Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 19th/20th/21st February

For the record Lee, I don't think COYS is currently affiliated to Hoddesdon Town

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Third Round

3-2* Crawley Green v Haringey Borough

A report from another Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE CUP (or Challenge Trophy)

Crawley Green 3-2 Haringey Borough AET

Admission & prog £5.00 The last 2 filled rolls £2.00 Coffee 2x60p

Attendance - pretty much no-one apart from club officials

When Crawley Green equalized for the first time sending the game into extra time, I started to wonder if picking the loose bits off the side of the stand would be a more productive way of spending a bitterly cold Wednesday night. Thankfully, the dreaded penalties were avoided as CG fell behind again, equalized again and hit a deserved winner - no thanks to CG15 who was lucky not to get his marching orders for being a confrontational t**t.

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Aylesbury United v Berkhamsted

A report from another Forum:

Wednesday 20 February 2013 – Spartan South Midlands Premier – Attendance: 115 approx

Aylesbury United (green/white/white) 1 – 1 Berkhamsted (yellow & blue sleeves/blue/blue)

Scorers: Aylesbury United (Field 44) Berkhamsted (Pritchard 45)

Pitch: rolled mud, little grass – Weather: very cold, cutting wind

The final score was about right and unusually both goals were lobbed within two minutes of each other leading up to half-time. Stacey Field lobbed the visitor’s goalkeeper from an acute angle. The keeper came off his line, but immediately the home keeper was caught out, as he was lobbed by Lewis Pritchard from near the penalty spot. Opportunities were few in a game played at 100 mph and Aylesbury United would have surely won, if they had just one player to play a decisive pass, rather than continuing to play at a pace, without control or thought. Berkhamsted settled for one point with ten minutes to go and defended in numbers.

Star Man: Shane Wood (Aylesbury United)

Café/Pub: Swan Hotel (‘spoons) High Street, Leighton Buzzard (6/10)

I'm tending to agree with COYS here. I think it's great that Managers, coaches & players come on here & post, but LB does come out all guns blazing, when really club officials should just give a basic account & then see what happens. By all means defend your club, your players & yourself if there's a troll taking unnecessary pops but really you shouldn't have to get involved.

I think when Chinola comes on, he always gives an honest account & won't get too controversial. He also doesn't attract any crap either.

@WinslowUtdFC: Just witnessed one of the finest goals I have seen at any level. Diagonal ball from deep delivered by Matt Brady and a 1st time sublime left foot volley 12-15 yards out tight angle across the keeper into far corner. Jus

t pure class @ClaudeSeanla #unbelievable

WB, I see Claude's still banging in the goals for you guys. He must be enjoying it there. To be perfectly honest I thought he'd have 3 or 4 with you & he would be back in the Ryman. Fair Play to him & the club.

WB, I see Claude's still banging in the goals for you guys. He must be enjoying it there. To be perfectly honest I thought he'd have 3 or 4 with you & he would be back in the Ryman. Fair Play to him & the club.

He is still getting fit but yes says he is really enjoying it and will prob stay till end of season, our aim is to get him back up to that standard, Perry got Brackley to have a look at him he went training but it didn't quite work out. Quality player and a really nice lad. Him and Shrievsy have formed an excellent partnership, SAS.

When are hoddesdon going to put up there mid week report when they win it goes up in hours when they lose it goes quiet

Could it be that they were so totally outplayed the reporter is finding it hard to conjure up a report that makes out they were unlucky to lose

Monkey, I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person from Hoddesdon who posts regularly on here.

Paddywack, our web guy has been away, hence the delay.

Karen, uncharacteristic dig from you. Good luck to high flying WGC this weekend....

Jonno - my apologies, my response was very much tongue in cheek, I have a wicked sense of humour. Full credit to your reporter for always turning out a comprehensive report for every game, such passion should always be encouraged. I always find the reports very informative should I require any information.

Personally am dreading the weekend game - a very tricky banana skin - someone has to be the first to lose to New Bradwell St Peter, I just hope its not us.

Bearman. You have just confirmed to me that you are just a thick bloke in football. Why send me a message calling me a dickhead and your number. Two things first this is not a school playground were bully boys run riot. Secondly I don't fancy you want to drink with you so don't need your phone number or wish to lower myself talking to someone who comes across as a thug or a kind of chap with no morales. I'm not sure as a manager of a football club you should be sending messages that could be seen as alarming or distressing not that I'm either but I could have been, not an example a manager should've setting to his players. I'm sorry but your nothing more then a thug who likes to think he can throw his weight about and scare people. Not my style and I do not wish to be mixed up with people like you.

I sent you my number because the message you sent sounded like you had a problem now I know you have your the one who came on here giving it dickhead ect I will find out who you are and have a proper discusion.my comments were tongue and cheek like Karen's but idiots like you like to give it the big un and turn it into something it's not.you won't ring because your a pussy ass next.

How is calling me a dick head tongue in check!?! As for Karen I'm sure WGC would not want their manager coming on a public forum calling people names and coming across as a bully.

You won't find out who I am and if you did what are you going to do drive around till you find me. I'm not attached to any club I just enjoy watching non league football what I don't like is people like you having a pop at people and then when someone pulls you on it you make school boy threats. Please try and find some good manners and refrain from calling me names or sending me messages that are immature and something I would expect from a kid