Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 24th November - Fixtures, Results

PREMIER DIVISION

7-0 Aylesbury United v Holmer Green

A report from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Aylesbury United 7-0 Holmer Green

Attendance given as 188 (yeah, right. More likely 88)

Throughout the morning, all indications were that Beaconsfield would be on - no doom-laden messages on here and the Southern League website being its usual *ahem* helpful self. However, just as I was about to set off, my sixth sense told me to phone them and ask. Whoever answered must have been underwater as the only word I could make out was "Sorry" (and this was their landline number 01494 676868). I therefore changed out of my LTFC polo top and sweatshirt, re-arranged my domestic commitments and set off for les canards chez la ferme du cloche.

Second versus bottom - only one result and so it proved with the Ducks tearing their opponents to shreds in the first half, scoring after only 75 seconds and going in at the break 5-0 up. Holmer Green did rally slightly, but they were never in sight and les canards scored twice more to complete a storming win on a pitch that held up reasonably well. Rain was constant throughout the game, but steady and not as heavy as I feared.

Holmer Green are struggling. They have taken some beltings lately and were lucky to get away with 7 yesterday!!

Are shipping a lot of goals in recently and do look poor.

Have they got many long term injuries or have they lost any influential players this season do you know?

Great performance and result for Ampthill yesterday against a very well drilled and organised Dunstable side.

Having not played Oxhey Jets yet then would be unfair to say they have what it takes to win the Prem this season, good side though which makes our point all the better.

After travelling 60 mile round trip to get to see a game of football for the match to be called off just before 2.50 is not the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

The reason for the game being called off "there is heavy rain due in about 20 minutes".

I was told it had been raining in Hoddesdon since just after 9.00am and was due to be raining until 6.00pm (according to the forecast).

Not sure why the official waited till just before kick off to call the game off!!

I left Hoddesdon at 12:30 on Saturday to travel with the reserves to London Lions. We met at the ground and at that time, it wasn't raining and hadnt been raining, as you state, since 9am. In fact, the manager of the reserve side and I sat outside the cafe at 11am while we enjoyed breakfast! The pitch was not wet, there was no standing water and the game looked perfectly ON at 12:30.

The fact that the game was called off so late in the day tells me that the conditions changed massively in the two hours after I left the ground.

The game had every chance of being played yesterday Nellie, and there was no way we as a club needed to get an official in at 9/10am, forecast or no forecast.

Sometimes the match referee postpones a game. It happens. And while I understand the inconvenience of travel for the away side (I've been on the receiving end my fair share before) it's important clubs and officials do all they can to get games on, not just call it off at 9am cos the BBC reckon it might start spitting at 4pm!

Totally gutted we have Dunstable town sat , manager craig bicknell is away with top scorer Tyrone Taylor , centre half Steven flux and last sat match winner Alvin rajaham .

Great point yesterday chaps! Well done

I left Hoddesdon at 12:30 on Saturday to travel with the reserves to London Lions. We met at the ground and at that time, it wasn't raining and hadnt been raining, as you state, since 9am. In fact, the manager of the reserve side and I sat outside the cafe at 11am while we enjoyed breakfast! The pitch was not wet, there was no standing water and the game looked perfectly ON at 12:30.

The fact that the game was called off so late in the day tells me that the conditions changed massively in the two hours after I left the ground.

The game had every chance of being played yesterday Nellie, and there was no way we as a club needed to get an official in at 9/10am, forecast or no forecast.

Sometimes the match referee postpones a game. It happens. And while I understand the inconvenience of travel for the away side (I've been on the receiving end my fair share before) it's important clubs and officials do all they can to get games on, not just call it off at 9am cos the BBC reckon it might start spitting at 4pm!

Have to agree with Jonno on this one, Our game was called off 15 minutes into the warm up as the rain over the last couple of hours had increased dramatically and we are just round the corner from Hoddesdon (st mags).

We did have a programme which was available behind the bar if this particular hopper had asked. We did a few smaller programmes as we were unsure that the game would go ahead.

