unfortunately the powers that be in this country,live in a different world to the Majority of us.

Agree it would cause major problems and a division in our game.

How many of these players crying foul now have used abusive words to match officials or is that ok in the heat of the moment ?

We have to go very careful here and I think that a Black Players Union will be the wrong way to go.

I tend to agree with all of the above.

HOWEVER ...... If Rio and Co insist on forming a black-players union, then there must be a white players union. 'Uman Rites', and all that !

How about a Jewish players union, or worse still a Fundamentalist Muslim players union ?

Would the last person to leave the country please make sure the lights are switched off ????

A Muslim Union could be interesting.

Depending on when the game is played, they might have to drop to the floor and face Mecca during it!

Totally agree. I think a black players' union would be counter-productive and cause resentment. An equivalent white players union would be considered racist (yes I know that white people are the majority and don't suffer the abuse that potentially black players do, but there's a principle here).

Agree with EU, Chelsea's attitude does potentially suggest revenge - wait for the facts to come out on that one.

Also agree that racism in football is a much smaller issue than racism in general.

Rio does seem to be up his own backside a bit nowadays.

Totally agree. I think a black players' union would be counter-productive and cause resentment. An equivalent white players union would be considered racist (yes I know that white people are the majority and don't suffer the abuse that potentially black players do, but there's a principle here).

Agree with EU, Chelsea's attitude does potentially suggest revenge - wait for the facts to come out on that one.

Also agree that racism in football is a much smaller issue than racism in general.

Rio does seem to be up his own backside a bit nowadays.

He always was, he got pulled over loads of times when he was younger and always played the race card. Remember he got done for DD when he was 18. Billy Big Bollox.

Rio Ferdinand is an insult to black people who've campaigned for equality.

I have a lot of respect for Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela for the hardships they suffered trying to promote fairness and equality. I only have contempt for people like Rio Ferdinand.

Rio Ferdinand is an insult to black people who've campaigned for equality.

I have a lot of respect for Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela for the hardships they suffered trying to promote fairness and equality. I only have contempt for people like Rio Ferdinand.

AGAIN - I agree 100%, Adam

Right as a black person reading this I think the Black Players Union is a joke. I think forming this group and naming it what they have is just a racist as JT calling Anton a Black C*** if not worse. Forgive me to think racism is all about equality. Everyone has the right to live and work in this country free of discrimination, thats what makes the UK the country it is. Sorry but this isn't about football, but about making Black people more powerful than all races. We are a culture that thrives in all adversities, and strong and determined race, and we need to integrate with society to combat and educate, and eradicate racism.