Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mansfield V Liverpool FA Cup

That is true, Alan, and he has also re-branded them without consulting the fans.

FGR, sadly, have been a club waiting to implode for a while. They are stuck up on a hill near Stroud and get nowhere near the crowds needed to sustain them at Conference Level, and would struggle in League Two.

They are almost remiss of Histon, playing far above their natural level.

Whilst I am no fan of Dale, or his uber green ego trip, nobody deserves to get abuse like that.

The thing FGR fans don't realise is that, if Dale goes, so does the money. He can wind them up for £750k, as he has a non-taxable amount that is his and that has to by law be paid to him, when he leaves.

Onto Carolyn Radford, well Rhodes you do know that she is a call girl and still sleeps with men despite being married? I can't say she does much for me TBH - my mate once thought it was Joe Elliott of Def Leppard in drag! :P

Almost all clubs at our level need re-branding but refuse to do so because neanderthal supporters and club chairmen prefer to live in an imaginary glorious past that almost without exception never actually happened. If clubs allow themselves to be taken over by successful businessmen then the supporters should accept that their club wasn't being run as a viable business model, and if it was there would be no need for the involvement of people like Dale Vince. IMO Mr Vince has been like a breath of fresh air for football, but unfortunately the majority of football people lack the intellect to understand basic financial principles.

There's a lot of truth in that, Alan, but where I would disagree is that Mr. Vince (and also Mr. Tan at Cardiff City) changed a lot of things at the club without consulting the fans (including changing the shirt colours, club badge and the veggie burgers only policy).

Had he allowed the fans a say, it could have been a different outcome.

I do agree with running clubs along business lines though, and I am an advocate of change in non league. The problem is that a lot of people see clubs as 'their babies' and will not allow anybody else to a) get involved with them if their way of doing things is different and B) if they dare voice an opinion contrary to the 'party line'. These are usually are then the first people to cry to the media when their club runs into trouble (Dawlish, Willenhall, Hinckley and a few others come to mind...)

Onto Carolyn Radford, well Rhodes you do know that she is a call girl and still sleeps with men despite being married?

She’s very much a reformed character these days and knows which side her bread is buttered on, I don’t think she will ever do the dirty on John Radford

There's a lot of truth in that, Alan, but where I would disagree is that Mr. Vince (and also Mr. Tan at Cardiff City) changed a lot of things at the club without consulting the fans (including changing the shirt colours, club badge and the veggie burgers only policy).

Had he allowed the fans a say, it could have been a different outcome.

I do agree with running clubs along business lines though, and I am an advocate of change in non league. The problem is that a lot of people see clubs as 'their babies' and will not allow anybody else to a) get involved with them if their way of doing things is different and B) if they dare voice an opinion contrary to the 'party line'. These are usually are then the first people to cry to the media when their club runs into trouble (Dawlish, Willenhall, Hinckley and a few others come to mind...)

I believe the situation at FGR is that sustainably caught fish and free range chicken products are allowed to be sold, and if anyone's so desperate to eat red meat they can bring their own. Dont see anything wrong with that at all. I stopped eating at football grounds years ago because they never offer a veggie option, and in almost all instances the food on offer is crap.

Your last paragraph was absolutely spot on.

I wouldn't be so sure about Mansfield, Rhodes.

A good side, but they will do well to even make the play-offs

Do you want to change your mind after their 3-2 win at Luton yesterday

Hmmm, not at the moment Rhodes.

The top of the Conference Premier is very tight, and any team from eight could in theory go up (seven, if FGR go nipples up)

I will still go for Wrexham and Grimsby to go up. Mansfield will make the play-offs along with Luton and perhaps Kidderminster.

I will still go for Wrexham and Grimsby to go up

I think the FA Trophy Final could distract those two and Mansfield still have to entertain both of them as well as travel to the Racecourse

That's a fair shout, Rhodes.

However, Wrexham today signed Dele Adebola and his class will definitely mean that Wrexham have a very good chance of going up automatically.

That's a fair shout, Rhodes.

However, Wrexham today signed Dele Adebola and his class will definitely mean that Wrexham have a very good chance of going up automatically.

Dont write off Luton yet, apparently they have signed up Dagenham manager John Still today. Having taken Dagenham and Maidstone into the football league he certainly knows his way out of the conference.

John Still?

Interesting, and a very good appointment!

John Still?

Interesting, and a very good appointment!

As far as D&R are concerned its a terrible appointment.

Apparently Luton have offered him a three year contract with a £300k pa salary. Even though Luton are attracting a good level of support paying out that kind of money stinks of desperation and I wonder if they have adopted a promotion or bust mentality.

Possibly, but Nick Owen is a sensible man and would not put money on the table willy nilly.

I did hear that a certain Mr. Di Canio spoke with them as well....

I did hear that a certain Mr. Di Canio spoke with them as well....

That's surprising as Di Canio is probably ready for a League One Club

Or, if you believe what certain papers are saying, he will soon be installed as the new Leeds boss.

Another great win for the Stags on Tuesday night at Lincoln, just five points behind leaders Wrexham now with a game in hand and still due to play the Welsh outfit twice!

It's tight at the top!

I wonder which sides will be dropping into the Conference though?

That's tight too isn't it, it would be sad to see Plymouth drop into the Conference and I can't understand how such a great Club have been allowed to struggle for so many years

It would be sad to see them go.

Plymouth have been to hell and back, and are trying to scrape by. I think they will survive (just) and I have heard that they might be getting new owners soon.

I think that AFC Wimbledon and Barnet will go down, but any team from 14th place downwards in League 2 cannot consider themselves safe just yet.

Another win for Mansfield yesterday and with Wrexham failing to beat Alfreton Town at the Racecourse the Stags now have one foot in the Football League

They're almost there, but still tough to choose an outright winner.

Wrexham and Kidderminster both have 65 points

Mansfield have 62 points and games in hand on the top two

Newport also have 62 points but with games in hand on all of the three sides above them.

Grimsby Town have 61 points and also have games in hand on the top four.

It's two from five, as far as I'm concerned, as Forest Green Rovers only have 57 points and they may have to settle for a play-off place. Hereford, Luton, Macclesfield and Woking all have an outside chance of the play-offs but will need to win every game from now on in order to grab sixth place.

With Mansfield in good form, they could sneak a surprise. However, Newport and Grimsby are far from out of the race.

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton