Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Black players football union

Perhaps we should just have a union for each race and go back to the 1960's?

It won't, that was my point. I was being sarcastic, which doesn't always come across on a forum. Everyone needs to see beyond the colour of someone's skin.

Edited by HKP

I think the whole racism thing in football is becoming beyond a joke and seriously need to find a way to educate players, and officials. Oh and another point, how can the Black Players Union be making complaints about incidents which they haven't seen or heard directly? and now they want to complain to the police about tottenham not trying to stamp out the word yid.

The orgainisation that is doing that is the Black Lawyers I believe, I agree though, crazy how someone that was not there or witnessed it on TV can complain!

I do also believe that racism is more reflective of society, it is not just a problem for football to deal with.

Rio wants a separate black union, he got in trouble for calling Ashley Cole a choc ice. How is that not racist ?

Ironically he is half white.

Is the term "Honky Choc Ice" racist ?, or if my son and my beautiful daughter in law had kids and I called my grandchild a cheeky monkey would that make me a racist?, especially if its taken into account that in general I prefer monkeys to humans.

Life seems to be getting very confusing.

A lot of people have blown this racism situation all out of proportion and the majority has come from the media. This will break Football in England and divide the country even more, where People will feel its ok to be racist to others, and other will take certain things a little bit too far. Where's the common ground. We nned to start educating everyone into racism without being too politically correct.

There are quite a few coloured players in the CCL Prem.

At one time, Dorking FC had a team containing around 50%

I witnessed 'spats' on the pitch. Coloured against coloured: white against white, and many involving all and sundry.

They weren't racist - They were just the normal sporting disagreements one sees on the field of play.

If any section of any sport try to break away and form a 'union', they are doing nothing more than trying to be elitist which just proves thery want an 'axe to grind'.

I personally don't think racism is half as bad as a lot of people are suggesting, but I do believe that one of the things killing non league football is sexism. To me its absolutely unbelievable that while we quite rightly make an effort to make ethnic minorities and black players welcome, we do sweet FA to welcome or attract what is more than 50% of our population.

The thing is though, Alan, football has traditionally been a male sport.

That's not to say that female's can't or shouldn't play it - if they are good enough and there's a demand for women's football then I have no problem with it. Personally, I think they are putting themselves at risk of getting breast cancer if a ball whacks them on their Bristol City's, but if they are aware of the consequences then so be it.

The next thing the daft prats who control football will be doing is team quotas. In other words, you have to have so many White, Black, Asian, Indian, Male, Female, Transvestites, Old People, Young People, Aliens etc. that it will kill the game dead.

Race and sex, whilst important, are not the be all and end all in my opinion. I would sooner have lower ticket prices, better deals for families going to games, more British players in the Premier League and scrap FIFA and have Blatter and Platini barred from football.

The thing is though, Alan, football has traditionally been a male sport.

That's not to say that female's can't or shouldn't play it - if they are good enough and there's a demand for women's football then I have no problem with it. Personally, I think they are putting themselves at risk of getting breast cancer if a ball whacks them on their Bristol City's, but if they are aware of the consequences then so be it.

The next thing the daft prats who control football will be doing is team quotas. In other words, you have to have so many White, Black, Asian, Indian, Male, Female, Transvestites, Old People, Young People, Aliens etc. that it will kill the game dead.

Race and sex, whilst important, are not the be all and end all in my opinion. I would sooner have lower ticket prices, better deals for families going to games, more British players in the Premier League and scrap FIFA and have Blatter and Platini barred from football.

I probably didn't word my post properly Adam. I was trying to say that we should be making more of an effort to attract females and hopefully children to our matches.

My wife and daughter used to come to quite a few matches, and some of the things that put them off was the bad language, not so nice food, and an almost total lack of decent toilet facilities.

Lastly, there is no way ladies football is responsible for breast cancer, and the fitness levels of athletes would certainly help them through some very harsh treatment in many cases.

I agree that they can be off-putting, Alan, and one thing that is a bug-bear of mine is the 'if you aren't local then **** off' attitude of certain clubs.

I know of a female player who had a knock on her breasts, and she had to have a double mastectomy. I'm not saying it's responsible all the time, but as always you have to be so careful - same as if a male player got a volleyed shot in the family jewels.

I would also like to see younger committee members, as most of the clubs I've been to have committee members in their 60s, 70s and 80s even! You need experience, but you also need youth and vibrancy.

I agree that they can be off-putting, Alan, and one thing that is a bug-bear of mine is the 'if you aren't local then **** off' attitude of certain clubs.

I know of a female player who had a knock on her breasts, and she had to have a double mastectomy. I'm not saying it's responsible all the time, but as always you have to be so careful - same as if a male player got a volleyed shot in the family jewels.

I would also like to see younger committee members, as most of the clubs I've been to have committee members in their 60s, 70s and 80s even! You need experience, but you also need youth and vibrancy.

You don't get cancer by taking a knock on the breasts, or a volleyed shot in the goolies.

Have you got proof of that Alan?

Wife and son both cancer survivors and certainly in my sons case the teenage cancer trust did extensive research into his (our) lifestyle habits and environment to try and discover a link between childhood cancer victims. At no time was we ever questioned about impact injuries, although we was told that doctors still have no idea what causes most cancers. I would imagine that if cancer was caused by a simple thing like an impact it would have been discovered many years ago.

Maybe not cast iron evidence, but fairly conclusive I think.