Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 8th/9th January

Tuesday 8th January

PREMIER DIVISION

3-1 Hanwell Town v Hatfield Town

A hard earned 3 points.

Up to 8th now and very very very happy with that.

No disrespect but i think it suits a lot of the Division 2 sides to stay were they are as well....most are based around the same area so that means no major journey to matches.

Of all the teams in the Division what would be the longest journey....Broxbourne??

I think you're right mate I was trying to say that but also they are good enough

I think you're right mate I was trying to say that but also they are good enough

Easy good enough pal....the season i was with Aston we got to the semi finals of the Challenge Cup knocking out at least 3 Premier sides!

Easy good enough pal....the season i was with Aston we got to the semi finals of the Challenge Cup knocking out at least 3 Premier sides!

Yeah it's funny the players there don't seem to want to put in commitment to play higher but love the games against the higher sides lot of them play for same Sunday side they got to Sunday FA cup semi this year I think

That's the point tho MM8, that season when you reached the Semi's, had the team been allowed promotion based in what I'd said yeah, and had stayed together, just how far would they have gone?

Look at Hadley and AFC, summit we will never know but it is in reality a real shame that a side as good as that wasn't allowed to fulfil their potential.

That's the point tho MM8, that season when you reached the Semi's, had the team been allowed promotion based in what I'd said yeah, and had stayed together, just how far would they have gone?

Look at Hadley and AFC, summit we will never know but it is in reality a real shame that a side as good as that wasn't allowed to fulfil their potential.

True a lot of those players have already done well at levels above though anyway.

Yeah it's funny the players there don't seem to want to put in commitment to play higher but love the games against the higher sides lot of them play for same Sunday side they got to Sunday FA cup semi this year I think

Not too sure commitment lacking is the reason WB, more playing with your mates and the Manager.

Craig Bicknell when he was Manager of North Bucks PB(MK), he had the likes of Hughsie, Rocky Williams, George Ericson to name a few, all at Ampthill with him now, then when Craig ran Division 2 side Padbury still had the same 3 along with Taylor, McKenzie, Lyon, Flux, Bewick, my lad, all still with him now, so guess if you have the right Gaffa and some good mates you'll play wherever and whatever standard.

No13 - its down to the club really chap, they know the level of players they have at the club so should have sorted a ground share to make progression.

Like i said i think its suits to stay where they are.

What did you think of Hatfield?

A better Hatfield Town side than when we played them 4 weeks ago thats for sure but lastnight they needed someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

No13 - its down to the club really chap, they know the level of players they have at the club so should have sorted a ground share to make progression.

Like i said i think its suits to stay where they are.

True mate, when my lad played Div.2 was kinder on the old fuel costs, and nothing like being the underdog in a Challenge Trophy game then upsetting the odds.

Think at most clubs there are players who could play higher, but if you've got some good mates next to you and are enjoying it then surely that's what it's all about

True mate, when my lad played Div.2 was kinder on the old fuel costs, and nothing like being the underdog in a Challenge Trophy game then upsetting the odds.

Think at most clubs there are players who could play higher, but if you've got some good mates next to you and are enjoying it then surely that's what it's all about

Agreed...best times are when you are in a team of mates.

Agreed...best times are when you are in a team of mates.

Thats what the Hanwell Town team is made up of and look how well we are doing this season.

Thats what the Hanwell Town team is made up of and look how well we are doing this season.

A little better than last term LOL.

And to think you're were that close to relegation, certainly have turned it around and to loyal supporters like yourself must be refreshing?

Good club Hanwell...always enjoyed my visits. Apart from an 8 nil beating with Welwyn years back!

A little better than last term LOL.

And to think you're were that close to relegation, certainly have turned it around and to loyal supporters like yourself must be refreshing?

Yes really enjoy and look forward to going to watch Hanwell this season always think we have a good chance of getting the 3 points against whoever we are playing. Last season losing 2 0 was a great result for us.

Ray and his team have done a great job this season.

Good club Hanwell...always enjoyed my visits. Apart from an 8 nil beating with Welwyn years back!

Yes the good times are back at Hanwell Town FC this season.

monkey.gif