Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HORNCHURCH 2 BISHOP'S STORTFORD 3 - line up and report

Dagger03

Saturday 10-November-2012 – FA Trophy

HORNCHURCH 2 BISHOP’S STORTFORD 3

HFC – joe Woolley – Alex Bentley – Duran Reynolds – Elliot Styles © - Paul Goodacre – Andy Tomlinson – Tambeson Eyong (Joey May 80) – Frankie Curley – Leon McKenzie (Martin Tuohy 83) – Lewis Smith – Michael Spencer

Subs – Rimmel Daniel – Sam Cutler – Wayne Gray

BS Luke Chambers (Ross Kitteridge 60)- Jesse Waller-Lassen – Johnny Herd – Reece Prestedge © - Anthony Sinclair-Furlonge – Sean Francis – Alli Abdullahi – Blair Sturrock (Callum Webb 66) – Ricky Sappleton – Steve Cawley – Harry Baker (Phil Anderson 49)

Subs – Danny J Green – Nathan Livings

Scorers – Sappleton 5 (BS) – Curley 23 (H) – Sappleton 27p (BS) – McKenzie 47 (H) – Abdullahi 90+3 (BS)

Bookings – Sappleton 19 (BS) - Eyong 25 (H) – Abdullahi 77 (BS)

Officials – M George with B Furneaux and S Woodison

Duration 47.56 + 49.43

Attendance 301

Weather – 8 degrees,cloudy, wind speed 3 mph

HORNCHURCH 2 BISHOP’S STORTFORD 3

Hornchurch went out of the trophy thanks to two controversial decisions by the referee. They had no complaints about the opening goal, when a corner from Reece Prestedge found RICKY SAPPLETON unmarked in front of goal, and he scored with a well placed header. But the other two goals followed what many considered to be incorrect decisions.

Hornchurch forced the pace and could have leveled when Joe Woolley’s long kick was touched on by Lewis Smith to Leon McKenzie, whose shot was well saved by keeper Luke Chambers.

Stortford could have themselves increased their lead when Blair Sturrock tried a hopeful long range lobbed shot, the ball dropping sharply onto the roof of the net.

A free kick by Tomlinson then found McKenzie, whose header was blocked on the line and eventually scrambled away for a corner.

Sappleton escaped with a yellow card after a very late challenge in midfield, this being the second such tackle in a matter of minutes.

Hornchurch drew level after Tomlinson had played the ball to McKenzie who quickly glided it out to FRANKIE CURLEY on the edge of the area out on the left, and Frankie promptly floated the ball over the keeper and into the net.

Tambeson Eyong was then booked for a 50-50 tackle, and two minutes later Stortford regained the lead when Tomlinson was very harshly penalized for hand ball on the edge of the area, and a delighted RICKY SAPPLETON gratefully accepted the gift penalty that was awarded.

Stortford had to defend for the remainder of the first half, and survived a weaving run by Lewis Smith which ended in a Tomlinson corner, whilst Duran Reynolds created the move from which Curley switched play to give Michael Spencer a shooting chance, but the shot was a fraction too high and the ball cleared the bar.

Tambeson Eyong had a shot blocked, and on the stroke of half time a goal bound shot from McKenzie hit the post and an offside flag was raised as the ball ran loose along the goal line.

Hornchurch drew level within two minutes of the restart when LEON McKENZIE ran through, and neatly slotted the ball between the advancing Chambers and the post.

Woolley then threw himself to his left to tip a goal bound shot around the post, and then rose high to catch the corner from Jesse Waller-Lassen.

Michael Spencer won a corner at the other end, and Chambers then left the field with a leg injury, and was replaced by last season’s regular first team keeper, Ross Kitteridge.

Hornchurch almost took the lead when Smith’s well flighted cross found McKenzie, who flicked the ball past Chambers, but it rolled inches wide of the far post.

Joey May came on for Eyong, to the relief of the visiting side, who were frequently at a loss on how to legally deal with his wing runs. Martin Tuohy also came on, in place of McKenzie, whose ability to win the ball up front had caused Stortford many problems.

It was in the third minute of stoppage time when Stortford grabbed the winning goal, from a throw in which was allowed to be taken from the wrong place, and which was turned out for a corner. In almost a carbon copy of the first goal, Prestedge took the corner and again it was ALLI ABDULLAH
who was in the right place to flick the ball across the line.

How on gods earth does that bloke score a fckng hat trick against us.

He is a donkey,who with any level of decent defending doesn't get a sniff of a goal.

That's really pissed me off

Pretty sure their number 7 (Alli Abdullahi) got their third but fair to say we struggled to cope with the man mountain that was Sappleton.

What league r bishop stortford in?

BSB North - they're 4th bottom.

>>>In the 'story' part of the report it has the No.9 scoring all 3.

Yes, my mistake - I had the correct scorer in the list of scorers, but have no idea why I wrote the wrong scorer into the 'story' part.

Certainly, when I phoned in the report to the NLP, I gave the third goal (correctly) to Abdullahi.

If any of the moderators read this, could they / he please amend the narrative part of the report to give the third goal to ALLI ABDULLAHI

I also seem to have put a 'smiley face' against Sappleton's booking - this was not intentional - I put the letter B in brackets after the time of the booking, and this translated itself into a 'smiley face' - I meant to put BS after the booking, so would appreciate it if a moderator could amend it for me to (BS).

Archived