The league gave us a 'one-off' permission to use the reserves pitch at the top of the field, which has better drainage, they wanted the game played yesterday due it being the last fixture of the 2nd round of the Challenge Trophy.

As most of you know being in Division 2 we do not have to provide a programme but decided we would do..

Several spectators decided to watch from the clubhouse so were included in the attendance figures hence the difference that the hopper recorded.

We did have a programme which was available behind the bar if this particular hopper had asked. We did a few smaller programmes as we were unsure that the game would go ahead.

The league gave us a 'one-off' permission to use the reserves pitch at the top of the field, which has better drainage, they wanted the game played yesterday due it being the last fixture of the 2nd round of the Challenge Trophy.

As most of you know being in Division 2 we do not have to provide a programme but decided we would do..

Several spectators decided to watch from the clubhouse so were included in the attendance figures hence the difference that the hopper recorded.

As much as i admire 'groundhoppers' dont ever feel the need to apologise to them...........

The SSML have now rescheduled the Division One fixtures for matches not played on the 24th November and 1st December.

Tuesday 15th January - Hoddesdon Town v Kentish Town

Wednesday 30th January - Welwyn Garden City v Winslow United

Tuesday 5th February - Cockfosters v Cranfield United

Tuesday 5th February - Harpenden Town v Stony Stratford Town

Tuesday 12th February - Kings Langley v London Lions

Tuesday 12th February - Winslow United v Langford

Tuesday 5th March - Amersham Town v New Bradwell St Peter

The SSML have now rescheduled the Division One fixtures for matches not played on the 24th November and 1st December.

Tuesday 15th January - Hoddesdon Town v Kentish Town

Wednesday 30th January - Welwyn Garden City v Winslow United

Tuesday 5th February - Cockfosters v Cranfield United

Tuesday 5th February - Harpenden Town v Stony Stratford Town

Tuesday 12th February - Kings Langley v London Lions

Tuesday 12th February - Winslow United v Langford

Tuesday 5th March - Amersham Town v New Bradwell St Peter

And Premier fixtures

Tuesday 22nd January - Hanwell Town v Berkhamsted

Tuesday 29th January - Hillingdon Borough v Colney Heath

Tuesday 29th January - St Margaretsbury v AFC Dunstable

Tuesday 5th March - Hertford Town v Harefield United

Are shipping a lot of goals in recently and do look poor.

Have they got many long term injuries or have they lost any influential players this season do you know?

They've lost Andy Shed who was pretty much their only goal threat but don't think there are any others.

There is no way they will stay up.

Where has he gone? Normally ends up back there in the end.

I read on their website he's gone to play District football - so assume in the Wycombe & District League! Such a waste of talent in my opinion!

He's a class act, getting better with every game as he gets fitter. Him and Stacey Field are starting to form a very dangerous partnership up front.

Some flesh on the bones from the games played last Saturday:

CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

1-2 Wolverton Town v Buckingham Athletic

CHALLENGE TROPHY Third Round

0-5 Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Hadley

http://www.hadleyfc.co.uk/

PREMIER DIVISION

7-0 Aylesbury United v Holmer Green

http://www.holmergreenfc.co.uk/s/match-report-33921.html?fixture_id=1524229&official=0

1-3 Biggleswade United v London Colney

1-1 Dunstable Town v Ampthill Town

http://www.dunstabletownfc.org.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2550&sid=2424282c2282c8bfc9d810232ec55340

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ampthilltownfc/s/match-report-40383.html?fixture_id=1497682&official=0

P Hanwell Town v Berkhamsted

3-4 Hatfield Town v Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenf...p?File=20121124

P Hertford Town v Harefield United

P Hillingdon Borough v Colney Heath

P St Margaretsbury v AFC Dunstable

1-2 Stotfold v Tring Athletic

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1930

DIVISION ONE

P Amersham Town v New Bradwell St Peter

P Cockfosters v Cranfield United

P Harpenden Town v Stony Stratford Town