Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

The other Vase semi-finalists, Tunbridge Wells, are also well behind on fixtures. They've only played 17 league games so far but their league only has 17 teams in it so they've only got 15 league games to play, two or three Vase games and a Kent Senior Trophy final.

The Kent League website actually shows TW as having two games scheduled for April 25th but the club's website only lists one.

The moral is - don't have a Vase run if you want to play your league games at reasonable times.

There is plenty work being done on the Footes Lane pitch by the owners to try and ensure Saturday's game goes ahead.

Edited by HKP

It must be said I do find it ironic that Guernsey do well and their achievements are (quite rightly) advertised everywhere possible.

When I put a piece on the Epsom website advising how well we were doing a few weeks back, it got deleted from the website on the basis that we were "bigging the club up too much" and "putting pressure on the players" despite highlighting the run for the previous six weeks. I then got told off for tweeting the report to the Sun in the hope of some recognition for the club.

Some clubs have a plan, while other clubs..........

it is probably because of the real community feel for Guernsey FC, here in the island, anyone and everyone who has any connection to the media via work, family or even other sports is on the phone, email, facebook, twitter, blogs, forums etc etc spreading the word and i guess very proud of the local lads efforts.

good to see the others have been successful and also a similar fixture pile up, would be a shame to see the eventual finalist loose on the day just down to fatigue compared the other squad

Yes I agree very proud of the local lads efforts and the hard work that everyone at GFC puts in for no financial gain.

E&E Fred I think the newspaper articles and media interest have come about because of the fixtures backlog story which has had hundreds of retweets/tweets on twitter.

Edited by jaygsy

The real community spirit of Guernsey FC is very much demonstrated this week in the build up to the biggest game in Channel Island Club football history, what with national newspaper coverage yesterday, the Guernsey Cricket Association providing covers/man hours for the covering of the pitch this week and a massive push by all supporters of GFC, in getting publicity in whatever form for Footes Lane to be packed with 3.000 plus supporters.

Guernsey based 'Specsavers' have also played their part today in providing free, 2500 green t-shirts for fans attending the match on Saturday.

Nobody knows more than I do, having originated from the North East, that Spennymoor Town FC are a quality team and a force to be reckoned with, having highly justified their FA Vase favourites tag which they have carried since the tournament started.

Irrespective of what happens on Saturday we should all be proud of Guernsey FC making history on Saturday, representing Guernsey/Channel Islands and the Combined Counties League.

Yes I agree very proud of the local lads efforts and the hard work that everyone at GFC puts in for no financial gain.

E&E Fred I think the newspaper articles and media interest have come about because of the fixtures backlog story which has had hundreds of retweets/tweets on twitter.

I understand that jaygsy but it's an ideal opportunity to explain that the reason is mostly due to your success. We wouldn't think like that at Epsom.