Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 8th/9th January

Cranfield!! Talk about bouncing back!!!! New signings obviously did the trick.

Think any manager that loses a game 9-0 would think twice about carrying on especially as the next one a few days later would be deemed just as tough.

But fair play to Lee and his staff, to lift his boys albeit with a couple of new signings and get that result deserves the highest credit.

Well done to Lee and Cranfield.

Poor bloke good player hope he makes a full recovery. They were coasting too

Bad news is that it's a double break of the Tibula and Fibula, and at his stage of his career that could mean the end - which would be a really sad end to a distinguished non-league career. Gutting.

Nice one, easy way out would have been to step away after saturday but as manager i took full responsibility of the result and after the game looking back 11 shots on target dosent normally end up with 9 goals ! having said that 0-0 for 30 mins we were ok then the last hour was not acceptable i told the players that they had let the club and themselves down and we moved on we lost 3 points and a bit of face but also learned a lot so thats the positive thing from it we were scoring 8s and 9s last year thats football. I made 5 changes from saturday 1 new signing played and scored the first, he hasnt played for 6 months could be a handfull when he is fit we will have to see. The other 2 lads are available on saturday.Good response from the boys against a side flying and who had only lost at home once since the opening day of the season. A change in formation gave us a better shape,Crawley Green were once again great hosts allways like playing them nice people and i wish them all the best for the rest of the season.Saturday sees us at Bedford in our biggest league game of the season will be tough but if we show the same spirit as last night i will be happy.

Bad news is that it's a double break of the Tibula and Fibula, and at his stage of his career that could mean the end - which would be a really sad end to a distinguished non-league career. Gutting.

Sorry to hear that awful news. A real shame.

Horrible news, happened to Tring's skipper Mark Boniface a number of years ago at Beaconsfield SYCOB. The break also severed the main artery in his leg. Thankfully actions of the SYCOB physio possibly saved his life as the ambulance took so long to turn up. Bonny was in his mid / late 30s at the time so never played again at a decent level.

Hope Lee's breaks are clean & that he makes a full recovery.

I see from Twitter that his was due to be operated on this morning.

I know between Aylesbury and Ampthill we've had our banter, but don't care what colour, what race, what club they play for, no one would wish what happened to Lee on anyone.

Hope the lad makes a full and speedy recovery and that his operation this morning for starters was successful.

Must be a tough time for both his Family and all connected with the club......best wishes to him.

Thanks for all the well wishes, having spoken to him earlier I know they mean a lot to Lee.

He had a 6 hour operation to insert a rod into his leg earlier today. In terms of leg breaks I think it's right up there with the worst unfortunately...

There's a full update on our site www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk

Wednesday 9th January

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 Hadley v Oxhey Jets

A brief report on this one from another Forum:

Wednesday 9 January 2013 – Spartan South Midlands Premier – Attendance: 38 h/c

Hadley (red & black/black/black) 0 – 2 Oxhey Jets (blue/blue/blue)

Scorers: Oxhey Jets (L. Inch 25, Bywater 74)

Pitch: not good, rough grass – Weather: cold, going frosty, going misty

Oxhey Jets battled for a 0-2 victory on a cabbage patch of a pitch. Oxhey Jets dominated play up until their second goal. Hadley failed to score from their best chances in the 87th and 88th minutes, apart from that, they had nothing. Oxhey Jets win takes the up to second place in the table, closing in on Dunstable Town. Star Man: Warren Gladdy (Oxhey Jets)

Café/Pub: ‘spoons, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar (beer 3/10; food 7/10)

Wednesday 9th January

BERKS & BUCKS SENIOR TROPHY Quarter Final

A-A Aylesbury United v Shrivenham (Due to serious injury to Aylesbury United's Lee Birch)

A report on the unfortunate events from another Forum:

Aylesbury Utd A-A Shrivenham

Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy Q/F

Aylesbury raced in to a 4-0 lead by half time against a willing but limited opposition. The 2nd half was a little more scrappy but Aylesbury continued to dominate missing a few easy chances and also hitting the bar. It was unfortunately abandoned in the 62nd minute due to a double leg for Aylesbury's Lee Bircham. Lee received a pass out wide and as he controlled a Shrivenham player came in hard and unfortunately took Lee's standing leg (and the ball). It seemed like a tough tackle and Lee didn't make a sound however I guess he went in to shock as he then lay down and straight away the bench signaled it was bad. After standing around for 10 mins in the freezing fog the ref decided to call a halt to proceedings.

