Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

Was thinking of attending that game aswell but i cant see it being on.

Its been raining since this afternoon in Brentford but not to heavy.

Bedfont Sports v Horley Town - Match Postponed

Oh Well :(

Interesting Guernsey line up and interesting to see Ross Allen there, seeing as he wasn't on the line up that the club sent me on Sunday for the programme!

Either way, we know it will be a tough game, whatever line up they put out, although I thought bobuk was a little disrespectful. How many times has he watched us I wonder.

If he watched us at Badshot Lea the other week he might have a little more respect.

Edited by E&E Fred

Many thanks to E&E for depriving Guernsey residents of watching their team tonight.

Offical word

Epsom & Ewell refuse GFCTV

Guernsey FC regrets to inform its GFCTV subscribers that Epsom & Ewell Football Club has refused permission for GFCTV to record or live stream tonight's EL Records Premier Challenge Cup 3rd round tie.

Yesterday, Epsom & Ewell asked for payment in return for granting permission to film at the game and, in order to be consistent with how it has conducted its relationship with every other club in the Combined Counties Football League and its FA Carlsberg Vase opponents this season, Guernsey FC rejected this request. Guernsey FC has played 14 away fixtures so far this season and no other club has been paid for the ability to film at its ground. Where clubs have had concerns about a perceived adverse effect on home attendances, GFCTV has offered to restrict streaming to IP addresses outside the UK mainland. Epsom & Ewell's home league attendance this season currently averages 52.

'Whilst we have no option but to respect this decision, obviously we're disappointed with Epsom & Ewell's stance,' says Guernsey FC Chairman Steve Dewsnip. 'Guernsey FC is a non-profit organisation and registered charity run by unpaid volunteers that has significant costs running to several hundred thousand pounds per season, not only to travel to the UK to take part in the FA's non-league pyramid system and cups, but also to pay the full costs of hosting teams in Guernsey. GFCTV is an initiative to help with those costs and to supply a service that has been welcomed by many fans of the CCL and non-league football in general. For example, hundreds watched our dramatic FA Carlsberg Vase win on Saturday against Rye United and it's not only GFC fans that use the service, but supporters and officials of other clubs too. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the clubs who have been so supportive of the service and we look forward to streaming lots more exciting fixtures this season.'

Edited by Jade

Before you criticise Jade, maybe you should consider the financial situation of many of the clubs at this level.

We have very limited money and no ground. We most definitely are a non-profit making organisation too as our accounts will show!

Why exactly should we give free access when we have an opportunity to have a larger than average gate present that will put money over the bar and at the tea hut?

I completely agree with our club's stance.

Many thanks to E&E for depriving Guernsey residents of watching their team tonight.

Offical word

Oh Dear.....

Before you criticise Jade, maybe you should consider the financial situation of many of the clubs at this level.

We have very limited money and no ground. We most definitely are a non-profit making organisation too as our accounts will show!

Why exactly should we give free access when we have an opportunity to have a larger than average gate present that will put money over the bar and at the tea hut?

I completely agree with our club's stance.

Well why not do what others have done and only allow those on Guernsey to view it?

Got to be honest, agree with E&E here. What gives Guernsey the right to assume they can film where and when they want?

If the club doesn't want it to happen, then accept the decision and move on. There doesn't have to be a big thing made of it? And your post Jade, I believe is very belittling, and was uncalled for.

There are people over here who may have been planning to stay in and watch the game tonight, as the weather forecast isn't pleasant.

By the time they get in and find out that they can't see it, it will be too late to get to the game.

Now this may only be a couple, or it may be 15 or 20 people, I don't know. All I do know is that it's the only game on at this level and we want as many people to come and watch it as possible.

I repeat, why should we provide any service of any kind for free?

as a guernsey fan i can see both sides of the argument you see it as somthing for free, guernsey board by there statement seem to see it as a small bit of good will that goes towards paying for everyone coming over to us. personally i planned on watching it on gftv but hey ho thats life will keep twitter refreshed instead there is no need to make a big deal over it. Having read twitter it would seem that some fans have now decided that they will stay in a nerby pub till just before kickoff as a protest so maybe everyone will learn lesson from this.

There are people over here who may have been planning to stay in and watch the game tonight, as the weather forecast isn't pleasant.

By the time they get in and find out that they can't see it, it will be too late to get to the game.

Now this may only be a couple, or it may be 15 or 20 people, I don't know. All I do know is that it's the only game on at this level and we want as many people to come and watch it as possible.

I repeat, why should we provide any service of any kind for free?

Free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free and have I mentioned free. I dont subscribe to GFCTV and I am in the UK for the game tonight but I am now in two minds not to bother. Many of my non travelling mates were looking forward to the game and now will not be able to see it in Guernsey. What harm can it do to show the game to the people of Guernsey only who are unable to travel?? Guernsey have substantially higher costs than any other club at this level, have already provided clubs with income they would not have had if we had not joined this league and bring an away experience that no other club can provide, FOR FREE.

E&E you are not providing any service, you are not being asked to pay for anything all you are being asked is for permission to allow the game to be filmed. It cannot affect the gate as the film can only be seen in Guernsey!

Jade you are right we continue to give all to this league and ask for very little other than the opportunity to play football at a higher level and allow our supporters to support/watch our team. We have a very under strength team out tonight and I really hope that we batter them for the supporters

It was only a matter of time fir this problem to surface following the launch of GFCTV, the only surprise is that it's taken this long. Fair play to E&E in my opinion, they're doing the right thing for the interests of their own club. Amazing response from those within the 'Guernsey Bubble' though, these people must be on a different planet!!

I don't believe it!! another really useful thread about games on or off tonight, has turned into a Guernsey FC topic - can we stick to games on or off tonight please

Guru, your post claims that the CCL owe you for being in the league?

Guernsey were voted into the league by the clubs, so maybe you should be looking at it another way round?

I have no problem with guernsey, and believe they have been a breath of fresh air to the league, but just remember before you start throwing stones at other clubs. They are the reason you are here? I hope you do win the league, and you achieve the highest possible standard for your club, but do it with some grace and diginity.