Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rangers To Join The Blue Square Premier?

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/lee-refuses-to-rule-out-rangers-entry-19410/#_

This would certainly be very interesting!

Thoughts?

I guess that along with Newport County (if they're not promoted) and a few others (can't think off the top of my head), they would be full time.

Whilst weeknight fixtures away or home to Barrow and Gateshead are feasible, can you imagine what it would be like if they had to play Braintree or Kidderminster away or home midweek?

I am guessing that the following teams could be played midweek (still a major trek):

Barrow, Gateshead, Grimsby Town, Mansfield Town, Macclesfield Town, Southport, Alfreton Town, Hyde, Lincoln City, Tamworth, Stockport County, AFC Telford United, Nuneaton Town.

The FA, SFA and UEFA have always said they are opposed to this. Can't see that changing any time soon.

I don't personally think it'll happen.

Their travel logistics would be worse than Guernsey's.

I could see it happening, but it would be extremely tricky.

There might be a space or two in the League, as a few sides are facing financial trouble:

Portsmouth's future is still not certain, although things look a lot better for them now than they did in July, and whilst they are currently top of the Championship Cardiff City currently have debts of over £100m and if their Malaysian owner pulls out they will have to reform in either the Southern League or even Western or Hellenic League!

Worryingly for the Blue/Red birds, a statement was put out by their board in July 2012 indicating that it was 'promotion or bust' this season.

A very good point, Alan, and let's not forget that there are six Welsh clubs playing within the English set-up.

I guess that along with Newport County (if they're not promoted) and a few others (can't think off the top of my head), they would be full time.

Whilst weeknight fixtures away or home to Barrow and Gateshead are feasible, can you imagine what it would be like if they had to play Braintree or Kidderminster away or home midweek?

I am guessing that the following teams could be played midweek (still a major trek):

Barrow, Gateshead, Grimsby Town, Mansfield Town, Macclesfield Town, Southport, Alfreton Town, Hyde, Lincoln City, Tamworth, Stockport County, AFC Telford United, Nuneaton Town.

Alot of the teams in the blue square south are full time

A very good point, Alan, and let's not forget that there are six Welsh clubs playing within the English set-up.

It might be seven or eight soon, as Rhyl and Neath have made 'serious noises' about joining the NWCFL and either the Western or Hellenic respectively.

I don't personally think it'll happen.

Their travel logistics would be worse than Guernsey's.

Difference there is that Rangers would have the money to cope AND they pay their players, whereas GFC.......

Difference there is that Rangers would have the money to cope AND they pay their players, whereas GFC.......

Careful, Geordie ! You'd inviting some strong replies !

I just wonder if Portsmouth would be joining the BSP with them?

They are out of the Football League IF they are not out of administration soon.

Archived