Shrivenham were happy to concede the game. They had travelled a long way, were second best throughout the contest and really don't fancy having to do it all again. However will the B&B FA see common sense...?

During the game the ref would have had good reason to abandon due to fog. At one point I couldn't see one of the goals nor the other side of the pitch. The lino on my side also made the ref aware that he couldn't be 100% certain with offside decisions as it difficult to pick out players in the middle and far side.

Wednesday 9th January

DIVISION ONE

3-0 Chesham United Reserves v Amersham Town

A brief report from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

Chesham United Reserves 3-0 Amersham Town

Admission & original (22/12) prog £5.00 2x choc, crisps & hot drink £5.80

Attendance 70 (including the Amersham "boiz")

With both my planned visits later this month being elbowed aside by Leighton Town's rearranged games, a quick change of plan saw me here instead of Crawley Green. With no score after 73 minutes I was beginning to fear the worst, but Chesham took pity on me and opened the scoring before adding the other two right at the death as Amersham's defence disappeared into the rapidly descending fog.

love the fact that Winslow Boy gets a mention lol

So is his name Claude Seanta or Vinnie Shrieves then

Tuesday 8th January

1-3 Langford v Bedford

A report on this affair from another Forum:

Spartan South Midlands League Division One

at Forde Park, Henlow, Beds

Langford (0)1 Bedford (2)3

Admission: £5 Programme: FWA Attendance: 41

Good game this one despite the mid-table nothingness of both sides. Bedford raced into a two goal lead, Langford pulled one back at the start of the second half before hammering Bedford for thirty minutes. Bedford then added a third late on to kill the game. Neither side looked particularly sharp and look set to remain in the middle of the table or thereabouts come the end of the season. Bedford arrived in their maroon and blue away strip as listed in the programme but the ref deemed this to clash with Langford's red so the game was held up for 15 minutes whilst the Langford folks rustled up a reserve team kit for their visitors. Hadn't been to Forde PArk for many years and although the clubhouse remains the same, looking like a Swedish sauna with all it's faux wood everywhere, the two old wooden stands have sadly departed this earth to make way for a brace o' Atcosts - one a seated stand, the other a small cover. A breezeblock wall surrounds the pitch with three old fashioned floodlight pylons on either side. Always nice to go back somewhere after a long absence and see the changes and in this case, the decay. Home by 11.30.

Tuesday 8th January

DIVISION ONE

3-4 Buckingham Athletic v Winslow United

A report from another Forum:

Buckingham Athletic 3 Winslow United 4, South Midlands League Div 1.

Addmission £3, Prog £1, Att.150ish.

A healthy crowd at Stratford Fields for this local derby, the football played at times wasn't great but what both teams lacked in skill at times was more than made up in effort and committment. An entertaining game that Buckingham were always chasing.

Another thread has mentioned grounds in a town centre location, Stratford Fields certainly falls into this category with it being no more than a couple of minutes walk into town.

Pleasant ground in a pleasant location, stand on the one side stradlling the halfway line which could house 100 or so provided the only cover on a wet evening.

Good company in the second half from someone I've not met before, Richard, a Wycombe fan from Aylesbury, doesn't post on here but he did say that he knows some of the more senior members on here, Hoddy, Buncrana and Grumpy amongst the names he mentioned.

Tuesday 8th January

Harpenden Town v Kentish Town

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS of @Harpenden_Town v Kentish Town from Tuesday - http://thecoldend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/controversy-at-rothamsted-park.html

[/size][/font]

A report from another Forum:

Buckingham Athletic 3 Winslow United 4, South Midlands League Div 1.

Addmission £3, Prog £1, Att.150ish.

A healthy crowd at Stratford Fields for this local derby, the football played at times wasn't great but what both teams lacked in skill at times was more than made up in effort and committment. An entertaining game that Buckingham were always chasing.

Another thread has mentioned grounds in a town centre location, Stratford Fields certainly falls into this category with it being no more than a couple of minutes walk into town.

Pleasant ground in a pleasant location, stand on the one side stradlling the halfway line which could house 100 or so provided the only cover on a wet evening.

Good company in the second half from someone I've not met before, Richard, a Wycombe fan from Aylesbury, doesn't post on here but he did say that he knows some of the more senior members on here, Hoddy, Buncrana and Grumpy amongst the names he mentioned.

For a 7 goal thriller this post Rhodes has absolutely no relevance to the game whatsoever, absolute waste of time.

God help us all when you copy another thread say of a game that was 0-0.

Still boring, still clueless and still clubless, oh and a tw@t