Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase Final Might Move From Wembley

The Mayor of Simpleton - But what's the point of Step 4 Club's being in the FA Trophy

Rhodes, you would need to ask the FA that.

My guess is that Step 4 is the semi-pro boundary.  Beyond that, clubs are amateur (i.e. strictly speaking, they don't pay wages - although a good amount do).   Therefore the Trophy is for semi-pro and the Vase for amateurs.

• 6 months later...

I see that this years FA Vase Final will still be played at Wembley, that's surprising!

• 2 weeks later...

It's makes the competition a laughing stock doesn't it when the Final is played at a near empty Wembley stadium when it could be a full house elsewhere in the Country

It's makes the competition a laughing stock doesn't it when the Final is played at a near empty Wembley stadium when it could be a full house elsewhere in the Country

Where do you think it could be a full house?

Agreed,however 85000 is a big ground when only 10-30000 fans turn up, can seem very odd and out of sync for such an occasion.

I went to the new Wembley when D&R beat Rotherham in the league two playoffs, and although there was less than 20,000 there it was a great occasion. Don't try to tell me you don't gream of watching playing there one day.

Rhodes made a fair point (good god did I just say that!) about 2 North East team being more likely to fill St James's Park.

But setting out on the road to "some ground to be announced in April" doesn't have the same sound about it as Wembley

Playing or watching your team at Wembley must be the ultimate for any football person, and that dream should never be taken away from anyone, IMO. 

As I said, if you had asked Shildon and Spennymoor where they would have preferred to play last years Final, had they met, they would have both said St James Park in front of 52,000 instead of about 15,000 at Wembley

Rhodes made a fair point (good god did I just say that!) about 2 North East team being more likely to fill St James's Park.

But setting out on the road to "some ground to be announced in April" doesn't have the same sound about it as Wembley

True :unsure:  and very true B)

• 4 months later...

I think this says it all from another Forum doesn't it, 5,431at the Final yesterday:

FA Vase Final @ Wembley Stadium
SHOLING 1-0 WEST AUCKLAND TOWN
Attendance 5,431
Ticket £15 - Programme £4 (28pp)

The Northern League's dominance of the FA Vase is finally over. Not the greatest of finals, game didn't get going until second half, only goal coming on 70 minutes when a diagonal ball into the penalty area found Marvin McLean who hit a low shot into the corner of the net. West Auckland's best chance to equalise came from an effort which the Sholing keeper tipped onto the bar, it was enough to earn him the man of the match award. Disappointing crowd for a Vase Final, Sholing had twice as many fans as West Auckland. Plenty of southern based hoppers present including HampshireLad2 of this parish.