Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

Epsom & Ewell v Guernsey FC is definitely ON tonight!

The pitch at Chipstead really is superb and I'm informed that there is no problem with the pitch and the forecast is only for a bit of light rain which won't have a bearing.

It might be a bit windy and I don't fancy their flight over too much, but once they are here we'll make them all welcome.

I am awaiting confirmation that the clubhouse will be open at 5.30 as was the case before with the original game.

Also a 60 page programme is available.

What more could you need with two in form sides going at each other?

Epsom - winners of their last 8 league games

Guernsey - unbeaten since August

Should be a cracker.

Excellent if surprising news. It hammered down with rain in the Chipstead area last night and is due to rain pretty much all day today. Might try and make this one myself.

Will pop up there myself if my game at Lingfield is off

Guernsey FC squad travelling for the game:

James Hamon

Charlie Pinsard

Johnny Coates

Sam Hall

Naro Zimmerman

Jamie Dodd

Alex Le Prevost

Joe Alvarez

Dominic Heaume

Matt Loaring

Ross Allen

Carl Walbridge

Nigel Hutton

Edited by Chris Clapham

Just 2 substitutes then, are we seeing the effects of Saturday's gruelling match v Rye, or are GFC just perhaps not taking the league cup that seriously in view of their fixture backlog. Promotion will obviously be their number 1 priority probably followed by the Vase. Whatever the reason, Epsom have a great opportunity to progress tonight.

I'm off to watch Farnham v Hartley Wintney should it survive the elements.

Just 2 substitutes then, are we seeing the effects of Saturday's gruelling match v Rye, or are GFC just perhaps not taking the league cup that seriously in view of their fixture backlog. Promotion will obviously be their number 1 priority probably followed by the Vase. Whatever the reason, Epsom have a great opportunity to progress tonight.

I'm off to watch Farnham v Hartley Wintney should it survive the elements.

Interesting point CB.

I wonder what others on here would prefer. A Wembley final or promotion?

Personally, Wembley may only come around once in a life time so I'd go for that.

Plenty of time to get promotion.

Having said that they could achieve both!

Send me a scouting report on Hartley please if game is on!

Edited by Chris Clapham

My thoughts on the size of the squad is that this is not the first time for a mid-week away game that there has been a couple of subs with no cover for the keeper.

I assume the club is trying to keep costs to a minimum given the added expense of an overnight stay and is certainly not a reflection of not taking this competition seriously.

The new faces won't let the club down and will be determined to prove a point to the coaching staff with the likes of Pinsard, Zimmerman and Wallbridge having been around the local game for several seasons.

Sam Hall in particular for a youngster has been showing plenty of potential in the local leagues and James Hamon who has played for the Lions already will I believe be the Lions number one keeper

once Chris Tardif hangs up his gloves and is a great keeper in the making (also an outstanding golfer).