Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CANVEY 0 HORNCHURCH 2

Dagger03

I was not able to go to Canvey - this report is taken from Twitter - I have never used Twitter before, so apologies if I have missed anything. I have included everything I could find. Hopefully someone can expand on this. Now updated - thank you to Peter Butcher.

Hornchurch are now at home to Brentwood or Colchester, who are playing tomorrow. The next round is to be played by 12-January

Tuesday 04-December-2012 - ESC

CANVEY ISLAND 0 HORNCHURCH 2

Canvey Island - Jones, Miller, Dumas, King, Hayles, Orlu, Gordon (Curran 74), Hawes (Gilbey 79), Woods-Garness (Hart 89), Dennis, Chatting

Subs – Gilbey – Curran – Hart - Cocklin – Foster

HFC - Woolley, Love, Spencer, Cutler (Tomlinson 63), Styles, Noel, Eyong, Curley, McKenzie (May 87), Tuohy, Daniel (Bentley 56)

Subs – Tomlinson – Bentley – May – Glover

Scorers – Orlu 68 og – Tomlinson 85

No bookings

Attendance 136

9 mins – Gordon has header saved from right wing cross

33 – Woolley turns a Bradley-Garness shot out for a corner

34 – Woods-Garness shoots wide following a free kick

41 – Woods-garness shoots wide from long range

44 – Leon McKenzie heads over the bar

68 – Orlu own goal gives HFC the lead

85 – Andy Tomlinson slots home from close range

Tough game, thought it was a more competitive game than Hayes and Yeading on Saturday.

Really got bogged down into a midfield battle, Canvey were really determined and worked hard but perhaps lacking a bit up front to be honest. Still, I reckon they had the better of the first half - Hornchurch were really limited to long range shots.

Second half - Missed the first goal as I was getting a hot beverage but by all accounts it was an OG. Second one came from super sub Andy Tomlinson - he took it well.

Not sure if the first goal got Canvey's spirit down or they just started to tire, but we seem to get stronger nearer the end.

Just pleased it didn't go to penalties, and after the sixth time of asking we finally get a win over Canvey.

Weather - cold.

Entertainment - not the best game you're likely to see AFCH play this season

Only 136 there and most of them were wearing the red and white. Shame I stepped into a pot-hole in the carpark on the way in and ended up with a freezing wet foot all night. Ian and I had to pop in the Yeoman to use the facilities on the way home and naturally had to have another drink but we were able to fill Max in with our impressions of the match.

Bet you didn't know we did impressions?

Nice comment from The Great Eckscape but you'd expect nothing else from a yid.

Gonna have to wait a while before we know who we'll be playing. Game off tonight.

And if Romford beat Barking (probably off too) then beat Grays we might play them in the semi-final?

But for them to win two games reminds me of a flying pig.

Barking (on Facebook) says Romford game is definitely on tonight. Perhaps this should be on non-Hornchurch thread.

But it might be relevant to our semi-final opponents.

Archived