Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd February - Fixtures, Results

Lol sorry for the delay can't believe we lost 4-0 we totally outplayed them had no luck should have had 3 penalties and were mugged off by local ref and linesman.Actually the truth is we were awfull and don't think their keeper even had to make a save 8 players missing from midweek is tough but the lads who came in were simply not good enough.will have most back for Tuesday thank god.Well done and good luck to Southall just a shame I've not had my squad to pick from every time we have played them I even played 85 mins at home ! Still no report from the Hoddesdon website come on paddy whack give us a laugh.

A Groundhoppers View (this will please WB)

London Lions 5 Winslow 1 South Midlands League Division 1

Admission £5 (inc thin programme)

Tea £1.10 (in a large paper cup and included free biscuit.)

h/c 20

London are playing at Rowley Lane, their home base this season, but a club official told me that if they gain promotion they will be playing all games at Hemel's ground next season. The pitch is superb and well cared for and there is a scaffolding stand near the half way line. Behind the pitch is a floodlit 3G pitch which saw 2 games played on it while I was there. I can't see why the local council won't let the club errect floodlights on their main pitch? Apparently the club are trying again to get permission and it is with the council.

It was worth the admission fee just to watch the Winslow manager as he ranted and raved during the game. Where did he get his yellow shoes from? His side performed well in the first half and it was 1-1 at half time. Two early home goals put they game beyond Winslow and the Lions scored twice more before the end. Really they could have won by 10 goals as they missed lots of chances. A really friendly club and I'm glad I ticked this ground before they start to groundshare again.

A Groundhoppers View (this will please WB)

London Lions 5 Winslow 1 South Midlands League Division 1

Admission £5 (inc thin programme)

Tea £1.10 (in a large paper cup and included free biscuit.)

h/c 20

London are playing at Rowley Lane, their home base this season, but a club official told me that if they gain promotion they will be playing all games at Hemel's ground next season. The pitch is superb and well cared for and there is a scaffolding stand near the half way line. Behind the pitch is a floodlit 3G pitch which saw 2 games played on it while I was there. I can't see why the local council won't let the club errect floodlights on their main pitch? Apparently the club are trying again to get permission and it is with the council.

It was worth the admission fee just to watch the Winslow manager as he ranted and raved during the game. Where did he get his yellow shoes from? His side performed well in the first half and it was 1-1 at half time. Two early home goals put they game beyond Winslow and the Lions scored twice more before the end. Really they could have won by 10 goals as they missed lots of chances. A really friendly club and I'm glad I ticked this ground before they start to groundshare again.

Yep killed ourselves in first ten mins of second half and just never got going. Don't blame him for ranting and raving the ref was f/cking atrocious and even the assessor said so and was going to give him a dressing down. Lions are a quality side, organised, confident, they move the ball well and could have had a lot more in the second half. Not the most organised place I've ever visited but definitely friendly.

Edited by Winslow Boy

1-2 Hertford Town v Hanwell Town

Our 10th win in a row and we had to battle for it and i think we deserved the 3 points but Hertford Town gave us a game thats for sure.

I really enjoyed my first ever visit to Hertford Town FC its my sort of ground with bags of character with nice green surroundings.

Love the club shop or should i say club shed ;) dont see many of those at step 5 great stuff.

Also i must say what great vocal support Hertford Town FC have. Superb singing from there fans especially in the second half and again you dont see or should i say hear that much at step 5 football.

Hope Hertford Town FC climb up the table the supporters and the ground deserve it in my opinion.

Got to say if your gonna answer the question then to win 4-0 away at your closest rivals and remain unbeaten to date in the SSML Prem then Dunstable certainly did that today, simple as.

Also a massive congrats to Aston Clinton and a side who rarely gets a mention Pitstone & Ivinghoe on both reaching the B&B County Cup Final, considering both are step 7 in a competition that has many step 6 sides enter, a great achievement to both clubs.

Winslow boy did nial play ? I had him when I first took over his attitude wasn't right but then he was a young lad Dunstable signed him from us but they didn't play him maybe a couple of games and set him back really ,ended up at wanderers with his friends hope he does well for you.