Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 8th/9th January

Tuesday 8th January

(Kick Off 7.45pm unless stated)

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Third Round

Colney Heath v Southall

Dunstable Town v St Margaretsbury

PREMIER DIVISION

Berkhamsted v Leverstock Green

Hanwell Town v Hatfield Town

Hillingdon Borough v Harefield United

Tring Athletic v AFC Dunstable

LONDON SENIOR CUP Fourth Round

Wingate & Finchley v Haringey Borough

DIVISION ONE

Buckingham Athletic v Winslow United (Kick Off 7.30pm)

Codicote v Hoddesdon Town

Harpenden Town v Kentish Town

Langford v Bedford

New Bradwell St Peter v Stony Stratford Town

DIVISION ONE CUP Second Round

Sun Postal Sports v Cockfosters

BIGGLESWADE & DISTRICT KNOCK OUT CUP First Round

Stotfold Reserves v Caldecote Reserves

Wednesday 9th January

PREMIER DIVISION

Hadley v Oxhey Jets

BERKS & BUCKS SENIOR TROPHY Quarter Final

Aylesbury United v Shrivenham

DIVISION ONE

Chesham United Reserves v Amersham Town

Crawley Green v Cranfield United

SOUTH MIDLANDS FLOODLIT CUP (Reserve Section) Second Round

Cockfosters Reserves v Royston Town Reserves

At least Haringey Borough will get a game this week

Tuesday 8th January

PREMIER DIVISION

Hanwell Town v Hatfield Town

Should be interesting.

Hatfield had a good win Saturday all set up to be a cracker!

Yep and i hope its a cracker that we win ;)

Don't win by to many lol , it will make us look worse than we was .

I would take a 1 0 own goal win right now X man.

Ampthill Town will bounce back they have had a great season so far and still have the Vase game to play maybe some of the players minds are on the Vase game at the mo.

Yeah hope you get the points WB, gonna instead watch the Bradwell v Stony derby game, that'll b a good contest too......

Cheers me too this one means a lot especially with all the banter flying about be nice to put one over on them just a shame I can't be there. Hope Perry keeps his cool cos they will look to wind him up. Think Stony will batter Bradwell.

Cheers me too this one means a lot especially with all the banter flying about be nice to put one over on them just a shame I can't be there. Hope Perry keeps his cool cos they will look to wind him up. Think Stony will batter Bradwell.

With Ampthill not having a game these were the two tbh I wanted to watch so to both fall on the same night argh.

With Ampthill not having a game these were the two tbh I wanted to watch so to both fall on the same night argh.

Haha typical if you were coming to watch our game you could have just continues supporting the team in Yellow and Blue haha. Nice day so far so hopefully plenty people will take in both games. Stony will be looking to bounce back from Aston game who to be fair when you look at their squad have a team of players who have all played regular South Mids Prem and Southern League a case of mates playing local together I think Stony will be ruthless tonight

Edited by Winslow Boy

Haha typical if you were coming to watch our game you could have just continues supporting the team in Yellow and Blue haha. Nice day so far so hopefully plenty people will take in both games. Stony will be looking to bounce back from Aston game who to be fair when you look at their squad have a team of players who have all played regular South Mids Prem and Southern League a case of mates playing local together I think Stony will be ruthless tonight

I said to myself last week when they played Aylesbury that 1-11 the Aston players should be playing at least 1 level higher. Looking at their website, I think 3 or 4 of the players can't commit every week, as you say WB a case of playing with their mates when they can. Shame really

I said to myself last week when they played Aylesbury that 1-11 the Aston players should be playing at least 1 level higher. Looking at their website, I think 3 or 4 of the players can't commit every week, as you say WB a case of playing with their mates when they can. Shame really

It is as there is some real quality there that many cubs would like and it's not as if any of them are near the end of the careers. I'd take 6or7 of those players in a heartbeat into most prem sides even

It is as there is some real quality there that many cubs would like and it's not as if any of them are near the end of the careers. I'd take 6or7 of those players in a heartbeat into most prem sides even

Was like that a few years ago when i spent sometime over at Aston.....really good bunch of players who could play higher but happy to play with mates.

Nice club as well.

Was like that a few years ago when i spent sometime over at Aston.....really good bunch of players who could play higher but happy to play with mates.

Nice club as well.

The club have always performed and shown a few Prem sides the door in the Challenge Trophy.

Just a shame they can't get a ground to take that step up, shame too they can't be promoted and say kick off home games at 1.30 like they do CT, why clubs have to spend stupid amounts of dosh just to get promotion when they struggle to make ends meet only the hierarchy know.

Politics and football, great combination

Edited by No13

Its not as simple as that no.13. Going up levels means more committment, more training, more travelling, more midweek games, more pressure, and keeping yourself in good shape generally ( on friday nights especially )

Some players cant or wont do that and its as much a part of being a footballer as ability is in my opinion.

A Div 2 always have a chance in a one off against a Prem team, they are decent players, but put them in a 22 team league and see how many they win out of 42. Teams in each Division are there for a reason they earnt or found their place.

Agreed no doubt of they were in a higher div the same players wouldn't commit they prob just enjoy the kick about on a sat no massive commitment, win things with mates play local etc but IF they had that team they would hold there on in div1 and prob prem but as I've said with Risboro the financial commitment is also a factor it's a lot of money to get lights and facilities and you won't get it back and you're talking about just one promotion. Both Aston and Risboro would do well as they are no question in Div 1 I must add.

Edited by Winslow Boy