Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 16th February - Fixtures, Results

Thought we deserved at least a point today at Berkhamsted. First time playing there, nice little ground to play in, very tight and cosy. Went 1-0 up from a superb header from a corner, we never let Berkhamsted get going, hit the post with 2 minutes to go before half time, must have changed the game! Second half, apparently their equaliser was a foul, I didn't see it as the ball went over my head on a corner, and their second was a good volley which our keeper didn't see until late. We had a few more chances but failed to take them, fair play to Berkhamstead they never gave up and continued to work hard. Day gets made worse by seeing London Tigers won, we really need to get a win against Biggleswade on Tuesday.

Had a brief chat with the league secretary after the game, as he approached me and introduced himself I thought he was going to lay into me about my caution at the end of the game for C2 (Dissent again!) but we had a good chat, nice to see the officials watching the games

Were you the number 6 by any chance? he was a right whinger, gave the little lino on the stand side plenty of verbal in second half. Wouldnt have thought Holmer were bottom of the table the way they played, carry on like that and you guys should be safe.

Karen - You forgot to put a 'P' against this one:

P Haringey Borough v St Margaretsbury

Karen - This was a post I made on Thursday morning

Just have to mention so hopefully they won't leave anyone else's like it but Welwyn left our changing room like a bomb had gone of I have advised my secretary not to report them to the league but to contact them direct. Just because your place is a sh...t hole doesn't mean you should leave others like it.

Lee I have passed on your comments to the football management committee

Were you the number 6 by any chance? he was a right whinger, gave the little lino on the stand side plenty of verbal in second half. Wouldnt have thought Holmer were bottom of the table the way they played, carry on like that and you guys should be safe.

How did you guess?!? :D

However, if you were stood in that corner, you should probably have noticed that it was offside on both counts when I made that last ditch tackle? Carry on the like that we should hopefully be safe, but judging on other results its going to be difficult

Just have to mention so hopefully they won't leave anyone else's like it but Welwyn left our changing room like a bomb had gone of I have advised my secretary not to report them to the league but to contact them direct. Just because your place is a sh...t hole doesn't mean you should leave others like it.

Cue Jonno! ;)

Welwyn left our changing room like a bomb had gone of

Yes there's nothing worse is there, when Haringey Borough, Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor played away I always made a point of being the last out of the away dressing room and you could eat your dinner off the floor

Yes there's nothing worse is there, when Haringey Borough, Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor played away I always made a point of being the last out of the away dressing room and you could eat your dinner off the floor

Well Tik Tok not only trashed ours nobody from the staff, playing squad or anyone else connected with the club came in after the game. The ref after the game said he should have sent 7 of their players off but felt there might have been a riot it was like playing against some Borstal team. They managed to nick a 0-0 draw too. So your statement is not entirely accurate is it!

I was one of the last to leave and I think that is probably an over exaggeration, but apologies if you felt the changing room was left in an unacceptable state, we will ensure that the players take more care in future......as a first time visitor to Cranfield I was very impressed with the pitch, the set up, the post match food and friendliness of the people at the club, however the manner in which you have highlighed "the above issue" does leave a slight sour taste. If you are mentioning it "so hopefully they wont leave anyone else's like it" then just do what you say above and contact the club directly, why put it on a forum and then feel the need to put a dig in about our clubs "sh..thole" facitities?

Disappointing really...

Well a dog is used to eating his dinner off of the floor, eh Rhodes

If you we're one of the last to leave and think the way it was left was acceptable then I'm glad I highlighted it on here.

To be honest when I left it looked like every other football changing room after it has been used by 14 blokes, mud everywhere, tape, empty bottles etc looks no different to our own away changing room after most teams come to us...although perhaps we dont take it on board cos it blends in with the sh..thole surroundings.

We will take it onboard...but I still dont think the forum is a place to do it

You should have seen the away changing room at the so called 'hidden gem' after some Tokyngton Manor games, disgusting is putting it mildly and then the away team arrogantly came out expecting to be fed and watered

You should have seen the away changing room at the so called 'hidden gem' after some Tokyngton Manor games, disgusting is putting it mildly and then the away team arrogantly came out expecting to be fed and watered

I think you'll find the disgusting thing was the state of that dreadful place and the state of the pitch. Arrogantly expecting to be fed and watered? League requirement I think you'll find to provide refreshment after the game, not that people wanted to hang around that god awful place let alone take the risk of eating anything prepared there possibly by you.

How did you guess?!? :D

However, if you were stood in that corner, you should probably have noticed that it was offside on both counts when I made that last ditch tackle? Carry on the like that we should hopefully be safe, but judging on other results its going to be difficult

I saw quite a few things that the officials didnt, but thats par for the course really and ill always have a biased view on events being a supporter. As I said before if you can perform like you did every week then you are capable of beating those teams around you and ought to pull clear of the bottom. Just leave out the lip towards the officials, (they wont change their mind) and you wont have any unnecessary suspensions. Poor discipline has hit Berko hard this season and much of it has been totally needless.