Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 1st December - Fixtures, Results

Saturday 1st December

PREMIER DIVISION

2-4 AFC Dunstable v Oxhey Jets

2-1 Ampthill Town v Hanwell Town

5-1 Berkhamsted v London Tigers

5-2 Biggleswade United v Holmer Green

1-3 Colney Heath v Stotfold

1-2 Haringey Borough v Aylesbury United

0-2 Harefield United v London Colney

2-4 Hatfield Town v Hadley

2-5 Hertford Town v Dunstable Town

4-2 St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

2-0 Tring Athletic v Hillingdon Borough

DIVISION ONE

1-2 Buckingham Athletic v Hoddesdon Town

2-2 Cranfield United v Chesham United Reserves

5-0 Crawley Green v Wodson Park

0-2 Kentish Town v Welwyn Garden City

3-1 Kings Langley v Cockfosters

3-1 London Lions v Sun Postal Sports

2-6 New Bradwell St Peter v Codicote

0-2 Southall v Harpenden Town

P-P Stony Stratford Town v Amersham Town

DIVISION TWO

4-2 Aston Clinton v Hale Leys United

1-1 Broxbourne Borough v Tring Corinthians

1-0 Caddington v The 61FC (Luton)

2-1 Kent Athletic v Totternhoe

2-2 Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Mursley United

2-4 Risborough Rangers v Aylesbury Reserves

2-3 Wolverton Town v Old Bradwell United

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

2-5 Cockfosters Reserves v London Lions Reserves

7-0 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Hadley Reserves

2-1 Holmer Green Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

1-3 London Colney Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

4-3 Stotfold Reserves v Kent Athletic Reserves

3-4 The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v Langford Reserves

BEDS INTERMEDIATE CUP Third Round

3-1 AFC Dunstable Reserves v Leighton United

HERTS INTERMEDIATE CUP Second Round

2-3* Oxhey Jets Reserves v Bedmond Sports

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

1-3 Crawley Green Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

8-0 Harpenden Town Reserves v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves

2-3 Hatfield Town Reserves v Biggleswade United Reserves

1-7 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

7-1 Sun Postal Sports v Tring Corinthians Reserves

7-0 Totternhoe Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

2-2 Welwyn Garden City Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

BERKS & BUCKS JUNIOR CUP Third Round

4-7 Winslow United Reserves v Bow Brickhill

Edited by Karen Browne

Yes, it reminds me of when I used to get down to Coles Park at about 6.30am on a Saturday to make sure their game went ahead, I flaked out when I eventually got home about 9.00pm

Where did it all go wrong?

Yes, it reminds me of when I used to get down to Coles Park at about 6.30am on a Saturday to make sure their game went ahead, I flaked out when I eventually got home about 9.00pm

Then realised you was respected that much they forgot to inform you that all your hard work was to no avail as they were playing 'away'.

I see Kings Langley secured a big win against fosters, great result for them.

Does anyone know if Southall have lost players?

Edited by Winslow Boy

Think you'd get on well with my Missus Cliff, apparently her clients tell me she loves a big c**k??? LOL

0-2 Southall v Harpenden Town

Two clinical finishes from Harpenden Town today. Southall need to learn how to score against decent teams.

I was at the game today and wouldn't argue with that. I thought it was a superb match, particularly for Step 6. Southall played some really lovely football, but could and should have tested the visiting goalkeeper more. There seemed to be a reluctance to shoot, which I think cost them dearly in the end.

For their part, Harpenden were equally impressive in a different way - they soaked up masses of pressure and defended in numbers and were then lightning-quick on the break, scoring twice and hitting the post.

Both teams played well on an excellent surface and Southall were well organised and hospitable, so I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Just seems really unfair on both Risborough and the league

From Aylesbyury FC's Website: 'With the Godalming match postponed FC took the chance to give most of the first team a run out as they defeated a spirited Rangers team'

I don't think there are any rules which mean they cant do this and, to be honest, you can'y blame them. I think we would all do it if we were in their position.

However, it does seem unfair on Risborough and makes the league a bit of a nonsense if a team can put out a side from the Southern league. Of the eleven that started yesterday 10 were Southern League first teamers with just one reserve player.

Maybe reserve team should only be allowed to play in the reserve league. That way they are all in the same boat in terms of drafting in players from much higher levels.

One for the league to sort out I guess!

Does anyone know if Southall have lost players?

Not as far as i can see. They need an out and out striker in my opinion.

I was at the game today and wouldn't argue with that. I thought it was a superb match, particularly for Step 6. Southall played some really lovely football, but could and should have tested the visiting goalkeeper more. There seemed to be a reluctance to shoot, which I think cost them dearly in the end.

For their part, Harpenden were equally impressive in a different way - they soaked up masses of pressure and defended in numbers and were then lightning-quick on the break, scoring twice and hitting the post.

Both teams played well on an excellent surface and Southall were well organised and hospitable, so I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

I agree with all of the above and im glad you enjoyed your day at Hanwell Town FC.

Where did it all go wrong?

That George Best story is getting a bit boring now! - As am I

Edited by Karen Browne

Some reports from yesterday:

PREMIER DIVISION

2-4 AFC Dunstable v Oxhey Jets

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

2-1 Ampthill Town v Hanwell Town

5-1 Berkhamsted v London Tigers

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

5-2 Biggleswade United v Holmer Green

http://www.holmergreenfc.co.uk/s/match-report-33921.html?fixture_id=1524238&official=0

1-3 Colney Heath v Stotfold

1-2 Haringey Borough v Aylesbury United

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=863949&conf=&div=

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/lastmatch

0-2 Harefield United v London Colney

2-4 Hatfield Town v Hadley

2-5 Hertford Town v Dunstable Town

http://www.dunstabletownfc.org.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2552&sid=3e411a32b942c261f24e03b5ba1e8d87

4-2 St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20121201

2-0 Tring Athletic v Hillingdon Borough

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1931

2-4 Risborough Rangers v Aylesbury Reserves

As Duck1 has already said, Aylesbury FC broke no rules by sending their 1st team to play us on Saturday. Despite the defeat it was our best performance of the season in terms of effort and commitment, but unfortunately that is not enough against a Southern League team. The Aylesbury management have to do what they think is best for their team so no complaints from me personally and it was just the luck of the draw that we happened to be playing them this week. A long way to go, but I think the Div 2 title is now Aston Clinton's to lose.

who is craig ? Heard there was a pile up in m1 on way home I was more gutted when I found out you lot took a different route

Banter is good.

Being gutted that Aylesbury United weren't involved in a pile up on the M1 crosses the line of banter.

So does the shit that went on after the game , and he may of ment getting stuck in traffic for hours ? So wind your crinkled old neck in . O and who is craig I just go round watching a few games most the time ampthill

Edited by X man

So does the shit that went on after the game , and he may of ment getting stuck in traffic for hours ? So wind your crinkled old neck in . O and who is craig I just go round watching a few games most the time ampthill

Yes Craig ;)