Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 29th/30th January

FT: Welwyn Garden City 3 Winslow United 2 - Big three points

FT: Bedford Town 2 Ampthill Town 0

Yeah great three points for you seems you caught is twice on the break late on, shouldnt really get caught on break when you're winning. Gutted as it seemed was going well and looked on course for some away day points. Got to move on quick again to next game another big six pointer against Kentish l

MIDDLESEX PREMIER CUP Quarter Final

FT. Ashford Town (Middx) Reserves 1 Southall 1

Extra Time.

FT. Ashford Town (Middx) Reserves 1 Southall 1

Extra Time.

Attendance 30 (Head Count)

Latest. Ashford Town (Middx) Reserves 1 Southall 2

Extra Time.

FT. Ashford Town (Middx) Reserves 1 Southall 2 (After Extra Time)

Southall to play Hampton & Richmond or Staines Lammas at Home on the 18/2.

Wednesday 30th January

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Hadley v Haringey Borough

BEDS SENIOR CUP Quarter Final

2-0 Bedford Town v Ampthill Town

1-2* Ashford Town (Middx) Reserves v Southall

DIVISION ONE

3-2 Welwyn Garden City v Winslow United

Got to be honest, for the level that Bedford Town play, for 78 minutes we were a shade the better side, , all said and done tho a good work out for the Ampthill boys and a good performance to take us into Saturdays FA Vase game.

Yeah must have been a very strong performance. If the lads take those levels into Saturday they will get the right result

Got to be honest, for the level that Bedford Town play, for 78 minutes we were a shade the better side, , all said and done tho a good work out for the Ampthill boys and a good performance to take us into Saturdays FA Vase game.

Got to say although I dont think Ampthill were better they were certainly a match for us. Amazed you arent higher in your division with some of the players you have. I thought your only weak links were the keeper who looked nervous and was unfortunately at fault for the first goal and strangely Michael Mckenzie who looks a shadow of the player we had 3 years or so ago. The rest would not look out of place in any Southern League divusion. The boy that went to right back was better than the player he replaced!

All in all a very good well organised side a credit to the Spartan league, good luck Saturday

Got to say although I dont think Ampthill were better they were certainly a match for us. Amazed you arent higher in your division with some of the players you have. I thought your only weak links were the keeper who looked nervous and was unfortunately at fault for the first goal and strangely Michael Mckenzie who looks a shadow of the player we had 3 years or so ago. The rest would not look out of place in any Southern League divusion. The boy that went to right back was better than the player he replaced!

All in all a very good well organised side a credit to the Spartan league, good luck Saturday

Behave mate, was our keepers first game for 6 and a half weeks, as for being at fault for the first goal, he'd organised a wall which when the kick was taken moved and so therefore didn't do its job, had the wall stayed job done.

Tho the Bedford keeper made a couple of top draw saves kicking wise he was awful.

Would say the Bedford boys tho didn't panic with the score at 0-0 for so long, was it fact a good leveller for both sides.

Can't believe 5 yellows and a red card, wasn't a dirty game at all.

Edited by No13

FT. Ashford Town (Middx) Reserves 1 Southall 2 (After Extra Time)

Southall to play Hampton & Richmond or Staines Lammas at Home on the 18/2.

where you there last night? You should have come and said hello! My body is in agony today.

where you there last night? You should have come and said hello! My body is in agony today.

I wasnt Dom i was at work :(

You still Southalls Num 1 ?

Where gary

I hear he has some personal problems to sort out so he has been given some time off.

Wednesday 30th January

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Hadley v Haringey Borough

I am a penis!

Edited by NeutralFan

Behave mate, was our keepers first game for 6 and a half weeks, as for being at fault for the first goal, he'd organised a wall which when the kick was taken moved and so therefore didn't do its job, had the wall stayed job done.

Tho the Bedford keeper made a couple of top draw saves kicking wise he was awful.

Would say the Bedford boys tho didn't panic with the score at 0-0 for so long, was it fact a good leveller for both sides.

Can't believe 5 yellows and a red card, wasn't a dirty game at all.

Sorry but its the keepers job to sort out his wall and once the ball had gone past it he made a hash of a weak shot. He flapped at crosses and looked nervous with every back pass. Apart from that he was OK. Sorry but look at our keeper Browny, big loud and dominant and I dont remember him kicking one return that nearly went back past him.

By the way wasnt this the keeper that played 45 minutes 2weeks ago not 6 and a half?

Im not here to pick holes in the boy but if this Ampthill team which is very talented and well drilled wants to step up a league they need a couple more players especially a GK.

Overall we gave a professional performance to win but we really didnt look like the side 2 leagues above and need to up it come Saturday at Stourbridge

Edited by bedfordman

Sorry but its the keepers job to sort out his wall and once the ball had gone past it he made a hash of a weak shot. He flapped at crosses and looked nervous with every back pass. Apart from that he was OK. Sorry but look at our keeper Browny, big loud and dominant and I dont remember him kicking one return that nearly went back past him.

By the way wasnt this the keeper that played 45 minutes 2weeks ago not 6 and a half?

Im not here to pick holes in the boy but if this Ampthill team which is very talented and well drilled wants to step up a league they need a couple more players especially a GK.

Overall we gave a professional performance to win but we really didnt look like the side 2 leagues above and need to up it come Saturday at Stourbridge

Bedfordman, are you not the one who touted for Lawrence a few weeks back, unless you are him, or his agent, or his bum chum.

Keeper sorted his wall, the wall didn't do its job, that simple.

His kicking was top draw and I think you're in a fantasy world as regards the crosses.

45 minutes with naff all to do in a friendly match don't count for much, not played a competitive game for 6 and a half weeks, does that help your statistics.

And for a shite keeper, this season has more man of the matches than any other team mate.

Brownie did have a good game except for his kicking, but then given the standard he plays its expected he'd be a better class.